Performance Results Dyno sheets, Timeslips, Track Records, Who has the Fastest C5 Corvette?

New Product Launch....Mamo Motorsports 235 cc

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2015, 04:45 AM
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports
Supporting Vendor

Received 905 Likes on 370 Posts

Default New Product Launch....Mamo Motorsports 235 cc

Guys,

The next product in the MMS line of cathedral heads is finished and Im just as excited about this product as I was the 220 heads I officially shared with you about a month or so ago.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...on-inside.html

The 235's are naturally aimed at larger displacement (a perfect choice for a street/strip 416 build), but this head would also be right at home in an aggressive 6.0 liter build if the focus was on max power. A 220 is still a better head on a max effort 5.7 liter having enough size and CSA to feed it, but the larger bore of the 6.0 and the additional cubes would make the 235 a workable situation in an aggressive build. Honestly the right head on a 6.0 (220 vs 235) is really the nature of the build and how aggressive a build you plan on because you could make an argument for one or the other purely based on application and the way you drive it. I would say the 220 is really a better head on that displacement 75% of the time but if your flycutting or going aftermarket pistons, pushing the compression limit on pump fuel, and getting aggressive with the camshaft, the 235 would be the right call for a stronger 4500 to redline pull on a 6.0 or larger combo.

The MMS 235 will prove to be very versatile because while close to the size most ported OEM heads finish at, they flow a solid 20 - 40 CFM better so the airspeed is good and that's what will help it to work well on the smaller displacement stuff while the 340+ CFM's of peak flow will comfortably feed a 400+ CFM stroker and on that size engine, a 235 is modestly sized and will produce incredible throttle response while still providing enough airflow to comfortably make over 550 RWHP (more in a well sorted out optimized combo).

The rundown of the specs....

Intake diameter 2.100
Exhaust diameter 1.600

Flow @ 28" of water

Lift.....Int.....Exh

.550....328....252 (Big #'s this early)

I also plan to release a Nitrous/Forced Induction version of this head with a larger exhaust valve and even more exhaust flow (the exhaust port of the standard version is stellar.....especially the lows and mids). The standard version would work well N/A and with moderate spray and boost but if your looking to get a little bit more aggressive with either, the "NFI" version would be the ticket (Email/call for more details).

Some pics of the new head....quality oozing everywhere.....you guys with an eye for airflow can appreciate how detailed and optimized this product is right out of the box! Once again my bogey was an out of the box MMS 235 to meet or exceed a "Mamofied" hand finished AFR 230 which was/is alot more expensive. That head flowed 337 CFM on my equipment and powered numerous LS2/LS3 based strokers to 650+ at the crank.....550+ at the tire.

This head out of the box is about 5 CFM better and my CNC+ version (aka "Mamofied") 235 is approaching 350 CFM which is phenomenal for a head this size but the additional cost is barely warranted unless you have a spare no expense type of build. This head is ready to rumble as soon as you pull it from the overkill box I ship them in

Pricing is $2750.....includes the upgrade 8019 AFR valve springs as well as Ti retainers.....fully assembled....every spring height individually checked....a blueprinted piece ready to make some serious power.

PM, email, or call for further details (emails preferred over PM!).....heads are available NOW and I'm shipping the first wave of them starting tomorrow! Two chamber versions btw.....62 or 72 cc and I can mill anywhere in the middle and as low as 55 cc.

Cheers,
Tony

Quick Reply: New Product Launch....Mamo Motorsports 235 cc