Performance Results Dyno sheets, Timeslips, Track Records, Who has the Fastest C5 Corvette?

optimum size wheel for track days

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2022, 10:25 PM
scrtwpn#1
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default optimum size wheel for track days

I've seen some aftermarket forged wheels listed that were 18" front and rear. What's up with that? Is that the ideal size for all out performance? Then why does my C7 GS have 19 AND 20's from GM? I was shopping for some forged wheels the same size the car brought from the factory, but now I'm not so sure. Ant thoughts?
Old 03-04-2022, 09:20 AM
Rob Petyo
Le Mans Master

Received 75 Likes on 59 Posts

Are you asking about going down the 1/4-mile track with a C5 or just driving the C7 Grand Sport? I'm confused with your post. This is a C5 performance page, and your question is talking about the C7, please clarify.
Old 03-04-2022, 12:56 PM
scrtwpn#1
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry about that, didn't realize it was a C5 page. My inquiry is specifically for road coarse work. For 1/4 mile there has never been any doubt as to the benefits of a smaller wheel. Rubber band size sidewalls don't exactly hook up like a 15" Mickey Thompson drag radials. It's just that I've recently seen adds for road coarse wheels and tires in 18's rather than the 19 and 20's as sold by GM.

Get notified of new replies

To optimum size wheel for track days

Quick Reply: optimum size wheel for track days