Breitbart does it again. Racist NAACP nailed - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

Breitbart does it again. Racist NAACP nailed

Old 07-19-2010, 07:24 PM   #1
z06inVB
CF Senior Member

Default Breitbart does it again. Racist NAACP nailed

Oh this stuff gets better all the time

http://wcbstv.com/topstories/tea.par...2.1812710.html

Quote:
SHOCK: Video Suggests Racism At NAACP Event
Official At Freedom Fund Banquet Says Racial Considerations Would Be Factor For How Much Help Afforded
NEW YORK (CBS) ―

Last Tuesday, the NAACP passed a resolution condemning racism in the Tea Party movement. The organization's delegates called on Tea Party leaders to "repudiate those in their ranks who use racist language in their signs and speeches."

Tea Party members and supporters saw the resolution as a condemnation of the group itself, which calls for fiscal responsibility, restrictions on governmental power, and backs political candidates who claim the same.

The NAACP's action caught the attention of Andrew Breitbart of BigGovernment.com, who said the controversy was "absolutely manufactured for political gain," in a summer "in which the economy is the number one issue affecting blacks and whites in this country. This country can ill afford the schism of race to be exploited the way [he is] based upon the false premise of the Tea Party being racist."

He also claimed to possess recorded evidence of racism from the NAACP.

On Monday, Breitbart posted a video of a speech by Shirley Sherrod, USDA Rural Development Georgia State Director, delivered at the NAACP's 20th Annual Freedom Fund Banquet.

The video shows Sherrod speaking of racial considerations being a factor for how much help she would give.

"The first time I was faced with having to help a white farmer save his farm, he took a long time talking but he was trying to show me he was superior to me. I know what he was doing, but he had come to me for help. What he didn't know while he was taking all that time trying to show me he was superior to me was, I was trying to decide just how much help I was going to give him," Sherrod said.

"I was struggling with the fact that so many black people had lost their farmland, and here I was faced with having to help a white person save their land. So I didn't give him the full force of what I could do. I did enough," Sherrod said. "So that when he, I assumed the Department of Agriculture had sent him to me, either that or the Georgia Department of Agriculture, and he needed to go back and report that I did try to help him."

In the video, Sherrod also spoke of referring the white farmer to a white lawyer, thinking the latter would be more sympathetic because of race. "So I took him to a white lawyer that had attended some of training that we had provided because Chapter 12 bankruptcy had just been enacted for the family farm. So I figured if I take him to one of them, that his own kind would take care of him."

The NAACP had no immediate response Monday afternoon.

z06inVB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:29 PM   #2
Platoface
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '11

impossible...
Platoface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:30 PM   #3
VITE1
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
Cruise-In X Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

Location: Port St Lucie FL Life is hard, Then you die, FL USA

She should be disbarred for that admission. What would the NAACP do if a white lawyer said that about a black person.
VITE1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:36 PM   #4
AZ Curmudgeon
CF Senior Member

AZ Curmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:37 PM   #5
gryphon
CF Senior Member

Didn't she also tell blacks to get jobs at the USDA because they would never be fired or laid off?
gryphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:39 PM   #6
Scratch
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'09

I could imagine that in my work, if I was faced with having to help a black person

Scratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:45 PM   #7
LoneStarFRC
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Location: Don't judge anyone until you've walked a mile in their stupid, ugly shoes ~

She is a prime candidate for an immediate firing. Further, maybe the NAACP needs to disavow her comments and condemn what she did, though I will predict they will try to spin this and be the weasels they have become.

Disgusting example of black racism.
LoneStarFRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:46 PM   #8
DJ_Critterus
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '09

Location: FL.... America's Wang! No shrinkage. Winter's not coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VITE1 View Post
She should be disbarred for that admission. What would the NAACP do if a white lawyer said that about a black person.
The first thing they'd do is call Sharpton and Jackson.
DJ_Critterus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:48 PM   #9
Scratch
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'09

Looks like she also has some bank

Quote:
RDLN Graduate and Board Vice Chair Shirley Sherrod was appointed Georgia Director for Rural Development by Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack on July 25. Only days earlier, she learned that New Communities, a group she founded with her husband and other families (see below) has won a thirteen million dollar settlement in the minority farmers law suit Pigford vs Vilsack
Scratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:48 PM   #10
z06inVB
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VITE1 View Post
Hmmm...good question....lets try that

Quote:

"The first time I was faced with having to help a colored farmer save his farm, he took a long time talking but he was trying to show me he was uppity to me. I know what he was doing, but he had come to me for help. What he didn't know while he was taking all that time trying to show me he was uppity to me was, I was trying to decide just how much help I was going to give him," Billy Bob Jones said.

