Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Off Topic > Politics, Religion & Controversy
Reload this Page >

We had an AC-130U Gunship in Benghazi, Obama refused to authorize it to fire!

Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

We had an AC-130U Gunship in Benghazi, Obama refused to authorize it to fire!

Old 10-28-2012, 03:43 PM
tempest62
CF Senior Member

Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts

Originally Posted by bill_daniels View Post
Oh, I disagree completely. If we quit funding the welfare state, booted the 47 million off food stamps, quit being the world's policeman, quit borrowing money to give out to other countries, I would DEFINITELY call that fundamental change from the way things are going now.

Forcing the government to quit borrowing and printing money would be fundamental change.

Even getting rid of the sexual assault teams at airports and restoring the private security folks with metal detectors would be fundamental change, at this point.
no, those are elements of restoration, not transformation.

obama's transformation is about the minimization of individual liberty in favor or complete federal control..........ultimate wet dream of progressivism.
Old 10-28-2012, 03:46 PM
Grumpy
MONARTOR

Liked 35 Times in 16 Posts
Cruise-In 5-6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-10-'11-12-'13-'14-'15-'16-17-'18
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
What you call "change" I call "return to founding principles and the word of the Constitution"

But more importantly I wan to know why I did not wake up to ALL the Sunday news stations asking why the White House let Americans die while observing the entire event?
Old 10-28-2012, 04:05 PM
PJC6
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Me too
Old 10-28-2012, 04:22 PM
Ryan59
CF Senior Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I was listening to Nationa Public Radio (Liberal to the max station) the moring this happened. They went overboard explaining that no Americans were dragged through the streets.

Nothing wakes you up in the morning quicker than listening to liberals spew their trash.

A few hours later there are pictures of towlheads dragging American bodies through the streets.

Another note on this: Of all the news stories concerning this terroist act. I was under the impression this was a 10 minute attack. Not a seven hour siege. They did a fine job of covering this up and it really stinks. NPR also said over & over that this was not a terrorist act. Simply the people upset over a movie that depicted moose-slums humping sheep or whatever....

Last edited by Ryan59; 10-28-2012 at 04:26 PM.
Old 10-28-2012, 04:40 PM
cole925
CF Senior Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Shows how much people on here talk out their ***. No such thing as a 25mm on AC platforms anymore.
Old 10-28-2012, 04:51 PM
RetiredSFC 97
CF Senior Member

Liked 22 Times in 18 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10, '14

Originally Posted by cole925 View Post
Shows how much people on here talk out their ***. No such thing as a 25mm on AC platforms anymore.
You sure about that?
Old 10-28-2012, 05:06 PM
VIK TOY
CF Senior Member

Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts

What you call "change" I call "return to founding principles and the word of the Constitution"

But more importantly I want to know why I did not wake up to ALL the Sunday news stations asking why the White House let Americans die while observing the entire event?
I want my/our America back. There are IMPEACH OBAMA stands around Oregon right now (??peoples republic of Oregon yet??) The man at the stand is here from NJ and sponsored by the Larouche Pac. His contention is that even 'tho we don't have time to get him out before the election, we could try to stop his damage until he is completely GONE!!!! the POS in the White House has done the most damage of any Pres to our America and the Black Race!! I feel he has created racist not convinced people not to be!!
Old 10-28-2012, 05:49 PM
VITE1
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Port St Lucie FL Life is hard, Then you die, FL USA
Liked 44 Times in 22 Posts
Cruise-In X Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

Originally Posted by RetiredSFC 97 View Post
You sure about that?
It's either 20MM Vulcans or 30MM Bushmasters and .The Spookys gunships had 25MM

Gunners loading 40 mm cannon (background) and 105 mm cannon (foreground)

Gunship II 4 7.62 mm GAU-2/A miniguns
4 20 mm (0.787 in) M61 Vulcan 6-barrel Gatling cannon
AC-130A Surprise Package, Pave Pronto, AC-130E Pave Spectre 2 7.62 mm GAU-2/A miniguns
2 20 mm M61 Vulcan cannon
2 40 mm (1.58 in) L/60 Bofors cannon
AC-130E Pave Aegis 2 20 mm M61 Vulcan cannon
1 40 mm (1.58 in) L/60 Bofors cannon
1 105 mm (4.13 in) M102 howitzer
AC-130H Spectre[40]
(Prior to c. 2000)
2 20 mm M61 Vulcan cannon

(Current Armament)
AC-130U Spooky II 1 General Dynamics 25 mm (0.984 in) GAU-12/U Equalizer 5-barreled gatling cannon
AC-130W Stinger II 1x 30 mm Bushmaster II cannon[41]
10x Griffin missiles
8x GBU-39 Small Diameter Bombs[42]

AC-130U Spooky II 1 General Dynamics 25 mm (0.984 in) GAU-12/U Equalizer 5-barreled gatling cannon
AC-130W Stinger II 1x 30 mm Bushmaster II cannon[41]
10x Griffin missiles
8x GBU-39 Small Diameter Bombs[42]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_AC-130#Armament

Last edited by VITE1; 10-28-2012 at 05:54 PM.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:19 PM
jerrybramlett
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Liked 118 Times in 68 Posts

Default The best info I have today.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/reti...attack-happen/

In this interview, the retired officers talking say "a C-130 was two hours away" during the attack. They also said it was possible to have had reinforcements (from a base in Italy?) on the ground in that same amount of time.

