Paint/Body Corvette Materials, Techniques, and How To

76 C3 Bumper Restoration Tips?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2018, 01:05 PM
dshiromoto
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 76 C3 Bumper Restoration Tips?

I recently inherited my Uncle's C3 which I asked him to keep in a garage for me when I got older. My goal is to keep it as original as possible, but the urethane bumpers are now what I believe just discolored from sitting in the garage for so many years. Or I could be wrong.. Maybe the clearcoat is just gone now? Take a look at the pictures for me.

What options do I have to get it looking closer to match the body again? Am I able to put compound, polish, and wax on it? I've never dealt with urethane.

Last edited by dshiromoto; 01-07-2018 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Added photos
Old 01-07-2018, 05:50 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

OPTIONS:
1.) Remove them and get the paint matched to the best it can to the body and paint them again.

2.) Buff or polish on them and see if it helps out and gets them to your liking.

YES..they can have a compound or polish applied to them. Just because it is urethane does not matter.

DUB
Old 01-08-2018, 12:21 AM
dshiromoto
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DUB
OPTIONS:
1.) Remove them and get the paint matched to the best it can to the body and paint them again.

2.) Buff or polish on them and see if it helps out and gets them to your liking.

YES..they can have a compound or polish applied to them. Just because it is urethane does not matter.

DUB
Thanks man! I'll try it out next weekend

Get notified of new replies

To 76 C3 Bumper Restoration Tips?

Quick Reply: 76 C3 Bumper Restoration Tips?