Notices
Performance Results Dyno sheets, Timeslips, Track Records, Who has the Fastest C5 Corvette?

Pre and post exhaust video

Old 01-14-2019, 04:01 PM
C5 for life
CF Senior Member

Default Pre and post exhaust video

Video 1) Day I bought it bone stock exhaust.
Video 2) TI axle back (no bypass mod) Top Speed 3/4 headers with X pipe, 200 cell high flow cats.

My impression : The sound didnít impress me. Slightly amused would be accurate. Iím happy it sounds better and even without a tune yet performs better. Much better. I havenít really ripped into her yet because roads in SJ are shitty rite now but I can tell a significant difference in power. But I need to have realistic expectations. Top Speed is not a corvette favorite. They market them as long tube headers which is false they are 3/4.

Should have been the red flag to pursuade me another direction. At the end of the exhaust chapter, I simply couldnít afford 1k for top of the line TSP or Kooks. So Iím content. I only bought them because they gave me a discount after I purchased their full TI axle back and I had to send it back because it fit like ****.

Just sharing my experience for anyone considering Top Speed products. Iím sure once I do the cam thatíll bring about some exhaust note changes. But I learned the hard way that this is not the car to settle for sub par mods. Thatís about as honest as I can be. However, Iím building my first car which happens to be in my opinion the best Corvette ever produced next to its brother the Z06. So Iíll maintain my never wavering gratitude and be grateful for the means my additions will produce.

Last edited by C5 for life; 01-14-2019 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Add videos
Old 01-14-2019, 04:20 PM
C5 for life
CF Senior Member

Having a problem uploading videos. Any help is greatly appreciated
Old 01-16-2019, 08:49 PM
C5 for life
CF Senior Member

Please delete thread I figured out how to upload and used another thread

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pre and post exhaust video

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: