Performance Results Dyno sheets, Timeslips, Track Records, Who has the Fastest C5 Corvette?

Call out

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2005, 10:45 AM
Twinscrew
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Call out

This Call Out goes to BlackMagicC5. I just got a new intake for my car and It's suppose to add 30 rwhp and 50rwhp when i flip the chip. I want to see if it made a difference since last time we were about glued together except from the dead stop run. I want 4 runs. 2 first gear rolls and 2 second gear rolls. This time bring your video camera and i'll bring brady so we both have a passenger so it's fair. Just post back and we'll set up a time thats good for both of us. Then everyone on here can see you car run.
Brady has some drag radials we can bolt up on the back of your car so you wont spin in the 1st gear dig.
Old 03-26-2005, 12:04 PM
BlackMagicC5
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Twinscrew
This Call Out goes to BlackMagicC5. I just got a new intake for my car and It's suppose to add 30 rwhp and 50rwhp when i flip the chip. I want to see if it made a difference since last time we were about glued together except from the dead stop run. I want 4 runs. 2 first gear rolls and 2 second gear rolls. This time bring your video camera and i'll bring brady so we both have a passenger so it's fair. Just post back and we'll set up a time thats good for both of us. Then everyone on here can see you car run.
Brady has some drag radials we can bolt up on the back of your car so you wont spin in the 1st gear dig.
Umm, first of all, I'm not sure that anyone on here really cares how my car runs. Secondly, I made it very clear that I wasn't putting drag radials on my car because I am trying to keep the stock clutch alive. I normally won't run it down low because of how hard it is on my clutch, but I did anyway because you gave me my 2nd gear rolls. It was a mistake though, my clutch was really feeling soft after that. I'm not doing that crap anymore until I'm ready to buy a clutch. From a 2nd gear roll, we were pretty even up to my 4th but then I start pulling. The only way to really tell if your intake made a difference is to run from 2nd to 4th. (45-130 or so). Let me know if you want to do that.
Old 03-27-2005, 05:27 PM
mdhmi
Team Owner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Run at the track. Whomever has the higher MPH wins in my book. ET is for guys who like replacing clutches and differentials. JMO.

Mark
Old 03-27-2005, 07:03 PM
Face
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by mdhmi
Run at the track. Whomever has the higher MPH wins in my book. ET is for guys who like replacing clutches and differentials. JMO.

Mark
So whoever spins the most wins?
Old 03-27-2005, 07:08 PM
pdd000
Le Mans Master

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Mark
lots of guys with superchargers talk like that
Old 03-27-2005, 07:28 PM
Amerkin
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Run at the track. Whomever has the higher MPH wins in my book. Mark
uhhh, you are joking, right! HAHAHA, that is the funniest thing I've heard lately.
Old 03-27-2005, 07:33 PM
Ferretts
Racer

No the MPH idea is really a well thought out plan...

ET only tells you one thing... who ever has the stickier tire wins... MPH tells you who has the faster car and it doesnt depend on traction... i think a standing mile would be a better judge of performance then standing 1/4 Cheaper too
Old 03-27-2005, 08:48 PM
BlackMagicC5
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Amerkin
uhhh, you are joking, right! HAHAHA, that is the funniest thing I've heard lately.
He's exactly right. Your the one who must be joking. We already know the other dude is faster than me off the line, we want to see who is faster from a roll. If we took it to a dragstrip the only way to tell this is to go by trap speed.
Old 03-27-2005, 09:04 PM
mdhmi
Team Owner

So who do you think would win on the street. The car that runs 12.1 @ 112 MPH or the guy who does a soft launch and runs 12.5 @ 125 MPH ?

Mark
Old 03-27-2005, 11:47 PM
BlackMagicC5
Melting Slicks

So who do you think would win on the street. The car that runs 12.1 @ 112 MPH or the guy who does a soft launch and runs 12.5 @ 125 MPH ?

