Performance Results Dyno sheets, Timeslips, Track Records, Who has the Fastest C5 Corvette?

Once in a lifetime super sale

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2017, 09:53 AM
Lexybird
Pro

Received 76 Likes on 58 Posts
Default Once in a lifetime super sale

are the sales sub forums not enough for you vultures ? You guys muddy up every section with your amazing stupendous once in a lifetime sale that you have every 7 days . Why is it so tough to allow us members to see the forum and not be Bombarded by sales ads every other thread . Getting ridiculous on here when 30% of the threads are sales ads on the same high priced crap you sell every single week even in the performance and tuning sections . The staff really needs to set some boundaries on vendors before they start losing valuable members

Last edited by Lexybird; 11-25-2017 at 09:54 AM.
Old 11-25-2017, 07:21 PM
Efx
Pro

Received 249 Likes on 124 Posts
2021 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Members should just bump other members' threads so sales ads go down a page...
Old 11-27-2017, 04:34 PM
Lexybird
Pro

Bump for the sale of a lifetime . Comes with free high performance muffler bearings
Old 11-28-2017, 12:50 PM
oh1vette
Safety Car

Received 153 Likes on 117 Posts

You probably know, but the vendors support keeps the forum free for most of us...

INB4TL
Old 11-28-2017, 02:56 PM
bigmackloud
Pro

Received 90 Likes on 66 Posts

And the forum members keep the sponsors in business. It's a mutually beneficial arrangement.

I agree though, it's annoying that the sponsor ad threads aren't limited to the forsale forum. It's also annoying that they keep bumping the same thread every week for 5 years. The content in the original post is no longer relevant (particularly if it includes prices), so you have to go to the last page and work your way backwards through the thread.
Old 11-28-2017, 04:44 PM
Lexybird
Pro

Originally Posted by bigmackloud
And the forum members keep the sponsors in business. It's a mutually beneficial arrangement.

I agree though, it's annoying that the sponsor ad threads aren't limited to the forsale forum. It's also annoying that they keep bumping the same thread every week for 5 years. The content in the original post is no longer relevant (particularly if it includes prices), so you have to go to the last page and work your way backwards through the thread.
Oh im sure the vendors are a benefit to the site I’m sure they make it possible with their sponsor money . The problem is they won’t stick to the sales sub forums . Every single section has a Black Friday cyber Monday super extravaganza sale . It’s usually the same prices on their sales too btw .very annoying begging for sales in every section pretty sad way to run a website at the expense of the members .
Old 12-04-2017, 05:38 PM
Spaceme1117
Safety Car

Received 1,314 Likes on 886 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexybird
are the sales sub forums not enough for you vultures ? You guys muddy up every section with your amazing stupendous once in a lifetime sale that you have every 7 days . Why is it so tough to allow us members to see the forum and not be Bombarded by sales ads every other thread . Getting ridiculous on here when 30% of the threads are sales ads on the same high priced crap you sell every single week even in the performance and tuning sections . The staff really needs to set some boundaries on vendors before they start losing valuable members
Agree. I don't mind vendor ads. I just wish they would keep them to the For Sale part of the forum.

I actively avoid buying anything from the vendors that spam the forum unless there is no other place to buy.
Old 12-05-2017, 04:00 AM
Lexybird
Pro

Originally Posted by Spaceme1117
Agree. I don't mind vendor ads. I just wish they would keep them to the For Sale part of the forum.

I actively avoid buying anything from the vendors that spam the forum unless there is no other place to buy.
me too , I spent two thousand dollars in the last month on my c5 and the sponsored vendors on here didn’t get a penny of it . I don’t patronize shameless begging . All it does is alert me not to do business with them .there is a reason we have sales sub forums
Old 12-06-2017, 11:10 AM
bigmackloud
Pro

Received 90 Likes on 66 Posts

I've spent about $10k in the past 6 months building my motor, tires, wheels, shocks, etc. I spent it with forum sponsors where I could. I don't mind the sale ads where appropriate. I like knowing about Black Friday deals for example. And Cultrag Performance really went out of there way to take care of me. I placed a large order the day before they announced a big sale. Without me even asking, he gave me the sale price. I'll remember that.

