Notices
Paint/Body Corvette Materials, Techniques, and How To

Which paint gun for interior pieces?

Old 02-10-2019, 06:25 PM
Pmccooey
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Which paint gun for interior pieces?

Iím looking to get a paint gun or airbrush to paint interior trim pieces on my C3. Iíve used spray cans before but would like something better. Could also use it for exterior touch ups, and other pieces as needed. Iíve looked around and there is so many choices and Iíve never done any painting before. I have a large two stage compressor with filter/dryer. Any recommendations? Something quality that will last but donít need professional obviously. I saw the DeVilbiss 802789, would that work for my needs or could I just use a smaller airbrush to do trim pieces?
Old 02-11-2019, 09:42 AM
DUB
CF Senior Member

Thanked 2,423 Times in 2,108 Posts

I know I would not use to paint trim pieces with an air brush even though I have several and know how to use them. The spray pattern is so small that it would work...but could be rather hard for some who have never used one to get decent results on parts with a large wide surface area. It can tend to streak if the overlaps of the paint being applied are not correct.

The kit you mentioned would work.

The small touch up gun in the kit you mentioned would work rather well and so would the other guns in the kit.... BUT...on the larger guns.... making sure the paint volume control **** was set correctly to atomize the paint as you ant it would need to be done. The same holds true on your touch up gun.....setting the paint volume **** is up to you so you can either make a lot of paint come out when you pull the trigger or a little bit of paint come out of the gun when you pull the trigger IN CONJUNCTION with the air pressure you have the gun set at also. It is a 'balancing act; in order to get the paint to do what you want.

So...in essence...the paint gun in your kit with the 1.3 needle and nozzle in it can be set to achieve the same results as the touch up gun with the 1.0 needle in it. Simply by adjusting the paint volume control **** appropriately.

DUB

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Which paint gun for interior pieces?

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: