Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Off Topic > Politics, Religion & Controversy
Reload this Page >

We had an AC-130U Gunship in Benghazi, Obama refused to authorize it to fire!

Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

We had an AC-130U Gunship in Benghazi, Obama refused to authorize it to fire!

Old 10-29-2012, 10:56 AM
ghostmech
CF Senior Member

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Apothecary View Post

2,977 deaths.
You and the other liberal dip****s on here reflect the attitude of your messianic Kenyan...you have no respect what is good and love to post little smiley faces to things that are not really funny. You are ignorant and you will remain that way no matter how much academic knowledge you may have....because the truth is: "They can't fix stupid" as reflected in your inane postings.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:01 AM
BruteSpeed
CF Senior Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally Posted by ghostmech View Post
You and the other liberal dip****s on here reflect the attitude of your messianic Kenyan...you have no respect what is good and love to post little smiley faces to things that are not really funny. You are ignorant and you will remain that way no matter how much academic knowledge you may have....because the truth is: "They can't fix stupid" as reflected in your inane postings.

Old 10-29-2012, 11:18 AM
VETTRLZ
CF Senior Member

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

I love the way people with no military experience know that an AC-130U would have been too dangerous to friendlies in this situation.

Let's get something straight here. The SEALs had lasers on the mortar positions, and held them there for hours. They specifically called in for the Spectre support on the mortar positions. Mortars would have been located in an area that was relatively far away from the compound, lobbing in over the walls.

The Spectre would have come in and knocked out those mortar positions first. Those rounds would have landed a safe distance from the friendlies and taking out the mortars alone would have scattered the assault and given our guys a fighting chance.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:22 AM
PeterSG
CF Senior Member

Location: NCM Lifetime member -- Faced with crisis, the man of character falls back upon himself.
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-19

Originally Posted by RetiredSFC 97 View Post
May I suggest you people, who have absolutely no damn military training and/or experience, stop yapping about something you know nothing about.

The facts are, we had an ambassador and 3 brave men killed and you are trying to jusitify obama's decisions with a bunch of wanta be know it all so called facts of yours.

Your arguments are beyond belief and beyond any form of human intelligence. Reminds me of a dog eating his own crap.
~~~~~

BO can watch individuals die and not assist them because he has no humane regard for the individual, whether in war or daily functioning of society. That is why he supports socialized medicine with rationing, high taxes upon those who are successful, and less freedom for the individual.

He enjoys inflicting pain: As, overseeing those who need medical care suffer rationing, and those who are successful suffer high taxes.

Watching the murders in real time gave him a thrill. He is perverted beyond our civilized imaginations.

Last edited by PeterSG; 10-29-2012 at 11:31 AM.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:26 AM
VETTRLZ
CF Senior Member

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PeterSG View Post
~~~~~

BO can watch individuals die and not assist them because he has no humane regard for the individual, whether in war or daily functioning of society. That is why he supports socialized medicine with rationing, high taxes upon those who are successful, and less freedom for the individual.

He enjoys inflicting pain: As, overseeing those who need medical care suffer rationing, and those who are successful suffer high taxes.

Watching the murders in real time gave him a thrill up his leg. He is perverted beyond our civilized imaginations.
Narcissists only care about themselves. Other people are here to glorify them.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:33 AM
WallyWest
CF Senior Member

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Originally Posted by VETTRLZ View Post
I love the way people with no military experience know that an AC-130U would have been too dangerous to friendlies in this situation.

Let's get something straight here. The SEALs had lasers on the mortar positions, and held them there for hours. They specifically called in for the Spectre support on the mortar positions. Mortars would have been located in an area that was relatively far away from the compound, lobbing in over the walls.

The Spectre would have come in and knocked out those mortar positions first. Those rounds would have landed a safe distance from the friendlies and taking out the mortars alone would have scattered the assault and given our guys a fighting chance.

Never mind the fact that the Spectre is designed to be extremely accurate and does indeed provide exactly the kind of support that was needed in this situation.

This is why the President has military advisers, to let him know what assets are available and what they can do. I wonder if Obama even bothered to ask what could be done before deciding to sit on his hands and do nothing. My bet is he didn't.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:50 AM
PeterSG
CF Senior Member

Location: NCM Lifetime member -- Faced with crisis, the man of character falls back upon himself.
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Let the SEALS die.

