Admiral Blue Metallic- WA705U

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 06:16 PM
awashburn96
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Admiral Blue Metallic- WA705U

Hello painters!
I am not asking for any trade secrets, but I am planning on painting my truck this coming spring in Admiral Blue Metallic, WA705U so I would like to hear from anybody who has personally painted the color (tried talking to GM directly but they quickly started asking for credit card, social security, first born.....). I will be using the ATX line through Sherwin Williams just because I always use them and their paint has always given me very good results (so this is not the thread for you to come bashing on it). Because it is a darker color and my truck project is on the more showy side, I will be treating the prep work and finishing like any other black painted vehicle so that it comes out looking like a mirror. But I would like to hear from anyone who has painted this color and their experiences with it. I am looking to possibly add a little bit more flakes than from factory and I am also looking to give it a deeper, darker appearance. Any thoughts or stories on painting this color would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
-Austin
Old 11-04-2017, 05:04 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

I have shot it and it is nothing special...in regards to about every other color I have painted that was a metallic or pearl toned color.

You will have to look at the formula and verify if there is any metallics in it at all or if it uses a lot of pearl to give it the metallic effect.

I do not shoot what you plan on shooting so I can not look up the formula.

I can look and get back with you (if needed) and see what the formula looks like in the paint system I shoot.

I can say...that when I am mixing my paint and I know how my toners cover...IF I am mixing a color that has a lot...and I mean a lot of pearl in it..I know that it will be a color that may not want to hide well.

DUB

Quick Reply: Admiral Blue Metallic- WA705U