Performance Results Dyno sheets, Timeslips, Track Records, Who has the Fastest C5 Corvette?

TT bushings toasted??

Old 06-13-2011, 11:11 PM
slowtealz28
Safety Car

Received 407 Likes on 305 Posts

Default TT bushings toasted??

For a while now my car has had a slight vibration that you could feel while revving the car in the 2500-3500 rpm range. Recently it's gotten worse where you can feel it while driving around 3500rpm and above. It's rattling the car(I think) and I can feel it through the shifter. Does it sound like it's the TT bushings, or could it be something else?

Car is a 99 coupe 6 speed. Bolt-ons, spec twin clutch, B&M ripper shifter, RPM Stage IV trans, RPM stage II rear with 3.90's.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:46 AM
LightFighter_GXP
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How many Miles on the car........... you check the harmonic balancer? they go bad you can look at it and see it wobbling
Old 06-14-2011, 10:06 AM
Rick@RKT Performance
Supporting Vendor

Received 147 Likes on 111 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12, '14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by slowtealz28
For a while now my car has had a slight vibration that you could feel while revving the car in the 2500-3500 rpm range. Recently it's gotten worse where you can feel it while driving around 3500rpm and above. It's rattling the car(I think) and I can feel it through the shifter. Does it sound like it's the TT bushings, or could it be something else?

Car is a 99 coupe 6 speed. Bolt-ons, spec twin clutch, B&M ripper shifter, RPM Stage IV trans, RPM stage II rear with 3.90's.
You didn't specify how you rev'ed the engine. If you had the clutch pedal to the floor/shifter in gear and felt the vibration, it's not the TT bushings (with clutch disengaged/shifter in gear the driveshaft is stationary). If you rev'ed it with the clutch pedal up and shifter in neutral, then it could be the TT bushings. Please post how it was rev'ed.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:49 PM
tail_lights
Race Director

Received 252 Likes on 210 Posts

When my bushings were shot, I didn't notice any vibrations. What I did notice was the driveline being "notchy". When I put the car in any gear (while in motion) and the clutch engaged there was a very noticeable "clunk", like there was slack somewhere.
Old 06-15-2011, 04:37 PM
slowtealz28
Safety Car

Received 407 Likes on 305 Posts

Car is in the body shop right now, but I believe with the car in gear and with the clutch pressed to the floor, when I would rev it this is when most of the vibration would occur. I can also now hear a rattling around 2k rpm when just cruising and letting off the gas.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:19 AM
baezi z06
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by slowtealz28
Car is in the body shop right now, but I believe with the car in gear and with the clutch pressed to the floor, when I would rev it this is when most of the vibration would occur. I can also now hear a rattling around 2k rpm when just cruising and letting off the gas.
i know its old threat but what did you find out of this..

i'm having the exact same vibrating in the driveline and up to shifter. it's vibrates most around 4k rpms

Baezi

Get notified of new replies

To TT bushings toasted??

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TT bushings toasted??