BO could not tolerate using American military power with its finely-tuned skills and machinery.

That would have aggrandized the US military. That would have made Americans proud to be Americans. That would have united Americans.

BO saw no gain specifically for himself. He perceived no personal gain by allowing Americans to be Americans doing the honorable things Americans do naturally.

BO is perverted beyond anything his sycophants can imagine.

Last edited by PeterSG; 10-29-2012 at 11:57 AM.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:30 PM
ghostmech
CF Senior Member

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Originally Posted by WallyWest View Post

Never mind the fact that the Spectre is designed to be extremely accurate and does indeed provide exactly the kind of support that was needed in this situation.

This is why the President has military advisers, to let him know what assets are available and what they can do. I wonder if Obama even bothered to ask what could be done before deciding to sit on his hands and do nothing. My bet is he didn't.
I spent 7 years with the AC-130U program and you are correct, it can be very accurate.

The thing that sticks out to me is those guys would have known if Gunships were available or not and they specifically called, saying "Where the F*** are the Specters?" Why would they say that if there weren't any assets?

Also, Apparently the Kenyan and his regime won't answer the question of to assets available claiming that info being classified. That's funny when you consider they had no problem releasing classified details when Bin Laden was killed. No problem when they released the fact that the STUXNET virus was released into Iranian nuke facilities computers, linking Israel and obviously exposing agents undercover.

Obama is a wolf in sheep's clothing.......Lenin would be proud.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:37 PM
GARYFINN
CF Senior Member

Location: S/W ,Fla-Ohio State Football isn't a matter of life or death,Its Much More serious than that
Liked 199 Times in 115 Posts

Originally Posted by VETTRLZ View Post
Narcissists only care about themselves. Other people are here to glorify them.
Yes !! sweet and apothecary are to glorify The Boy King.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:12 PM
VITE1
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Port St Lucie FL Life is hard, Then you die, FL USA
Liked 44 Times in 22 Posts
Cruise-In X Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

Originally Posted by Apothecary View Post
con..........jec...........ture.
You have something on your chin. Look like Whipped cream.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:13 PM
VetinaVette
CF Senior Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

We didn't use AC-130s for Somalia either, so I'm not surprised.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:32 PM
GARYFINN
CF Senior Member

Location: S/W ,Fla-Ohio State Football isn't a matter of life or death,Its Much More serious than that
Liked 199 Times in 115 Posts

Originally Posted by ghostmech View Post
I spent 7 years with the AC-130U program and you are correct, it can be very accurate.

The thing that sticks out to me is those guys would have known if Gunships were available or not and they specifically called, saying "Where the F*** are the Specters?" Why would they say that if there weren't any assets?

Also, Apparently the Kenyan and his regime won't answer the question of to assets available claiming that info being classified. That's funny when you consider they had no problem releasing classified details when Bin Laden was killed. No problem when they released the fact that the STUXNET virus was released into Iranian nuke facilities computers, linking Israel and obviously exposing agents undercover.

Obama is a wolf in sheep's clothing.......Lenin would be proud.
Question !! why was the Navy Seal painting the mortor if there was no asset in the sky at the time ??????????????
Old 10-29-2012, 01:43 PM
cole925
CF Senior Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Got an email back from the Spooky driver, I'll just start a new thread though. Alpo really **** the bed on this one.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:50 PM
RetiredSFC 97
CF Senior Member

Liked 22 Times in 18 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10, '14

Originally Posted by cole925 View Post
Got an email back from the Spooky driver, I'll just start a new thread though. Alpo really **** the bed on this one.
Not for me, I have him blocked. The only block I might add.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:54 PM
Guibo
CF Senior Member

