Paint/Body Corvette Materials, Techniques, and How To

Spray on waxes ??

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2019, 02:13 AM
southofHoustonVette
Pro

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Spray on waxes ??

Are there any good waxes you just spray on the whole car that will do a decent job of shining and keeping the dirt off or do you just need to wipe on wipe off
Old 04-10-2019, 09:10 AM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

I prefer to use a polish and not wax due to the paint jobs I do are fresh and I do not want to seal up the paint when curing/drying...and then ...even a few years later ....I still do not use wax...I use polish and it needs to be applied by hand and not sprayed on.

Some people will apply a polish to add resins and oils to the paint to keep it alive....so-to-speak... and then apply a wax by hand on top of it to seal in the polish.

DUB

****EDIT****

Reading another thread by you I assume this car is the C6. Even on factory paint that has been force cured from the factory...I am still in favor of adding a polish to add the stuff needed to the clear coat and not just apply a wax on it that makes water slide off and dirt easy to get off of it. The clear still needs to be nourished...in my opinion.

Last edited by DUB; 04-10-2019 at 09:21 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Plan C (04-14-2019)
Old 04-10-2019, 09:50 AM
porchdog
Drifting

Received 87 Likes on 78 Posts

i use only mothers carnuba wax . it does not seal and lets the paint continue it's cure .
Old 04-10-2019, 05:22 PM
southofHoustonVette
Pro

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Yes the c6. And thank you. Not very familiar with the seal cure thing
Originally Posted by DUB
I prefer to use a polish and not wax due to the paint jobs I do are fresh and I do not want to seal up the paint when curing/drying...and then ...even a few years later ....I still do not use wax...I use polish and it needs to be applied by hand and not sprayed on.

Some people will apply a polish to add resins and oils to the paint to keep it alive....so-to-speak... and then apply a wax by hand on top of it to seal in the polish.

DUB

****EDIT****

Reading another thread by you I assume this car is the C6. Even on factory paint that has been force cured from the factory...I am still in favor of adding a polish to add the stuff needed to the clear coat and not just apply a wax on it that makes water slide off and dirt easy to get off of it. The clear still needs to be nourished...in my opinion.

Get notified of new replies

To Spray on waxes ??

Quick Reply: Spray on waxes ??