Paint/Body Corvette Materials, Techniques, and How To

looking for body/paint book for c2

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2017, 04:16 PM
jkredwing
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default looking for body/paint book for c2

Do any of you know of a good well respected book or two to guide me through body work and paint for my c2? It has had some previous body work done but needs some more. I plan on doing all the work myself and I'm a decent craftsman but but a good book by an expert would be pretty handy even though I've already picked up good advice from this forum. Thanks.
Old 05-29-2017, 05:49 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

I do not know of any and mine is still in process.

If you want to start a thread and post it here in the paint and body section.... I will be glad to offer you all the advice you can handle and you can decide what to use and what to ignore.

First off...it would be wise to fill out your Public Profile and just give general information...so people know if you live in the USA or somewhere else...so if they tell you what to go out and buy...you do not come back and say you live on an island in the south pacific and it is not available. It just saves time. You do not have to give specifics.

DUB
Old 05-30-2017, 12:29 AM
jkredwing
Advanced

DUB, you're just the kind of expert I'm hoping would write a book on this topic as I've read many of you're posts/replies. I am new to this forum, yet I dreamed of owning one since the fall of '62 when our neighbor (who drove a transport truck) drove by our house with a fresh batch of Corvettes. In '91 I finally find one I could actually buy, '66 #s all there basket case. I will fill out the profile cause I like this club and all of the top notch advice I've gathered so far. I'll bet your book will be right next to N.A. tech guide vol.2. on my shelf. Thanks for the reply. JK
Old 05-30-2017, 06:30 PM
DUB
Race Director

If you need help...do not be afraid to ask.

DUB
Old 06-01-2017, 09:11 PM
jkredwing
Advanced

Originally Posted by DUB
If you need help...do not be afraid to ask.

DUB
Thank you, I will, just don't want to be a pest with silly questions. I'll try to ask when I'm really stuck. And I'm pretty sure I'll be stuck a number of times. I'm just getting serious about getting this rolling piece of art on the road (only after 20+yrs) so I'm looking forward to posting, reading, enjoying the cumulative expertise of this forum. A ton of great advice here. Thanks, JK
Old 06-02-2017, 06:02 PM
DUB
Race Director

Originally Posted by jkredwing
Thank you, I will, just don't want to be a pest with silly questions. I'll try to ask when I'm really stuck. And I'm pretty sure I'll be stuck a number of times. I'm just getting serious about getting this rolling piece of art on the road (only after 20+yrs) so I'm looking forward to posting, reading, enjoying the cumulative expertise of this forum. A ton of great advice here. Thanks, JK
MAKE NO MISTAKE...and I am not attacking your intelligence...but there are no silly questions because often times it is the small things that are overlooked and treated as pointless that are the same things that can RUIN a paint job.

Until you begin to gasp an understanding of how things work and get repaired.....ASK all the questions you need to ask. Because if you ask how to repair an area and get a reply..and then think that that same method of repair will work on another area....DO NOT BE FOOLED....THAT is where a problem can occur due to the physics and properties of the other repair area are NOT the same as the one you just repaired.

DUB
Old 06-03-2017, 04:03 PM
jkredwing
Advanced

I'd like to do it right the first time so I'll take your advice and ask when in doubt. But I will try to search the forum first to see if a question has already been addressed. Thanks again.

Get notified of new replies

To looking for body/paint book for c2

Quick Reply: looking for body/paint book for c2