Performance Results Dyno sheets, Timeslips, Track Records, Who has the Fastest C5 Corvette?

Dyno results! Mamo Motorsports H/C/I build on 3k mile zo6

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2017, 11:38 PM
itsslow98
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Dyno results! Mamo Motorsports H/C/I build on 3k mile zo6

Bought the car about 3 weeks ago with 2,900 miles on it. Due to the snow and salt I have only been able to drive it 200 or so miles since. I ordered a full N/A setup from Tony Mamo to be installed in the next month. List as follows

Fast 102 ported by Tony
NW 102 TB
LPE 100mm Maf
FAST 36lb injectors
Mamo 220cc heads with lightweight valve upgrade
Heads milled to 59cc
Cometic head gaskets to aim for 11.45 comp
10mm rocker studs machines in
Yella Terra Pro rocker arms
Johnson limited travel lifters
Custom Comp Cam 229/232 114
New timing chain assembly
Ported and blueprinted oil pump
ATI dampener 10% underdrive
Manton custom pushrods

The car already has Kooks longtubes and midpipe and a vararam intake. Hoping to see 480rwhp with a really flat tq curve. Not looking for a peak number but want a car that is very responsive and fun to drive on the street. Going to see how long the factory clutch last and if the stock master will allow 7k rpm shifts for a bit. Hoping since the car only has 3k miles it will give me some time to play otherwise it will get an RPS or Monster twin disk

Last edited by itsslow98; 03-07-2018 at 11:33 PM. Reason: Dyno results
The following users liked this post:
Naturally Vain (05-08-2018)
Old 12-26-2017, 11:40 PM
itsslow98
Instructor

Old 12-27-2017, 08:12 AM
Efx
Pro

Received 249 Likes on 124 Posts
2021 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Congrats on the purchase. Yummy list of goodies. Good luck with the build. When are you planning to dyno/tune it?
Old 12-27-2017, 11:17 AM
WA 2 FST
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 556 Likes on 359 Posts

Nothing short of awesome!

Congrats on the buy... basically a brand new car (I'm the original owner of mine, so I know the feeling), and the aftermarket hi-po parts.

Gonna be a blast. Tough to say on the clutch. I had a 125hp nitrous kit sitting on my workbench before I took delivery of my car, way back in Jan. 02. I installed it at 1500 miles, after making a few passes down the track bone stock. Stock clutch was fine for several years.

Then I went twin-turbo and upgraded the clutch.

As you said, you may run into issues due to higher redline shift-points... give it a shot. You may be surprised at how well the stocker holds.
Old 12-27-2017, 12:02 PM
zeevette
Race Director

Received 288 Likes on 235 Posts

I'd be surprised if your stock clutch will hold one trip to redline, but you might get lucky. I got a RPS twin carbon, and though it's a great clutch, paired with a Tick MC made it very stiff, and the engagement point is razor thin. Try an upgraded stock '04 (IMO) instead of the Tick. You're gonna have a great car with those parts, but other stock things will start to be marginal, so be aware, and good luck!
Old 12-27-2017, 04:33 PM
itsslow98
Instructor

Originally Posted by Efx
Congrats on the purchase. Yummy list of goodies. Good luck with the build. When are you planning to dyno/tune it?
Hoping to have it all done by early february.
Old 12-27-2017, 04:35 PM
itsslow98
Instructor

Originally Posted by WA 2 FST
Nothing short of awesome!

Congrats on the buy... basically a brand new car (I'm the original owner of mine, so I know the feeling), and the aftermarket hi-po parts.

Gonna be a blast. Tough to say on the clutch. I had a 125hp nitrous kit sitting on my workbench before I took delivery of my car, way back in Jan. 02. I installed it at 1500 miles, after making a few passes down the track bone stock. Stock clutch was fine for several years.

Then I went twin-turbo and upgraded the clutch.

As you said, you may run into issues due to higher redline shift-points... give it a shot. You may be surprised at how well the stocker holds.
Yea I had an 05 ctsv with a cam/longtubes and 100 shot and the stock clutch lasted me 20k miles until I sold it. They take more abuse than people think if you don't drive it a certain way.
Originally Posted by zeevette
I'd be surprised if your stock clutch will hold one trip to redline, but you might get lucky. I got a RPS twin carbon, and though it's a great clutch, paired with a Tick MC made it very stiff, and the engagement point is razor thin. Try an upgraded stock '04 (IMO) instead of the Tick. You're gonna have a great car with those parts, but other stock things will start to be marginal, so be aware, and good luck!
Mamo recommends RPS but he also said wait until the stock one gives you trouble. The car won't see a drag strip so I think street driving and some road racing at some point it will take abuse for a little while.
Old 12-28-2017, 08:53 AM
Mikes-Z06
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 41 Likes on 23 Posts

Looks like an exciting build, I might do the same.

A couple of questions:

What length are the pushrods?

Heads milled to 59cc.... Fly cutting pistons?

Do you need to use after market valve covers with yellow terra rockers?
Old 12-28-2017, 11:15 AM
itsslow98
Instructor

Originally Posted by Mike'sZ06
Looks like an exciting build, I might do the same.

A couple of questions:

What length are the pushrods?

Heads milled to 59cc.... Fly cutting pistons?

Do you need to use after market valve covers with yellow terra rockers?
Pushrods will be measured and ordered once it's all assembled to verify the correct length.

With the setup listed Tony said flycutting would not be needed but I'll measure to be sure.

