Paint/Body Corvette Materials, Techniques, and How To

What should the top of the door gap look like on coupe? [C3]

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2018, 01:58 AM
NONN37
Melting Slicks

Received 239 Likes on 198 Posts

Default What should the top of the door gap look like on coupe? [C3]

Whats the most common way to finish this corner?
Im working on my jambs, and it looks liike there is just a buildup of seam filler there.

Ive noticed some people square it up. the door gap line follows and meets the bottom edge of the body.
Ive noticed some cars have a little raidus there, since there is a wide gap from the door there.

i think i like how the radius looks.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...t-img_0690.jpg
Old 08-01-2018, 08:40 AM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

I ALWAYS get that radius in the door to match up with the radius in the rear upper body panel and then work out what ever I need to get the rest of the door correct.

NOW...due to these cars usually have some issue with them due to their age. I may fill on the rear upper body panel and recreate that radius due to the rest of the door in relation to the quarter panel is all good.

So I basically find what I need to do that requires the least amount of work...if at all possible.

But nonetheless...I get that radius where you have the red arrow pointing in your first photo correct.

And if I have to pull the door IN to get the radius correct at the rear upper body panel. I also verify that the door glass is still good and I am not putting it in a severe bind with the w/strip.

Hopefully that makes sense.

DUB

Quick Reply: What should the top of the door gap look like on coupe? [C3]