Performance Results Dyno sheets, Timeslips, Track Records, Who has the Fastest C5 Corvette?

2004 C5 228R Cam Longtube Headers Dyno

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2019, 09:52 PM
MadMaxWell
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 C5 228R Cam Longtube Headers Dyno

New Vette owner here! Picked up an 04 base 6speed with 89k on it in November. Well, the week before Christmas it started making a bad rattle noise, turned out the crankshaft balancer bolt had come loose. I decided to replace the balancer with a new ARP bolt, and pin the crank. While it was apart I did some performance upgrades:

TSP 228R cam, 112LSA
TSP longtube headers with high flow catted x-pipe
Double valve springs w/ Ti retainers
GM high performance oil pump
LS2 timing chain
NGK TR6 plugs
MSD plug wires

Also fixed quite a few leaks and performed some other maintenance before having it tuned by Skaats Precision Motorsports in Hebron KY. I am VERY pleased with how it turned out, driveability around town is near stock, and the overall performance upgrade feels significant to me. My previous vehicle was a 2004 Civic Si that I motor swapped and tuned, I loved that car but boy does this Vette feel different! Im done with performance upgrades for a while, I drive the Vette 500 miles a week and think I've already found a good balance of performance and comfort. Figured some people would want to see results on a setup as basic as this, it put down 382hp and 358tq on a mustang dyno.

Old 01-07-2019, 10:47 AM
tombrammer
Pro

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Pretty nice, thanks for sharing, always nice to know what different combos do.

Quick Reply: 2004 C5 228R Cam Longtube Headers Dyno