I think sponsors need to give some thought to their marketing. Simply bumping a 5 year old thread once a week doesn't garner much attention and it clogs up the forums. They should provide some useful content (installation / product review videos, etc). The forum audience gains something, and the sponsor gets publicity. Far more effective.

Last edited by bigmackloud; 12-06-2017 at 11:11 AM. Reason: typo
The following users liked this post:
Gene Culley (12-19-2017)
Old 12-11-2017, 08:55 PM
Quickshift_C5
Melting Slicks

Received 141 Likes on 120 Posts

I agree with the original poster. These types of threads get posted on here often, and there is truth in it. It's hard not to think of the vendors as taking advantage and being nothing but vultures. You can go to nearly any section of the forum and see that 50-60% of the posts on the page are vendor sales. One vendor in particular has a ton of ads on the first page, and I stopped counting theirs at 7...

This guy makes sense, and it's ridiculous. I also actively avoid buying from vendors that spam the regular forum sections. The only exceptions I make are to the vendors that balance it with helping the forum members out with suggestions, knowledge, and problems.

Last edited by Quickshift_C5; 12-11-2017 at 08:57 PM.
Old 12-12-2017, 07:13 PM
oh1vette
Safety Car

Received 153 Likes on 117 Posts

Wow. You guys must not buy ANYTHING advertised on TV...right....or radio....or social media of your choice...or billboards....or....

LOL....
Old 12-13-2017, 01:31 PM
Quickshift_C5
Melting Slicks

Received 141 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by oh1vette
Wow. You guys must not buy ANYTHING advertised on TV...right....or radio....or social media of your choice...or billboards....or....

LOL....
Not sure what that was suppose to prove...

It's 2017, you can get your media without ads. However, it would be fantastic if websites and social media didn't have it too.

It's a little sad that we'd have to add a ridiculous disclaimer like " we understand that there has to be some ads in here somewhere from vendors, it pays for the site". But it's the amount of them that's annoying. 50% or more per page!? One vendor had 7 ads on one page alone. More people should be complaining. The vendors pay for our content! Yeah, yeah...at what point does it become too overbearing?

Last edited by Quickshift_C5; 12-13-2017 at 01:31 PM.
Old 12-13-2017, 05:40 PM
MVR 155
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Cruise-In XI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12

I've been on this forum for over 15 years, I know this isn't necessarily the right way to raise this issue but I have to admit..... It's getting quite out of hand. There is a specific "vendor" area where a member looking to purchase something can scan for deals, group buys, holiday specials, etc...... I also wouldn't care too much if they posted in the parts section. When I go into a section that has nothing to do with parts purchasing/selling, I would rather not have to navigate through a bunch of vendor ad threads. How about the member that has a legit question or is looking for help/advice from other members to remedy an issue or work through a problem on their car??? That question gets blasted off the page in less than 1/2 of a day due to vendor spam. I realize they pay and that it lets this site run free to members...... I get it and have absolutely zero issue with it, providing it's kept in the appropriate sections.
Old 12-23-2017, 07:23 PM
Lexybird
Pro

Must be the holidays approaching .. I see half of all threads are just beggar salesmen on here selling the same crap again in the performance section. Guess they can’t read or didn’t realize there is a vendor section

Last edited by Lexybird; 12-23-2017 at 07:24 PM.
Old 01-02-2018, 08:25 PM
Fractional Pursuit
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been on a lot of forums. This is the first forum I have seen were every category has vender ad threads mixed in. If something new came out then that maybe mixed in, but never seen constant ads on every subject.
From my understanding the ads in the side columns pay the bills. Premium members get less ads, but they will still get the sale threads. Apparently these sales threads are not bothering enough folks to complain so it is allowed to continue. Problem is the ads take up a lot of space and after a while become useless after a short time. You could go to a different forum, but this seems like the only good game in town. Not my sand box, but this is not the norm.

Get notified of new replies

To Once in a lifetime super sale

Quick Reply: Once in a lifetime super sale