"I was struggling with the fact that so many white people had lost their farmland, and here I was faced with having to help a colored person save their land. So I didn't give him the full force of what I could do. I did enough," Billy Bob Jones said. "So that when he, I assumed the Department of Agriculture had sent him to me, either that or the Georgia Department of Agriculture, and he needed to go back and report that I did try to help him."

"So I took him to a colored lawyer that had attended some of training that we had provided because Chapter 12 bankruptcy had just been enacted for the family farm. So I figured if I take him to one of them, that his own kind would take care of him."
Hmm...looks ok to me? I cant see that causing any outrage at all!
z06inVB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:57 PM   #11
larry00
CF Senior Member

Institutional Racism ! Germany 1936 !
larry00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:02 PM   #12
jughead1
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '11

Just remember guys...only whites can be racists.

People of color that exhibit tendencies, spout racial claims or act in a racial manner are "activists"

Those "activists" that teach others how to conduct themselves as such and cry about race in public or in larger groups...they are known as "community organizers".
jughead1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:08 PM   #13
gpotski
CF Senior Member

hypocrites...
gpotski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:39 PM   #14
Dr Octane
CF Senior Member

Default Update: She's Gone

The Agriculture Department announced Monday, shortly after FoxNews.com published its initial report on the video, that Sherrod had resigned.

"There is zero tolerance for discrimination at USDA, and I strongly condemn any act of discrimination against any person," Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack said in a written statement. "We have been working hard through the past 18 months to reverse the checkered civil rights history at the department and take the issue of fairness and equality very seriously.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...-white-farmer/
Dr Octane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:46 PM   #15
gryphon
CF Senior Member

I was just going to post this. Sherrod was fired, er, um, I mean she resigned.
gryphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:47 PM   #16
AZ Curmudgeon
CF Senior Member

Hope the door didn't hit her where the good lord split her.
AZ Curmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:58 PM   #17
73sbvert
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
St. Jude Donor '09

10:1 she shows up next week, at the same level of pay at the Dept of Transportation, or other such similar gov't job. Somewhere, "one of her kind" will take care of her. Bet on it.

She didn't "lose her job" as was mentioned in the comments of the story, she merely walked away from it. Evidently, she didn't even resign in disgrace, just resigned. She should be penalized somehow, and ostracized amongst the community, the same way a white person would have been shamed out of office.

73sbvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:58 PM   #18
LoneStarFRC
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Location: Don't judge anyone until you've walked a mile in their stupid, ugly shoes ~

This farmer that was mistreated at her hands, needs to file a complaint with the USDA AND a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Civil Rights Commission.

Let's see this one get ignored by Urkel, Holder and crew.

Hang on Shirley, this ain't over by a long shot.
LoneStarFRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:00 PM   #19
keith5
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Octane View Post
The Agriculture Department announced Monday, shortly after FoxNews.com published its initial report on the video, that Sherrod had resigned.

"There is zero tolerance for discrimination at USDA, and I strongly condemn any act of discrimination against any person," Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack said in a written statement. "We have been working hard through the past 18 months to reverse the checkered civil rights history at the department and take the issue of fairness and equality very seriously.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...-white-farmer/

Good f'n riddance......Next up.....NAACP Pres.....
keith5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:02 PM   #20
keith5
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarFRC View Post
This farmer that was mistreated at her hands, needs to file a complaint with the USDA AND a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Civil Rights Commission.

Let's see this one get ignored by Urkel, Holder and crew.

Hang on Shirley, this ain't over by a long shot.

Ooooo, I like the way you think...

Find out who he is and get that man some
testimonial time!
keith5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion >
Reload this Page
  • Breitbart does it again. Racist NAACP nailed
  •