I'm not sure I agree with their contention that an order to respond to this attack would have had to come from the Secretary of Defense after approval from the President. That sounds way too difficult to obtain in some situations. I would think the military would be more flexible than that.

My own military training is too old and limited to help me figure this out. I was in the Army Air Defense Artillary over forty years ago and was trained to launch Nike-Hercules missles. I had to get approval (by radio) before launching at any unidentified plane invading U.S. air space. However, that approval would have come from a relatively low level officer. This was long before cell phones and the internet. There just wasn't enough time to contact Washington for instructions.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:28 PM
RetiredSFC 97
CF Senior Member

Liked 22 Times in 18 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10, '14

Originally Posted by jerrybramlett View Post

In this interview, the retired officers talking say "a C-130 was two hours away" during the attack. They also said it was possible to have had reinforcements (from a base in Italy?) on the ground in that same amount of time.

I'm not sure I agree with their contention that an order to respond to this attack would have had to come from the Secretary of Defense after approval from the President. That sounds way too difficult to obtain in some situations. I would think the military would be more flexible than that.

My own military training is too old and limited to help me figure this out. I was in the Army Air Defense Artillary over forty years ago and was trained to launch Nike-Hercules missles. I had to get approval (by radio) before launching at any unidentified plane invading U.S. air space. However, that approval would have come from a relatively low level officer. This was long before cell phones and the internet. There just wasn't enough time to contact Washington for instructions.
CIA? Consulate?

Yes this order would have came from the administration. The Military does not have the authority to go into foreign sovereign airspace without the approval of the POTUS.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:35 PM
bave
CF Senior Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Really?

You mean like this display of terribly inaccurate rounds. So 'inaccurate' that not only can they differentiate between religious and secular buildings and vehicles but even individual people and direct fire to within feet of the intended target.
Are you dense? I have never questioned the ability of a ACU130 to be able to put rounds on target. My point has been there there is always a standard deviation of rounds on target which is then compounded by the lethality of the round, ie: a 40mm round has a kill radius of X meters and a wound radius of Y meters.

So, if you put a 40mm or a 25mm burst, directly onto the hood of a Toyo pickup, and you have non-hostiles 10-20 feet away, those folks are pretty hosed too. That's been my point all along.

Returning to the common sense and sound founding principles as outlines in the CURRENT Constitution is not a fundamental change or transformation.
Oh, right, because the prior president was Mr.Constitution and fiscal responsibility? GMAFB.

Do you really want to go into the constitutionality of the Patriot Act? Or renditions? How about the fiscal responsibility of PartD?

This is bipartisan incompetence, and it ain't new.

And as for the "people electing the fundamental transformer", if the entire campaign was built on lies and mistruths then how is that 'democracy' in action?

Please come back after improving your general historic and geopolitical knowledge.
Gotcha, no other election has outright lied their butts off the entire time.

Originally Posted by tempest62 View Post
he never explained what his version of fundamental transformation was. the doofesses enmasse just jumped on it and voted for him. it's like voting for lucifer. in fact the book that serves as obama's operations guide, saul alinsky's Rule For radicals, is dedicated to lucifer.

and why the hell would we ever want that? TRANSFORM is code for progressive, which is exactly the wrong direction.

we need RESTORATION, not transformation.
Perspective I suppose.

A great example would be term limits. I would call that transformational, but a good thing.

But more importantly I wan to know why I did not wake up to ALL the Sunday news stations asking why the White House let Americans die while observing the entire event?
Ahh gotcha. A Paul-y.

Get rid of the government! We don't need nothing except a massive, ever increasing, ever over-reaching military.

If you think returning to a bare bones constitutional heyday is in the cards, you are out of your damned mind.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:35 PM
SSWEET
CF Senior Member

Liked 34 Times in 29 Posts

hmmmm...Quite possibly because the MSM doesn't buy Fox's conjecture, blogger based innuendo and "unnamed sources".......smart move on their part....not surprised you're so confused........
Old 10-28-2012, 06:39 PM
WNeal
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cruise-In Veteran VII
Cruise-In Veteran VIII
"Slower Azz Dog"
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09

Originally Posted by Jughead View Post
hussein would prefer to spare 100 mooslums running around in sheets than help out 4 Americans. IMHO 4 Americans > 1,000 mooslums.
bingo,

He has already made the statement that he would stand with muslims.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:52 PM
30YR W8T
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: "Don't expect to build up the weak by pulling down the strong." Calvin Coolidge
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SSWEET View Post
hmmmm...Quite possibly because the MSM doesn't buy Fox's conjecture, blogger based innuendo and "unnamed sources".......smart move on their part....not surprised you're so confused........

