Performance Results Dyno sheets, Timeslips, Track Records, Who has the Fastest C5 Corvette?

Warning don't cheat on your tuner

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 07:52 PM
a/c man
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Default Warning don't cheat on your tuner

Some of you know i have a 10s car! well i have been using east Texas muscle cars now for 2 years and hes been fair and honest! so he got my car tuned into the low 10s and great to drive on the street daily as well. it was running awesome!
now the fuel system got weak from my boost a pump or trash? so i needed a new fuel system called Steven over @ east Texas muscle cars and he said no problem bring her in ill fix it!may take a while but i will squeeze it in! well i decided i wanted to look around and get a cheaper deal and faster service so i called xtreeme hp in Dallas and they said easy 1 week tops and he said he would check the tune also so i agreed to pay him 1650.00 i paid 1500.00 down! after 3 months i Finlay got the car back and he tried to charge me 3600.00!!! for new computer! battery installing a crank sensor checking all the grounds he said i had a lot of problems.so i told him this is BS and he cut the bill down to 3000.00 total the car ran like ****!it had all kinds of codes air bag abs traction you name it!power reduction mode crazy! so i called him and he said i needed to spend more $$$ to fix it. i took my car to Steven @ east Texas he checked it out and said it had a gmc Yukon computer in it !!!WTF!! so i called xtreeme in Dallas they said my computer was bad!! and he was sorry about the Yukon puter that he meant to change the Vin to corvette.he sent me my old computer back and i installed it the car ran better and most of the codes were gone he said it had the same run file as the gmc computer did so its OK to run. well it was slow so i went back to my tuner i trust Steven @ east Texas muscle cars he dynod it first to see how good or bad xtreem did and to no surprises it only made 454hp wow!WTF!!!so after a long time on the dyno many pulls Steven got it to make 600+ with no problems and it drives awesome again so like i have learned never cheat on you tuner if hes too busy its not greener on the other side i was running 10s why would i cheat!! well it cost me a lot of$$$ to cheat not worth it!sorry east Texas muscle cars thank for taking me back!!
Old 03-13-2010, 08:09 PM
Fartpipe
Le Mans Master

Received 115 Likes on 70 Posts

Wow good story! I think you should post up the other shops entire info to assure no one gets treated that badly ever and nor should a shop thrive on treating customers in that fashion!
Old 03-13-2010, 08:15 PM
a/c man
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Fartpipe
Wow good story! I think you should post up the other shops entire info to assure no one gets treated that badly ever and nor should a shop thrive on treating customers in that fashion!
Xtreme HorsePower
North Richland Hills

Last edited by Allthrottleandsomebottle; 03-15-2010 at 01:22 PM. Reason: No direct info to non supporting vendors......
Old 03-13-2010, 09:43 PM
simpleman68
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, sorry to hear that, but I've been there and made the same mistake in trusting the wrong folks.
Everybody makes mistakes and I'm ok with that. But intentional neglect, short-cuts and lies is not a mistake.
Glad she's running better for you now.
Scott
Old 03-13-2010, 11:33 PM
Fartpipe
Le Mans Master

Received 115 Likes on 70 Posts

Yeah simpleman it could be crazier like putting a used motor in car and saying its all new or something. Man I tell ya the scumbags out there!
Old 03-14-2010, 12:07 PM
simpleman68
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Fartpipe
Yeah simpleman it could be crazier like putting a used motor in car and saying its all new or something. Man I tell ya the scumbags out there!
Awww man, but at the spectacular price of $16k plus my old 3x H/C motor, I couldn't resist.
Scott
Old 03-14-2010, 12:25 PM
Blu
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by simpleman68
Awww man, but at the spectacular price of $16k plus my old 3x H/C motor, I couldn't resist.
Scott
I need details!
Old 03-14-2010, 12:45 PM
simpleman68
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Blu
I need details!
Old news, and I've never come on here to trash this particular vendor.
I did what I could to resolve it, which yielded no positive results.
Nothing more I can do except move on and be more careful in the future and choose some folks that will treat me right.
Anger Mgmt and ECS have been tremendous to deal with. When little bugs come up, like they do in the high horsepower game, they fix the problem and we both walk away happy.
Scott
Old 03-14-2010, 09:54 PM
PRE-Z06
Race Director

Received 2,054 Likes on 1,306 Posts

Originally Posted by a/c man
Xtreme HorsePower
North Richland Hills, TX
Haven't dealt with them personally, but haven't heard good things about them...sorry to hear about your problems, but glad you got your car fixed now!

