C3 Body Repair?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2018, 08:37 PM
Americani
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C3 Body Repair?

Hey everyone,

I posted this on another part of the site and was told this would be a better spot. For some reason I didn't see it when I was looking the first time. I just bought my dad's C3 from him both because it's awesome and also because it was a staple of my childhood. It has some body damage though. The rear driver's side wheel fell off when my dad was driving about a year ago and caused some damage to the body. I have most of the pieces of the quarter panel and was hoping to fix it. I haven't done much body work before though so I'm looking for whatever advice you guys are willing to offer. Thanks!
Attached Images    
Old 01-09-2018, 05:42 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

It is critical to know how much that was broken off.... you still have.

The worst spot I can see right off the bat is the area around the side market light where I can see it is cracked.

You are obviously missing section of the rear splash shield. Hopefully you have that section.

IF you have almost all the pieces and they can fill up the areas that are obviously gone....this CAN be repaired and NO new panels installed....OR...you can buy a quarter panel and splash shield.

DUB
Old 01-10-2018, 05:16 PM
Americani
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DUB
It is critical to know how much that was broken off.... you still have.

The worst spot I can see right off the bat is the area around the side market light where I can see it is cracked.

You are obviously missing section of the rear splash shield. Hopefully you have that section.

IF you have almost all the pieces and they can fill up the areas that are obviously gone....this CAN be repaired and NO new panels installed....OR...you can buy a quarter panel and splash shield.

DUB
Well good news then is I have almost all of the pieces.
Old 01-10-2018, 05:27 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

Then when you are getting ready to start this repair...if you do still plan on fixing it yourself. Let us know.

You did not fill out your Public Profile..so I have to assume you live in the USA. If you fill out your public profile...you do not need to get really specific. But knowing what state and city you live in helps so IF I give advice on what products to use..I am not wasting my time due to you reply that you are not able to get specific items.

DUB
The following users liked this post:
Americani (01-10-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To C3 Body Repair?

Quick Reply: C3 Body Repair?