Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Off Topic > Politics, Religion & Controversy
Reload this Page >

We had an AC-130U Gunship in Benghazi, Obama refused to authorize it to fire!

Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

We had an AC-130U Gunship in Benghazi, Obama refused to authorize it to fire!

 
Old 10-28-2012, 11:08 PM
  #281  
8388
CF Senior Member
 
8388's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2000
Posts: 24,125
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14
Default

Originally Posted by Apothecary View Post



Spin it any way ta want.




That's all you've done so far..............
8388 is offline  
Old 10-28-2012, 11:10 PM
  #282  
Apothecary
CF Senior Member
 
Apothecary's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2009
Location: The New Republican.
Posts: 12,916
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by PeterSG View Post
On This Thread's Topic: Benghazi & Not Saving The SEALS & Ambassador
error 404




threads topic is "We had an AC-130U Gunship in Benghazi, Obama refused to authorize it to fire!"
Apothecary is offline  
Old 10-28-2012, 11:13 PM
  #283  
LTC Z06
Get Some!
Support Corvetteforum!
 
LTC Z06's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2001
Location: back in USA
Posts: 53,782
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by cole925 View Post
As you already said, part of the decision was due to tumbling vs accuracy, but I distinctly remember the Geneva Convention coming up as part of the citation.

We actually steered this direction because the discussion began with the origin of the "Geneva convention doesn't allow hollow points" myth. From there it dove into idiotic specifics laid out by the Geneva convention, and a Spooky driver started talking about this exact scenario.



One of my questions was "If yanked, were they all pulled simultaneously?". Don't know if you remember or not, but there was some pretty big uproar about the operating height changing, lots of pipe hitters were convinced the platform was getting phased out because brass wouldn't listen to the pilots.
Unless you are working with them info on those birds will always be cloudy.
LTC Z06 is offline  
Old 10-28-2012, 11:22 PM
  #284  
Cybercowboy
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Cybercowboy's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2001
Location: Blacker than the blackest black, times infinity.
Posts: 71,365
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Stealthy Puma Member
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Default

I don't think the nutless wonders posting here tonight know what is in store for them this coming week.
Cybercowboy is offline  
Old 10-28-2012, 11:23 PM
  #285  
PeterSG
CF Senior Member
 
PeterSG's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2005
Location: NCM Lifetime member -- Faced with crisis, the man of character falls back upon himself.
Posts: 5,617
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-Ď19
Default

