Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2018, 05:26 PM
Panama 58
Melting Slicks

Received 611 Likes on 333 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Default Ken Hanson / Orindales Referral

My son owns a '72 that he would like to have painted. He lives in the Nashville area and has been looking for a good corvette painter. Can anyone speak first hand to Ken Hanson at Orindales in Medina, TN? His car still has it's original Steel Cities Gray paint and I can't convince him to leave it alone.....so I told him that I would at least help him find the best in his area. Thanks for any assistance and or additional recommendations. Thanks.
Old 10-19-2018, 09:45 AM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

I do not know this person you are inquiring about.... but I do hope you can find this person or a person in his area that can do the job correctly.

DUB
Old 10-19-2018, 01:57 PM
Panama 58
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by DUB
I do not know this person you are inquiring about.... but I do hope you can find this person or a person in his area that can do the job correctly.

DUB
I appreciate your comments Dub. I actually tried to convince him to come here to Charlotte and speak with you and then possibly bring the car to you, but he wants to be able to stay closer to the progress which I completely understand.
Old 10-20-2018, 09:04 AM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

I appreciate you thinking of me in regards to his car. I truly do. But I was not 'fishing' for more work if it came across that way

I truly hope he can find someone to do it as he wants it done because finding someone to do it correctly is not impossible but there are not guys on every street corner who know how to do these cars correctly either.

And as you probably know...if taken to someone who does not know what they are doing..it would have been better left alone and not touched at all. And that is where 'doing it correctly' comes into play. And YES...I know that 'doing it correctly' is a subjective term and a car can be done in many different ways and still be correct. But it depends on the level of attention to detail and using the appropriate materials to provide the best end result for longevity.. That is where opinions often differ.

Best of luck in your search for that guy.

DUB
Old 10-20-2018, 04:11 PM
Panama 58
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by DUB
I appreciate you thinking of me in regards to his car. I truly do. But I was not 'fishing' for more work if it came across that way

I truly hope he can find someone to do it as he wants it done because finding someone to do it correctly is not impossible but there are not guys on every street corner who know how to do these cars correctly either.

And as you probably know...if taken to someone who does not know what they are doing..it would have been better left alone and not touched at all. And that is where 'doing it correctly' comes into play. And YES...I know that 'doing it correctly' is a subjective term and a car can be done in many different ways and still be correct. But it depends on the level of attention to detail and using the appropriate materials to provide the best end result for longevity.. That is where opinions often differ.

Best of luck in your search for that guy.

DUB
Dub, I never thought that you were fishing for work. I do know that you are well respected on the forum and that says a lot. At it turns out, Ken Hanson has done some work for some of the guys on this forum as well and so far he is getting an A++ for work and honesty. If my son decides to go that way, it sounds like he will be in good hands. Thanks for your comments and professionalism. It's much appreciated.

Get notified of new replies

To Ken Hanson / Orindales Referral

Quick Reply: Ken Hanson / Orindales Referral