Performance Results Dyno sheets, Timeslips, Track Records, Who has the Fastest C5 Corvette?

What mods for straight line street performance? Tires/susp advice wanted!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2017, 09:07 AM
racejunky02
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What mods for straight line street performance? Tires/susp advice wanted!!

What is everyone doing for tires, shocks, gears or basically anything that has to do with traction from a dig?

Currently I am running Hoosier drag radials (315 40 17) and stock everything else suspension wise. I am making approximately 550rwhp and want to get better traction from a dig.

Thanks
Old 07-17-2017, 04:46 PM
slowtealz28
Safety Car

Received 407 Likes on 305 Posts

Originally Posted by racejunky02
What is everyone doing for tires, shocks, gears or basically anything that has to do with traction from a dig?

Currently I am running Hoosier drag radials (315 40 17) and stock everything else suspension wise. I am making approximately 550rwhp and want to get better traction from a dig.

Thanks
I wouldn't mess with the gears if your car is forced induction, smaller wheel setup might help a little. When I was having trouble launching my car i realized my cars setup was fine, it was what I was doing. Nothing beats seat time and practice, along with broken parts along the way trying to figure it all out
The following users liked this post:
C5 Pete (07-18-2017)
Old 07-31-2017, 05:47 PM
scott5
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

What's your budget look like? Right off top of my head is some Viking shocks/coil overs, 15in conversion setup, PFadt drag bar, Pfadt trans brace, ECS brace

you auto or manual? If manual I'd switch to a bias ply.

But if your new to the car and of power like slowtealz28 said practice, practice and practice before you spending any money

Get notified of new replies

To What mods for straight line street performance? Tires/susp advice wanted!!

Quick Reply: What mods for straight line street performance? Tires/susp advice wanted!!