Performance Results Dyno sheets, Timeslips, Track Records, Who has the Fastest C5 Corvette?

C5Z dyno results, btr stage 4.

Old 04-11-2018, 06:12 PM
FASTFATBOY
Melting Slicks

Received 143 Likes on 121 Posts

FAST intake?^^^^
Old 04-11-2018, 08:28 PM
robz
Le Mans Master

Received 154 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by FASTFATBOY
Mine was done at 6500 and was nosing over at 6500, I expressed to the cam grinder this is what I wanted.

Plans were to continue to road course the car and I like the flat torque the LS6 cam provided everywhere. I told the cam guy I wanted the new cam to make the exact same curve as the LS6 only higher, I didn't want to give up power down low to get it on the top.

He delivered for sure, car is a ball to drive and has nice torque everywhere. For a stock head port and stock intake car it does pretty well IMO.

At the drag strip I do shift it at 7000, road course I will stick shifting at 6000.

Sounds like a blast to drive. Enjoy it.

If you get bored do a quick PUC calculation using your graph above.
Extrapolate the curve out to ~7500 rpms based on data.
Assume about 2200 rpms for shift recovery as a crude measurement.

I bet the highest rpm you are willing to shift your car will yield the most hp.
Old 04-11-2018, 08:35 PM
FASTFATBOY
Melting Slicks

Received 143 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by robz
Sounds like a blast to drive. Enjoy it.

If you get bored do a quick PUC calculation using your graph above.
Extrapolate the curve out to ~7500 rpms based on data.
Assume about 2200 rpms for shift recovery as a crude measurement.

I bet the highest rpm you are willing to shift your car will yield the most hp.
You mean it will yield the best ET?

It's nosing over pretty hard at 6500...it's not flat like some cars. I think this is the LS6 intake petering out but it may just be the cam as it's a 111+1
Old 04-12-2018, 04:41 AM
NSFW
Burning Brakes

Received 166 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by robz
Here's a link to a a cam only ls6 setup where in a perfect world the car needed to be shifted @ 8000rpms. Due to risk of failure I was not willing to do so. It still ran great because everything else was in line and I selectively pushed the envelope on a few occasions where I felt I could get away with it. The car saw 7650+ rpms through the traps in competition.
See post #90
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ossible-5.html
What changes did you make to keep the engine reliable at 7500+ RPM ?
Old 04-12-2018, 08:05 AM
GARY2004Z06
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 335 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by NSFW
Hoped and prayed.
Old 04-12-2018, 11:44 AM
Scotty2000SS
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

FAST intake?^^^^
Home ported Fast 102
Old 04-13-2018, 11:26 AM
robz
Le Mans Master

You mean it will yield the best ET?

It's nosing over pretty hard at 6500...it's not flat like some cars. I think this is the LS6 intake petering out but it may just be the cam as it's a 111+1
Provided traction, yes.

Without doing the math and some estimating, I'd shift the setup around 7K occasionally for best results when conditions are right and you feel dialed in.

No sense in doing that all the time because there is some risk involved and we're not talking that much gain unless you are an n/a freak 1/4 miler.
Old 04-13-2018, 11:28 AM
robz
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by NSFW
On a SBE setup focus on the valvetrain.
Light and stout in the right places.
...and a lot of what Gary said.
Old 11-08-2018, 08:33 PM
ssmoke-u
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Efx
I am looking for some help from Corvette community to see if there is a problem with my car or my tune.

Here is a dyno graph from when i bought the car 2 years ago:
Comp Cams EPS 226/234 .598/.601 113+2
7.425 pushrods/dual springs
Kooks 1 3/4 headers/catted xpipe/stock ti
Halltech cai
stock injectors
25% UD balancer
TR55 plugs
Ported TB (LS6)
Unknown stage 3 clutch
stock Tstat
Stock ls6 intake/heads

I decided to have a retune done on the car to make sure everything was running fine.

Same mods as above but with 36lb FAST injectors
You can notice that i lost a bit of torque after retune..This tune was done by different tuner/dyno shop/

And recently i swapped to BTR stage 4 cam 235/242 .621"/.592" 111+3
7.4 pushrods and dual springs
160 tstat
straub trunion kit
TR5 plugs (pregapped @ .40)

So after doing the cam swap, i didn't really gain anything...Thus tune was done by same tuner/same dyno as above.

Are these typical results for this cam/mods?
Lets talk about this cam... I run the same cam in a minor bolt on LS3 C5Z. I make a lot more power, but it is an LS3. That being said, this cam is great, but it is a high rpm cam. It loves turning up high. I have had multiple runs with stage 3 cam cars, even a couple just bolt on cars and this cam doesn't really start doing work until up high in 3rd. That's when I seem to really start to see the difference. I ran a 590whp Whipple Coyote Mustang from 2nd gear and off the hit he smashed me, but I stopped his pull once I hit top of third and then started reeling him in until I went by him halfway through 5th. Mind you, I'm in a sub 500whp Vette, so theres a big gap in power, but this cam did me proud. He said he "heard my nitrous hit" haha. My buddy in a C6 with similar mods, but stage 3 BTR cam did not fair so well. He fell behind a bit off the hit, but could not make it back up on the top end. I love this cam, it really is a good option for high end pulls. I wouldn't recommend it for someone looking for a fun "around town" street car. I will say that you should add some intake and TB and get more air into that thing.

Old 11-09-2018, 07:57 AM
Efx
Pro

Received 249 Likes on 124 Posts
2021 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Originally Posted by ssmoke-u
Lets talk about this cam... I run the same cam in a minor bolt on LS3 C5Z. I make a lot more power, but it is an LS3. That being said, this cam is great, but it is a high rpm cam. It loves turning up high. I have had multiple runs with stage 3 cam cars, even a couple just bolt on cars and this cam doesn't really start doing work until up high in 3rd. That's when I seem to really start to see the difference. I ran a 590whp Whipple Coyote Mustang from 2nd gear and off the hit he smashed me, but I stopped his pull once I hit top of third and then started reeling him in until I went by him halfway through 5th. Mind you, I'm in a sub 500whp Vette, so theres a big gap in power, but this cam did me proud. He said he "heard my nitrous hit" haha. My buddy in a C6 with similar mods, but stage 3 BTR cam did not fair so well. He fell behind a bit off the hit, but could not make it back up on the top end. I love this cam, it really is a good option for high end pulls. I wouldn't recommend it for someone looking for a fun "around town" street car. I will say that you should add some intake and TB and get more air into that thing.
My update here

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C5Z dyno results, btr stage 4.