Paint/Body Corvette Materials, Techniques, and How To

PPF Self-Healing Demonstration

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2018, 01:53 PM
0AccentFL
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default PPF Self-Healing Demonstration

Hi guys! Supporting vendor, Accent Distributing, here. We've seen some threads regarding paint protection film, and we wanted to share some related information. In 2017, 3M released it's new Pro Series film. Rather than telling you about its superior performance, we want to show you! We encourage you to visit a local dealer to see a self-healing film demonstration. The one pictured is at Excellent Auto Group in Boca Raton, Florida. If you have questions or you're interested in finding a dealer in your area, please let us know!

Old 01-02-2018, 05:43 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

Is it possible that video of it can be uploaded or a link to it so ti can be seen without having to go to place that sells this new product????

I am intrigued by it...because I already like the clear film on my paint jobs to keep chips from damaging the paint.

Unfortunatly....I am still scared of having it applied on one of my paint jobs that is still...in my mind....fresh. So having large section of my paint job covered about a week after it was painted is something that I am not 100% on board with due to my fear of possible out gassing of my paint and the film sealing it in. I do use it in very small pieces in specific areas and I have no problems ...but these area are NOT exposed to sunlight. So...I have my customers wait about 6 months...and by that time...there might already be some small chips in the paint job which just sucks.

DUB
Old 01-03-2018, 04:37 AM
0AccentFL
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by DUB
Is it possible that video of it can be uploaded or a link to it so ti can be seen without having to go to place that sells this new product????

I am intrigued by it...because I already like the clear film on my paint jobs to keep chips from damaging the paint.

Unfortunatly....I am still scared of having it applied on one of my paint jobs that is still...in my mind....fresh. So having large section of my paint job covered about a week after it was painted is something that I am not 100% on board with due to my fear of possible out gassing of my paint and the film sealing it in. I do use it in very small pieces in specific areas and I have no problems ...but these area are NOT exposed to sunlight. So...I have my customers wait about 6 months...and by that time...there might already be some small chips in the paint job which just sucks.

DUB
Good morning! I will work on uploading a video today! We recommend at least 30 days for the outgassing to occur before applying 3M Scotchgard Paint Protection Film Pro Series.No one likes rock chips, especially after getting a brand new paint job! Let me know if there are any other questions you may have about the film!
Old 01-03-2018, 08:57 AM
0AccentFL
Former Vendor

Here's a video of the self-healing demo in action.

Old 01-03-2018, 05:52 PM
DUB
Race Director

THANKS for the video.

I am assuming that heat is being used to get the film to repair itself???

DUB
Old 01-04-2018, 06:48 AM
0AccentFL
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by DUB
THANKS for the video.

I am assuming that heat is being used to get the film to repair itself???

DUB
You are correct!There is a small heating element behind the painted panel with film that warms up to show the self healing in action!If this film were on your vehicle, you could use a cup of hot water (tea hot), a heat gun, or just the good old power of Mother Nature with the sun (self healing without having to lift a finger!)This product has a 10 year warranty with an optional service agreement that covers the paint if it were to be damaged by a rock if it were to penetrate the film and damage the paint (5 year coverage from date of install). We are the only manufacturer to give the customer this type of comfort and protection!Let me know if you have any more questions!Thanks!!
Old 01-04-2018, 06:00 PM
DUB
Race Director

AWESOME.

I will need to look into this 'new' option.

I am NOT doubting you...but I just do not feel comfortable with the film going on in only 30 days. Especially if the car is left sitting in a garage and not out in the sun going through heat cycles.

It is still not making me loose interest....because due to I am the one who paints the cars...having a problem due to another product would NOT make me a
'happy camper' at all. And YES...my logic would tell me that if I was applying the large bird decal on a Trans Am hood. How long would I wait to apply it. SO I get it....but I am still a bit paranoid...even though I know there is really no difference in the 3M film and the Trans Am hood decal when it is referring to the paint area that is sealed up and covered by vinyl/plastic.

DUB

Get notified of new replies

To PPF Self-Healing Demonstration

Quick Reply: PPF Self-Healing Demonstration