1969 rear quarter panel replacement

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 11:59 AM
hotSS1992
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1969 rear quarter panel replacement

Anyone that will help;
I am replacing a rear quarter panel on my '69. I would like to use the lord fusor 127ez for bonding the panel in place, if I do can I use the Evercoat 870 to fill in the seam between the deck and the quarter panel.

Thanks
Old 03-20-2017, 06:31 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

You can do it as you wish.

But why not use the Vette Panel Adhesive for the entire job. You can control the hardening rate by how much hardener you add the the VPA. As like I tell many forum member's who call me. I advise them to preform a test and weigh out an amount of the VPA and add an amount of the hardener to it and spread it out and see what your work time is.

And seignior how it is a quarter panel and you test fit it and get it marked where it needs to go. And you time yourself in how long ti takes you to set the quarter up on the car and get it in place....Then using the VPA should NOT be an issue.

I know that is what I use ...or even the SMC Panel Adhesive (part number 996)...because I do not like using the current types of 2 part cartridge adhesives on the older Corvettes where it was not used for exterior panel bonding....where visible seams are involved But..as I wrote...use what you want. The SMC panel adhesive WILL work on your type of fiberglass for BONDING ONLY!!! It is NOT a filler...so the VPA needs to be applied over it if you use it.

And YES...you can apply the VPA in the seam after you use the fusor 127ez. BUT...that also depends on how well you prep that area so I can not be held liable for any problems...because I am not the one doing it.

DUB
Old 03-28-2017, 09:26 AM
Plasticfreak
Melting Slicks

Received 112 Likes on 106 Posts

X2.......VPA works best!

Get notified of new replies

To 1969 rear quarter panel replacement

Quick Reply: 1969 rear quarter panel replacement