Mark
Exactly...
Old 03-28-2005, 01:13 AM
Amerkin
Instructor

I can tell that all of you expousing the MPH rules theory would fall into the category of what is known as "Freeway Racers" i.e. you love it from a roll only. That's fine, it has it's place, usually inhabited by Supras and other vehicles not necessarily fast in the eighth. But it is not drag racing. Before you all get your panties in a wad, just remember, if it's in a straight line, the 1/4mi. has history. Sure there is new stuff--fastest in a mile, etc., but most still begin from a standing start. Oh, and that comment about who's going to win on the street--well if it's from your holy rolling start....well, obviously you guys aren't from the category known as street racers. But, hey it's all good.
Old 03-28-2005, 01:29 AM
kumar75150
Le Mans Master

Received 32 Likes on 13 Posts

Mark
you continue to amaze me with every post
Old 03-28-2005, 01:36 AM
kumar75150
Le Mans Master

Received 32 Likes on 13 Posts

Mark
the guy that finishes ahead
Old 03-28-2005, 01:47 AM
Amerkin
Instructor

Amen to that. Now hand over the cash.
Old 03-28-2005, 08:50 AM
Twinscrew
Instructor

Originally Posted by BlackMagicC5
Umm, first of all, I'm not sure that anyone on here really cares how my car runs. Secondly, I made it very clear that I wasn't putting drag radials on my car because I am trying to keep the stock clutch alive. I normally won't run it down low because of how hard it is on my clutch, but I did anyway because you gave me my 2nd gear rolls. It was a mistake though, my clutch was really feeling soft after that. I'm not doing that crap anymore until I'm ready to buy a clutch. From a 2nd gear roll, we were pretty even up to my 4th but then I start pulling. The only way to really tell if your intake made a difference is to run from 2nd to 4th. (45-130 or so). Let me know if you want to do that.
First of all I Have a stock clutch in my car too. The only reason you pulled me in 4th gear is because at 120 i run out of gear thus you'll start pulling me. And second the only thing thats hard on a clutch is if you ride the damn thing, or launch at 4000 and dump it. I have drag radials on mine and i only thaught it be fair if you have them too. As far as trap speed goes, I'll probably trap 119 or so the way i was when we raced before. Now i think I might get 123 or so with the chip fliped to the 100 octane tune. If all you want to do is 2nd gear rolls thats fine to. I really just wanted to see if it made a difference. Thats all i wanted. I didnt want to come on here and talk ****, I know you said this is where you go on the internet so i thought i could get you here. Second of all if you put that blower on there you must want everyone to think your car runs good or your just wanting to play the numbers game.
Old 03-28-2005, 09:39 AM
Twinscrew
Instructor

Mark
I Was wanting to drag race not run nascar
Old 03-28-2005, 10:58 AM
mdhmi
Team Owner

Obviously cars that have a high MPH will also have a low ET if launched properly. After spending $3K on an Exedy clutch, DTE strut brace, LPE hardened output shaft, etc, etc last year I'm really in no hurry to do a 5500 RPM launch on my DR's.

I'd rather launch at 1500-2000 RPM's and just walk my car down the track. I go to the track just to putz around and have a good time. I'm not there to set any records or break anything.

To each his own.

Cheers,

Mark

Get notified of new replies

To Call out

Old 03-28-2005, 11:41 AM
BlackMagicC5
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Twinscrew
First of all I Have a stock clutch in my car too. The only reason you pulled me in 4th gear is because at 120 i run out of gear thus you'll start pulling me. And second the only thing thats hard on a clutch is if you ride the damn thing, or launch at 4000 and dump it. I have drag radials on mine and i only thaught it be fair if you have them too. As far as trap speed goes, I'll probably trap 119 or so the way i was when we raced before. Now i think I might get 123 or so with the chip fliped to the 100 octane tune. If all you want to do is 2nd gear rolls thats fine to. I really just wanted to see if it made a difference. Thats all i wanted. I didnt want to come on here and talk ****, I know you said this is where you go on the internet so i thought i could get you here. Second of all if you put that blower on there you must want everyone to think your car runs good or your just wanting to play the numbers game.
As long as we understand right now that I'm not launching the car I'll do it. I'll put the drag radials on and we can do it from 1st, 2nd, whatever, but I'm not launching the car from a stop. I do not feel like replacing the clutch yet, although I do know putting drag radials on either way is going to be very hard on my clutch. I have the stock clutch in and it has nearly 40k hard miles on it. It's getting there, trust me. Rolling on from 1st gear won't hurt it, but shifting to 2nd just the slightest bit too hard will. I have a couple of little things I need to get straightened out first, my car is missing at around 2k rpm, and sometimes at wot, and is stumbling at startup. I might have an injector or spark plug problem, let me look into that and I'll get back with you on a time and place. What is the best way to contact you?
Old 03-28-2005, 11:42 AM
BlackMagicC5
Melting Slicks

Btw, what kind of drag radials does Brady have?
Old 03-28-2005, 12:25 PM
Twinscrew
Instructor

Bfg

Quick Reply: Call out