MSM doesn't buy anything thats truthful and non liberal biased. They only present what they want and ignore that complicated stuff that could make them look like idiots. You should tell them their plan isn't working, it has been confirmed, they are absolute idiots who embrace the vast majority of whats wrong in this country. Funny how their ratings continue to decline and their all star team keeps finding the only thing on the menu for them is crow.
Old 10-28-2012, 07:04 PM
LowFlight
CF Senior Member

Liked 50 Times in 47 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03, '17
Cruise-In V Veteran

Originally Posted by SSWEET View Post
Holy Crap, could you be more full of crap?
Old 10-28-2012, 07:08 PM
PJC6
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LowFlight View Post
Holy Crap, could you be more full of crap?
Old 10-28-2012, 07:33 PM
RC45
CF Senior Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally Posted by bave View Post
Are you dense? I have never questioned the ability of a ACU130 to be able to put rounds on target. My point has been there there is always a standard deviation of rounds on target which is then compounded by the lethality of the round, ie: a 40mm round has a kill radius of X meters and a wound radius of Y meters.

So, if you put a 40mm or a 25mm burst, directly onto the hood of a Toyo pickup, and you have non-hostiles 10-20 feet away, those folks are pretty hosed too. That's been my point all along.
Are you dense?

The attack was taking place on the GROUNDS OF A FACILITY. Not in a mid-morning camel jockey hashish market.

If ANYONE was on the grounds they where either friendly or foe - there is no innocent bystander in that scenario.

Again you simply skirt facts and high dive right into stupid.

Oh, right, because the prior president was Mr.Constitution and fiscal responsibility? GMAFB.

Do you really want to go into the constitutionality of the Patriot Act? Or renditions? How about the fiscal responsibility of PartD?

This is bipartisan incompetence, and it ain't new.
Exactly where did I say Bush was perfect and that HIS regime was ideal?

Please show where I did.

Gotcha, no other election has outright lied their butts off the entire time.
Actually if you had even a sinlge ounce of intellectual honesty you would actually be able to comprehend that the obama campaign DIRECTLY lied about almost EVERYTHING. If the campaign was in closed dorr session, they showed their cards - in public they lied.

They did not simply misjudge the severity of the task and then get stumped during their first term - they simply lied about EVERY talking point. Every promise was broken - except one - fundamentally change the nation.

You have been exposed as being intellectually dishonest time and time again. Your arguments are weak and transparent and at best expose your own misunderstanding of the facts..

Bill Clinton did not even lie as blatantly as obama did, until he (Clinton) was in office.

Ahh gotcha. A Paul-y.

Get rid of the government! We don't need nothing except a massive, ever increasing, ever over-reaching military.

If you think returning to a bare bones constitutional heyday is in the cards, you are out of your damned mind.
Again you make a stupid unsubstantiated claim.

Conservatism does not equal Ron Paulism.

As hard as you try you have yet to prove you are not a die hard Democrat at heart. Every one of your points is geared towards supporting Statism.

Last edited by RC45; 10-28-2012 at 07:37 PM.
Old 10-28-2012, 07:57 PM
bave
CF Senior Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Are you dense?

The attack was taking place on the GROUNDS OF A FACILITY. Not in a mid-morning camel jockey hashish market.

If ANYONE was on the grounds they where either friendly or foe - there is no innocent bystander in that scenario.

Again you simply skirt facts and high dive right into stupid.

Exactly where did I say Bush was perfect and that HIS regime was ideal?

Please show where I did.

Actually if you had even a sinlge ounce of intellectual honesty you would actually be able to comprehend that the obama campaign DIRECTLY lied about almost EVERYTHING. If the campaign was in closed dorr session, they showed their cards - in public they lied.

They did not simply misjudge the severity of the task and then get stumped during their first term - they simply lied about EVERY talking point. Every promise was broken - except one - fundamentally change the nation.

You have been exposed as being intellectually dishonest time and time again. Your arguments are weak and transparent and at best expose your own misunderstanding of the facts..

Bill Clinton did not even lie as blatantly as obama did, until he (Clinton) was in office.

Again you make a stupid unsubstantiated claim.

Conservatism does not equal Ron Paulism.

As hard as you try you have yet to prove you are not a die hard Democrat at heart. Every one of your points is geared towards supporting Statism.
LOL.

Obama lied, but those Iraqi WMDs that necessitated an invasion, that was utter gospel, yes?

All.Politicians.Lie.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:02 PM
RC45
CF Senior Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

LOL.

Obama lied, but those Iraqi WMDs that necessitated an invasion, that was utter gospel, yes?

All.Politicians.Lie.
They existed. Your point is what?

I also notice you did not deny being called a Statist.

Now back to the actual topic - the sitting POTUS has been caught in a lie of regime ending proportions and the MSM is fillign the air waves with a some what serious rainy wind storm.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:30 PM
Apothecary
CF Senior Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jerrybramlett View Post

Dayum.

/thread right there

Even The Blaze proves out the c130 story was a far right loonies lie and total garbage.

My pov stands vindicated.

Time for you rabid dogs to turn on Beck.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: We had an AC-130U Gunship in Benghazi, Obama refused to authorize it to fire!

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: