Performance Results Dyno sheets, Timeslips, Track Records, Who has the Fastest C5 Corvette?

How's This?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2018, 12:28 AM
ESBESQ
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 5 Posts

Default How's This?

So about 750 at the crank ain't too bad is it? Can't lock it up worth a crap though
Old 03-31-2018, 10:54 AM
pit-man
Le Mans Master

Received 242 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by ESBESQ
So about 750 at the crank ain't too bad is it? Can't lock it up worth a crap though
nice.
Any track 1/4 times yet ?
Old 03-31-2018, 02:28 PM
ESBESQ
Instructor

Originally Posted by pit-man
nice.
Any track 1/4 times yet ?
No. I'm afraid something'll break. Plus, I can't lock it up to save my life. On a cold night, if I drop it into 3rd and punch it while going 80, my traction control turns on.
Old 03-31-2018, 03:00 PM
itsslow98
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

What mods and what are the corrected numbers...
Old 03-31-2018, 03:14 PM
ESBESQ
Instructor

Originally Posted by itsslow98
What mods and what are the corrected numbers...
A&A Vortech Supercharger kit; supercharger cam recommended by Andy; custom dyno tune by Andy (repeatedly, the cat monitors still don't come on and no one knows why); upgraded fuel pump from a C6 Z06; and a custom exhaust with much larger cats adapted from a C6 Z06 to also accommodate all the extra smog-related plumbing that the C5 Z06 came with.

It also has the nightflyer kit with the light cannons and LEDs everywhere else; the T-1 sway bars (which I don't think are that great) with C6 Z06 end-links; and LG's adjustable bilstein coilovers (should've gotten the KWs that I have on my viper instead, but oh well).

You see what the wheel horsepower is and I can't recall the exact calculation, but that comes out to a little bit over 750hp at the crank. It's a beast, but drives like a Honda when necessary. The gas mileage is also pretty decent. With occasional spirited driving on the freeway, I'm getting a combined MPG of about 16.

The only hassle has been the cat monitor not running. Andy got it to run by doing that drive cycle they recommend, but once the battery got disconnected, I was screwed and still kind of am.

Get notified of new replies

To How's This?

Quick Reply: How's This?