Originally Posted by Apothecary View Post
error 404

threads topic is "We had an AC-130U Gunship in Benghazi, Obama refused to authorize it to fire!"
~~~~~

Not found nor comprehended by you.

I used to feel sorry for those who fail to comprehend top-level concepts.

No sympathy from me anymore.
PeterSG is offline  
Old 10-28-2012, 11:47 PM
  #286  
Apothecary
CF Senior Member
 
Apothecary's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2009
Location: The New Republican.
Posts: 12,916
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
In the real world 2 is less than 7.

Again you lose.

Facts beats out ignant any time of day.

Do you have any idea that the term "on standby" means?

BTW, I have seldom seen any person (even a Democrat) spend so much energy making fun of Americans killed in action - other than those Baptist(?) clowns that protest at soldiers funerals.

You are a filthy roach. I would like to know if you display this disgusting cheer at the death of USA servicemen in front of your family. You are a disgusting individual.

Fugget man, I may need to ask a mod to temp ban me so I don't let loose with what I really want to say to you.


Corn eating time.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...056244096.html

First shots fired at approx 9:30

10 p.m.
Consulate in flames. Libyan government reinforcements arrive. They guard front and rear gates as militants begin to crowd at rear gate. U.S. and Libyan guards enter burning building and pull out body of information officer Sean Smith. They canít find ambassador."


sooooooo


They were overrun in less than 30 minutes. My guess was 20 minutes.

They cannot blow up jack squat because of Libyan govt peace keeping forces that were there.
No gunships with cannons, no jet fighter missiles, no daisy cutters, no, blah, blah, blah.....


I was right again, according to current info.


/thread ..................Auhgain.
Apothecary is offline  
Old 10-29-2012, 12:11 AM
  #287  
dexter
CF Senior Member
 
dexter's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2000
Location: A small island in WA state
Posts: 34,439
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Cybercowboy View Post
I don't think the nutless wonders posting here tonight know what is in store for them this coming week.
or they're simply trying to ignore reality. The s**tstorm is starting.
dexter is offline  
Old 10-29-2012, 12:46 AM
  #288  
dmaxx3500
CF Senior Member
 
dmaxx3500's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2008
Location: chicago
Posts: 24,627
Liked 477 Times in 372 Posts
Default

we can only hope
dmaxx3500 is online now  
Old 10-29-2012, 03:23 AM
  #289  
RC45
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jun 2003
Location: Houston TX
Posts: 14,051
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by Apothecary View Post
Corn eating time.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...056244096.html

First shots fired at approx 9:30

10 p.m.
Consulate in flames. Libyan government reinforcements arrive. They guard front and rear gates as militants begin to crowd at rear gate. U.S. and Libyan guards enter burning building and pull out body of information officer Sean Smith. They can’t find ambassador."


sooooooo


They were overrun in less than 30 minutes. My guess was 20 minutes.

They cannot blow up jack squat because of Libyan govt peace keeping forces that were there.
No gunships with cannons, no jet fighter missiles, no daisy cutters, no, blah, blah, blah.....


I was right again, according to current info.


/thread ..................Auhgain.
You are an dimwitted and slow moron.

The conflict at the SAFE HOUSE continued for 7 hours.

THAT is where the SEALS where calling for backup and THAT is where they where killed.

Jesus H Christ communicating with you is like trying to ask a 2 year old to eat there food - bloody effing pointless excercise because your grasp of the subject at hand and actual knowledge is bloody ZERO!!!!!
RC45 is offline  
Old 10-29-2012, 05:24 AM
  #290  
virtue4u
CF Senior Member
 
virtue4u's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2000
Posts: 59,408
Likes: 0
Liked 14 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
You are an dimwitted and slow moron.

The conflict at the SAFE HOUSE continued for 7 hours.

THAT is where the SEALS where calling for backup and THAT is where they where killed.

Jesus H Christ communicating with you is like trying to ask a 2 year old to eat there food - bloody effing pointless excercise because your grasp of the subject at hand and actual knowledge is bloody ZERO!!!!!


People who have drunk the kook-aid are like walking Obama zombies.
virtue4u is offline  
Old 10-29-2012, 05:36 AM
  #291  
Turbodude
CF Senior Member
 
Turbodude's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2006
Location: Santa Fe, NM
Posts: 18,344
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08
Default

I wish they'd all drink the Jim Jones koolaid.
Turbodude is offline  
Old 10-29-2012, 06:04 AM
  #292  
Guibo
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jul 2002
Posts: 5,636
Likes: 0
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
The conflict at the SAFE HOUSE continued for 7 hours.
By various accounts, the fighting at the safehouse only started after the rescue team arrived back from the consulate. That was after midnight. The fighting was described as "intermittent," for at least a couple of hours. Marines from Tripoli landed in Benghazi and arrived at the annex around 2:30-3:00. (It's possible they had to fight their way to get in, yet no account so far states that to be the case; no roadblock, or a crappy one?) By 3:00 after the Marines arrived, the annex was taking small arms fire, which escalated to the mortar attack at 4:00.

The initial briefing on the attack said the fighting at the annex lasted two hours:
"The mission annex then came under fire itself at around 6 o'clock in the evening our time, and that continued for about two hours. It was during that time that two additional U.S. personnel were killed and two more were wounded during that ongoing attack."
http://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/ps/2012/09/197694.htm

Perhaps the FBI report will say differently, but it would be incredible that the annex could have come under fire by a pre-meditated terrorist attack, that allowed the rescue personnel to not only slip out to the "consulate," but also to come back with consulate personnel (hampered by traffic and flat tires), and then to allow the Marines from Tripoli to arrive there without casualties too.
Guibo is offline  
Old 10-29-2012, 08:31 AM
  #293  
dexter
CF Senior Member
 
dexter's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2000