Last edited by Allthrottleandsomebottle; 03-15-2010 at 01:22 PM. Reason: No direct info to non supporting vendors......
Old 03-15-2010, 12:17 AM
a/c man
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by PRE-Z06
Haven't dealt with them personally, but haven't heard good things about them...sorry to hear about your problems, but glad you got your car fixed now!
thanks man! i guess it could have been worse
Old 03-15-2010, 08:04 AM
Blu
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nothing more I can do except move on and be more careful in the future and choose some folks that will treat me right.
Anger Mgmt and ECS have been tremendous to deal with. When little bugs come up, like they do in the high horsepower game, they fix the problem and we both walk away happy.
Scott
Got your PM and

Glad you found a new camp that cares about its customers as much as they do the fat checks rolling in.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:55 AM
0East Tx Muscle Cars
Former Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

thanks for the kind words Scott, glad she is running Perfect again, and just glad we could save you the money you were going to pay to fix it.
now to turn up the wick some more and get some 9's out of that DD car!
Old 03-15-2010, 01:15 PM
98vettedave
Drifting

Scott
I was thinking about you a couple weeks ago. I saw a post of yours and that reminded me of the problems you had at MIR last fall. You did post a couple of comments about the the motor back then,but never really explained the overall issues. What I derive from the above post is that you were apparently screwed over by this unnamed vendor.

OP,sorry to hear about the bad experience you had with another sh-- bag vendor. I think you speak for the majority of us. Being screwed over in the Hod Rod (modding) world is all too common...it's like buyer be ware...I fall on that list of dumb ***'s also.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:27 PM
a/c man
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by East Tx Muscle Cars
thanks for the kind words Scott, glad she is running Perfect again, and just glad we could save you the money you were going to pay to fix it.
now to turn up the wick some more and get some 9's out of that DD car!
thank again east Texas muscle cars for fixing my car after those scumbags ripped me off!! and you only charged me 150.00 for a 4 hrs of tuning on a sat. your awesome!!ill never jump the fence again
Old 03-15-2010, 01:50 PM
simpleman68
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by 98vettedave
I was thinking about you a couple weeks ago. I saw a post of yours and that reminded me of the problems you had at MIR last fall. You did post a couple of comments about the the motor back then,but never really explained the overall issues. What I derive from the above post is that you were apparently screwed over by this unnamed vendor.
The new motor made a lot of power under the curve and the torque was flat, strong and came in early.
The issue was oil shooting out of the catch can.
Tommy at AMR took care of the problem and went through several work arounds to stop the oil.
First concern was to do a leak down test, which came back excellent, so we knew we didn't have any internal failure.

One of the big issues was the baffles in the valve covers. They wouldn't clear the Yella Terras, so Tommy fabricated some that would work.

The catch can, from the old vendor was mounted improperly and the top was mashed down just enough to break the seal around the top.
Tommy put in a new catch can, properly mounted it and all is absolutely A1 with the whole deal.

I should also add that Tommy not only jumped all over the issue and got it corrected, but wouldn't charge me anything when all was said and done.
In my past experiences, the old vendor blamed me for whatever happened and charged the sheit out of me to fix it.

I remember the timing chain (LS2) that after 5k miles, stretched and sawed the oil pick up tube. I was told; "must've been a faulty batch"
Come to find out, it wasn't installed/shimmed properly. That little gem cost me almost $2k to fix.
Then there was the broken bell housing and 2 of the bolts weren't even all the way seated.
The list went on.
Scott
Old 03-15-2010, 02:49 PM
98vettedave
Drifting

Scott,it sure sounds like Tommy at AMR took good care of you. The racing community needs more good people like Tommy and less of the rip off types that are now in the modding business!

So when do you think that you'll be going out for some shake down passes? Whats your goal 10.50 or lower?
Old 03-15-2010, 02:52 PM
simpleman68
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by 98vettedave
Scott,it sure sounds like Tommy at AMR took good care of you. The racing community needs more good people like Tommy and less of the rip off types that are now in the modding business!

So when do you think that you'll be going out for some shake down passes? Whats your goal 10.50 or lower?
This year I'm going to do a couple rentals and make street tire passes with a goal of hitting 10.8-10.9 and just have some fun.

I'll be spending more time getting back into HPDEs. A total change of pace, but I think they're more fun and not quite so hard on the car.
Scott

Get notified of new replies

To Warning don't cheat on your tuner

Old 03-15-2010, 03:04 PM
a/c man
Le Mans Master

This year I'm going to do a couple rentals and make street tire passes with a goal of hitting 10.8-10.9 and just have some fun.

I'll be spending more time getting back into HPDEs. A total change of pace, but I think they're more fun and not quite so hard on the car.
Scott
sounds like fun!!are cars are fast enough already just need to enjoy what we have and save $$
Old 03-15-2010, 06:24 PM
tail_lights
Race Director

Received 252 Likes on 210 Posts

Dang bro sorry to hear. Glad you got it all fixed up, good job ETMC!!!!!
Old 03-15-2010, 11:51 PM
madmatt9471
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Palmdale, Ca----- 2009 Cyber Gray 4LT A6 F55 452 RWHP 422 RWTQ- RIP 1998 C5 734 RWHP & 585 RWTQ-----
Received 341 Likes on 281 Posts

Not cool at all - It's best to stay with one tuner and shop if possible - FRANKENSTEIN when to many other hands touch it

It sounds like sabotage' - they probably used your PCM in one of their rides anything more missing from the Vette!

Thanks,Matt

Quick Reply: Warning don't cheat on your tuner