Paint/Body Corvette Materials, Techniques, and How To

Someone to install weatherstripping central virginia

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2018, 08:18 AM
steve mulherin
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Someone to install weatherstripping central virginia

Looking for someone to install weatherstripping on me C-4 coupe. I have the parts.
Old 02-22-2018, 06:20 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

I do not know of anyone in your area.

I have replaced a lot of weatherstrips and this is what I do know and what works for me. What other people choose to do and their success with whatever they installed ...is all on them.

I am rather picky on the weatherstrip that is going to be installed. If it is not like the factory type...I will not install it. I have installed some of the aftermarket w/strips that are so dense that trying to get it to not leak...took more time than it was worth.

Also if the density of the w/strip is a bit denser than the factory latex w/strips...AND you have an acrylic targa roof. DO NOT be surprised that you might need to go in and re-adjust your targa roof mounts due to the increase in this w/strips density which can actually cause your targa roof to crack or have warping develop right near the front mount points and across the back where you can see a ripple/buckle develop.

I know they can be a bit of a challenge...so...if you have no one to do it for you. Why not take the time to do one and go from there and see if it is something you can do yourself.

DUB

Quick Reply: Someone to install weatherstripping central virginia