Location: A small island in WA state
Posts: 34,439
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

We. Didn't. Even. Try. To. Save. Them.

Actually OBAMA didn't even try to save them.
dexter is offline  
Old 10-29-2012, 08:41 AM
  #294  
Apothecary
CF Senior Member
 
Apothecary's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2009
Location: The New Republican.
Posts: 12,916
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by RC45 View Post

The conflict at the SAFE HOUSE continued for 7 hours.

THAT is where the SEALS where calling for backup and THAT is where they where killed.
ahhhhhhhhhh...

so, nobody cares about the Consulate or the ambassador. .





Same answer applies here.
They had UN troops, Libyan troops, and the Seals, all mixed into a fighting arena. Not enough time for a gunship, and not practical with the close friendly and foe engagement.
Apothecary is offline  
Old 10-29-2012, 08:51 AM
  #295  
RetiredSFC 97
CF Senior Member
 
RetiredSFC 97's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2009
Location: Somewhere in Mo
Posts: 73,435
Likes: 0
Liked 22 Times in 18 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10, '14
Default

Originally Posted by cole925 View Post
Absolutely positive. When the operating height got bumped up back in mid 00's they found out the 25mm round sbegan tumbling about 2K ft AGL. Geneva violation, they yanked almost all of them immediately. 2 of my close friends are Spooky drivers.

There may be a few Spectre's with them equipped, but the phase out is replacing those with some newfangled FLIR system.
All of my research has stated they replaced the two 20MM's with the 25MM on the C130U.
RetiredSFC 97 is offline  
Old 10-29-2012, 08:55 AM
  #296  
RetiredSFC 97
CF Senior Member
 
RetiredSFC 97's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2009
Location: Somewhere in Mo
Posts: 73,435
Likes: 0
Liked 22 Times in 18 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10, '14
Default

May I suggest you people, who have absolutely no damn military training and/or experience, stop yapping about something you know nothing about.

The facts are, we had an ambassador and 3 brave men killed and you are trying to jusitify obama's decisions with a bunch of wanta be know it all so called facts of yours.

Your arguments are beyond belief and beyond any form of human intelligence. Reminds me of a dog eating his own crap.
RetiredSFC 97 is offline  
Old 10-29-2012, 09:04 AM
  #297  
Apothecary
CF Senior Member
 
Apothecary's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2009
Location: The New Republican.
Posts: 12,916
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by dexter View Post
We. Didn't. Even. Try. To. Save. Them.

Actually OBAMA didn't even try to save them.
gafb



first you cry because the CIA in the Annex were told to stand down, during the consulate attack, and now you spin and say it's not about the consulate embassy, it's about the same dam CIA that could not defend themselves at the annex, let alone, fight a supposed mob of 150 terrorists a mile away at the consulate.

Where were the 150 terrorists? The consulate or the annex?
Now we got all these fictional accounts of huge seal teams and delta forces, terrorists with tracer bullets, and gunships that can separate foes from friendlies without IR strobes...

yawn....
Apothecary is offline  
Old 10-29-2012, 09:12 AM
  #298  
Apothecary
CF Senior Member
 
Apothecary's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2009
Location: The New Republican.
Posts: 12,916
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by RetiredSFC 97 View Post
The facts are, we had an ambassador and 3 brave men killed and you are trying to jusitify obama's decisions with a bunch of wanta be know it all so called facts of yours.





2,977 deaths.
Apothecary is offline  
Old 10-29-2012, 09:52 AM
  #299  
GARYFINN
CF Senior Member
 
GARYFINN's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2008
Location: S/W ,Fla-Ohio State Football isn't a matter of life or death,Its Much More serious than that
Posts: 42,370
Liked 199 Times in 115 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Apothecary View Post
gafb



first you cry because the CIA in the Annex were told to stand down, during the consulate attack, and now you spin and say it's not about the consulate embassy, it's about the same dam CIA that could not defend themselves at the annex, let alone, fight a supposed mob of 150 terrorists a mile away at the consulate.

Where were the 150 terrorists? The consulate or the annex?
Now we got all these fictional accounts of huge seal teams and delta forces, terrorists with tracer bullets, and gunships that can separate foes from friendlies without IR strobes...

yawn....
FICTIONAL ???????? LINK IT UP slurper.
GARYFINN is offline  
Old 10-29-2012, 10:13 AM
  #300  
RC45
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jun 2003
Location: Houston TX
Posts: 14,051
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by Guibo View Post
By various accounts, the fighting at the safehouse only started after the rescue team arrived back from the consulate. That was after midnight. The fighting was described as "intermittent," for at least a couple of hours. Marines from Tripoli landed in Benghazi and arrived at the annex around 2:30-3:00. (It's possible they had to fight their way to get in, yet no account so far states that to be the case; no roadblock, or a crappy one?) By 3:00 after the Marines arrived, the annex was taking small arms fire, which escalated to the mortar attack at 4:00.

The initial briefing on the attack said the fighting at the annex lasted two hours:
"The mission annex then came under fire itself at around 6 o'clock in the evening our time, and that continued for about two hours. It was during that time that two additional U.S. personnel were killed and two more were wounded during that ongoing attack."
http://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/ps/2012/09/197694.htm

Perhaps the FBI report will say differently, but it would be incredible that the annex could have come under fire by a pre-meditated terrorist attack, that allowed the rescue personnel to not only slip out to the "consulate," but also to come back with consulate personnel (hampered by traffic and flat tires), and then to allow the Marines from Tripoli to arrive there without casualties too.
The point being that between the time of the initial invasion and the time of the final escape to Tripoli more than 7 hours transpired.
RC45 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: We had an AC-130U Gunship in Benghazi, Obama refused to authorize it to fire!


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: