Paint/Body Corvette Materials, Techniques, and How To

Scratches - bike pedal

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 03:30 PM
cmtatlanta
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Scratches - bike pedal

My 20K mile BLACK ZO6 that has never seen the rain apparently got scratched in a swirl pattern by a bike pedal on the passenger fender. Is there a BLACK car cleaner wax I could fill the scratches up with? I live in Atlanta and wouldn't mind paying someone if its reasonable.
Old 09-25-2017, 05:42 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

If you can lightly drag your fingernail backwards across the scratches and feel them....and what you feel is substantial...there is nothing that will fix this to the level that I feel you are looking for.

Something may be used and make it look kinda good from 20+ feet away...but if you get up on the car and know where to look...you will more than likely see it.

If you wet a towel out and wipe across the scratches or run water across it and you can still see the scratches...then it broke through the black paint....and usually means it needs to be re-painted or someone with the time and patience to touch-up these scratches with a paint brush and sand/buff it back out again.

If it seems to disappear when it is wet...then it may have only disturbed the clearcoat and it might be able to be touched up with clear....but without seeing it or gettign really detailed information from you...it is hard to provide any more advice/suggestions.

DUB

Quick Reply: Scratches - bike pedal