Using the stock valve covers with a thick gasket specifically for the yella terra rockers.
Old 12-28-2017, 06:39 PM
WayneCar
Pro

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

Nice upgrades. You might be surprised at how long the stock clutch lasts as long as you don't run sticky tires or launch the car. I had an 02Z with
a procharger and longtubes put on at 8k miles. Car made 515whp and
the stock clutch was doing fine at 20k miles. I left the rev limiter at
stock rpm though. The high rpm shifts may be an issue.
Enjoy the car.
Wayne
Old 12-28-2017, 10:02 PM
XLR8 C4
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Mamo Motorsports

Tony gave me the same parts 2 years ago on my 03Z and I will tell you that redline happens in a blink of an eye! You will not stop smiling. FYI add the 4:10 gear for the icing on the cake.
Old 12-29-2017, 09:35 AM
scott5
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

looks like a promising setup and Tony knows what he is doing. I am interested in the outcome very much.
Old 12-29-2017, 03:30 PM
Mikes-Z06
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 41 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by XLR8 C4
Tony gave me the same parts 2 years ago on my 03Z and I will tell you that redline happens in a blink of an eye! You will not stop smiling. FYI add the 4:10 gear for the icing on the cake.
Can you share the results? Dyno or quarter mile times?
Cam specs similar?
Old 12-30-2017, 07:22 PM
95wht6spd
Le Mans Master

Received 272 Likes on 212 Posts

Should be a nice combo for the street. Smart ordering a matching combo.
Old 12-30-2017, 11:05 PM
itsslow98
Instructor

Originally Posted by 95wht6spd
Should be a nice combo for the street. Smart ordering a matching combo.
Thanks, it definetly isnt cheap or going to add power like boost would but I figured id do it all once and be done with it. Hoping to just have a super reliable car that really runs well. My last car was a turbo 03 cobra that was so much of a nightmare that I sold it and bought a truck. It gave me nightmares for 3 yrs until i finally had the urge again....hence the naturally aspirated build this time haha
Old 12-31-2017, 12:06 PM
z06801
Melting Slicks

Received 296 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by itsslow98
Thanks, it definetly isnt cheap or going to add power like boost would but I figured id do it all once and be done with it. Hoping to just have a super reliable car that really runs well. My last car was a turbo 03 cobra that was so much of a nightmare that I sold it and bought a truck. It gave me nightmares for 3 yrs until i finally had the urge again....hence the naturally aspirated build this time haha
Man looks great! I just sold my modded Porsche 996tt and looking to get another Z06 and keep it street legal to Daily drive in good weather and track. My 01 Z06 will still be the focus on the track but it's nice to have a street able car that you can jump in with a student. I instruct for a bunch of groups and would be great to have a car with two seats. The 911 turbo was a great car but it seemed I was always chasing something, boost leak, vacuum leaks to feel like it was running right. My C5 z06 always seemed the same every time I got in it. A Mamo head and cam set up is just what I was looking at, Can't wait to see how yours turns out! What's your estimated cost on the upgrade?
Old 01-01-2018, 12:21 AM
XLR8 C4
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Mamo Motorsports

The results were very impressive. I have yet to run it on the track but on a Mustang Dyno in 70 degree weather on very conservative tuning it made 451 HP with a very flat torque curve. Note that I am running a ported LS2 TB not the Nick Williams TB so there might still be some power left on the table. Long story short I was almost going to go FI route but after reading the forums and talking to Tony I changed my mind. Yes it's an expensive way to squeeze every ounce of power from 346 cubes but the end result was worth it. I had owned a supercharged LT1 previously and yes it made more power and torque then my N/A Z but the Z with this combo just makes driving it an unbelievable experience. Yes my car isn't going to win every race but its a complete package that has power you can fully enjoy on the street. I'll post my dyno sheet.

Last edited by XLR8 C4; 01-01-2018 at 09:42 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Dyno results! Mamo Motorsports H/C/I build on 3k mile zo6

Old 01-01-2018, 12:30 AM
XLR8 C4
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Mamo Motorsports

Differences?

I'm running the 85MM MAF, 90 MM TB and cam specs are 227/231....114 lobe.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
scan..2 copy.pdf (487.6 KB, 241 views)
Old 01-01-2018, 03:26 AM
Verrückt ZR1
Melting Slicks

Received 856 Likes on 556 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

The results were very impressive. I have yet to run it on the track but on a Mustang Dyno in 70 degree weather on very conservative tuning it made 561 HP with a very flat torque curve. Note that I am running a ported LS2 TB not the Nick Williams TB so there might still be some power left on the table. Long story short I was almost going to go FI route but after reading the forums and talking to Tony I changed my mind. Yes it's an expensive way to squeeze every ounce of power from 346 cubes but the end result was worth it. I had owned a supercharged LT1 previously and yes it made more power and torque then my N/A Z but the Z with this combo just makes driving it an unbelievable experience. Yes my car isn't going to win every race but its a complete package that has power you can fully enjoy on the street. I'll post my dyno sheet.
Sounds like a bad *** machine. Nice numbers, and well thought out build. Enjoy it!
Old 01-01-2018, 08:31 AM
scott5
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

The results were very impressive. I have yet to run it on the track but on a Mustang Dyno in 70 degree weather on very conservative tuning it made 561 HP with a very flat torque curve. Note that I am running a ported LS2 TB not the Nick Williams TB so there might still be some power left on the table. Long story short I was almost going to go FI route but after reading the forums and talking to Tony I changed my mind. Yes it's an expensive way to squeeze every ounce of power from 346 cubes but the end result was worth it. I had owned a supercharged LT1 previously and yes it made more power and torque then my N/A Z but the Z with this combo just makes driving it an unbelievable experience. Yes my car isn't going to win every race but its a complete package that has power you can fully enjoy on the street. I'll post my dyno sheet.
You made 561whp on a h/c sbe LS6?

Quick Reply: Dyno results! Mamo Motorsports H/C/I build on 3k mile zo6