Paint/Body Corvette Materials, Techniques, and How To

binks model 7 gun repair info needed

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2018, 08:41 PM
Lyndwood
Pro

Received 113 Likes on 64 Posts
Default binks model 7 gun repair info needed

I have the task of rebuilding a binks model 7 spray gun at work to be used as a back up spray gun for our currently used (new) model 7 gun.
we had all the parts in stock so I said I'd do it, anyway I have the gun all torn down to the handle and I want to remove the spray head as the threads are messed up and we have a new one but I cannot find a allen/hex head to fit the nipple that screws into the back side of it to remove it. I have been searching the internet looking for a binks tool or tool size for this part and have come up with nothing. I tried standard and metric allens and none seem to work. there maybe a possibility that the female hex is worn and a wrench just aint grabbing but I dont know.
so any of you paint pro's have an idea what size wrench removes the nipple or have any suggestions for getting the head off.
thanks,
Paul
Attached Images  
Old 02-17-2018, 05:26 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

I have an old Binks #7. It was actually my first paint gun and I kept it and it is in my trophy case.. I do not have any suggestions to what you need to do with it. The ONLY suggestion I can offer is that I use valve lapping compound for doing valves in a cylinder head..and put some in the Allen head...so the grit can bite and aid the Allen wrench from not damaging the hex.

I have also filed down the sides of an Allen Wrench to get it to fit SUPER TIGHT.

DUB
The following users liked this post:
Lyndwood (02-17-2018)

Quick Reply: binks model 7 gun repair info needed