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
The point being that between the time of the initial invasion and the time of the final escape to Tripoli more than 7 hours transpired.
And in between the start and the final escape, there was also a confusing email sent that fighting had stopped and the compound was cleared. There were even media reports that were filed, before realizing the second firefight was about to commence. It's possible higher-ups felt the lull in the fighting was a sign that the attack was over, and that the Marines arriving from Tripoli were enough. We now know that is not the case, but that's the hindsight Monday QB'ing Panetta talked about. Then there was the risk that some of those intell people were there for in the first place: the 15-20,000 AMPADs that were unaccounted for. Sure, you can send a gunship, but without enough intelligence, you might also be sending rescuers into a shooting gallery.
It's a bit different from a sustained military campaign out in the desert of Afghanistan, where you have multiple eyes on the ground from different vantage points (or up high coordinating with forward air control), where you have engaged for hours and can gauge the kind of enemy firepower on hand (or even human intelligence beforehand), and where the targets are out in the open. Apparently, in Benghazi, the militia were firing from neighboring homes and buildings and it was not yet clear who were armed assailants vs unarmed onlookers. Imagine the fallout from massive civilian casualties in an operation to protect intelligence agents on foreign land. That would be the classic example of western imperialism the Salafis thrive on. Recall the 2008 AC-130 strike in Azizabad. Pentagon at first reported 30 insurgent deaths, no civilian casualties. A later report admitted to 7 civilian deaths. Another one only a month later cited 33 civilians had died. UN investigation found that as many as 90 civilians had actually been killed.
Point being, the CIA annex was not taking fire for 7 hours.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:58 PM
PeterSG
CF Senior Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally Posted by RetiredSFC 97 View Post
Not for me, I have him blocked. The only block I might add.
~~~~~

I have none of my Corvette Forum buds blocked believing that we are all Americans who understand why we have Corvettes... and why it was possible for the Corvette to be created ONLY IN AMERICA.

Against my philosophy, I want to block him. His distortions, lies, obfuscations are intolerable.

But, as long as I can tolerate him, I will, believing that it is better to know the enemy than to not know what he is saying.
Old 10-29-2012, 02:13 PM
dexter
CF Senior Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Old 10-29-2012, 02:16 PM
jcsperson
CF Senior Member

Liked 349 Times in 224 Posts
NC Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by VetinaVette View Post
We didn't use AC-130s for Somalia either, so I'm not surprised.
Where would we have staged an AC-130 for Somalia? What drones would we have used for surveillance?
Old 10-29-2012, 02:17 PM
RC45
CF Senior Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally Posted by Guibo View Post
And in between the start and the final escape, there was also a confusing email sent that fighting had stopped and the compound was cleared. There were even media reports that were filed, before realizing the second firefight was about to commence. It's possible higher-ups felt the lull in the fighting was a sign that the attack was over, and that the Marines arriving from Tripoli were enough. We now know that is not the case, but that's the hindsight Monday QB'ing Panetta talked about. Then there was the risk that some of those intell people were there for in the first place: the 15-20,000 AMPADs that were unaccounted for. Sure, you can send a gunship, but without enough intelligence, you might also be sending rescuers into a shooting gallery.
It's a bit different from a sustained military campaign out in the desert of Afghanistan, where you have multiple eyes on the ground from different vantage points (or up high coordinating with forward air control), where you have engaged for hours and can gauge the kind of enemy firepower on hand (or even human intelligence beforehand), and where the targets are out in the open. Apparently, in Benghazi, the militia were firing from neighboring homes and buildings and it was not yet clear who were armed assailants vs unarmed onlookers. Imagine the fallout from massive civilian casualties in an operation to protect intelligence agents on foreign land. That would be the classic example of western imperialism the Salafis thrive on. Recall the 2008 AC-130 strike in Azizabad. Pentagon at first reported 30 insurgent deaths, no civilian casualties. A later report admitted to 7 civilian deaths. Another one only a month later cited 33 civilians had died. UN investigation found that as many as 90 civilians had actually been killed.
Point being, the CIA annex was not taking fire for 7 hours.
No.

Wrong.

Incorrect.

The point is that within a few hours of the FIRST round being fired the USA should have sent in force of some type to retake and secure the consulate.

THAT is the point.

obama failed.

Period.

How many weeks later and the bloody building was still sitting empty for looters to pilfer it?

Why the obsessive need to keep defending the indefensible?
Old 10-29-2012, 02:22 PM
RetiredSFC 97
CF Senior Member

Liked 22 Times in 18 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10, '14

Originally Posted by PeterSG View Post
~~~~~

I have none of my Corvette Forum buds blocked believing that we are all Americans who understand why we have Corvettes... and why it was possible for the Corvette to be created ONLY IN AMERICA.

Against my philosophy, I want to block him. His distortions, lies, obfuscations are intolerable.

But, as long as I can tolerate him, I will, believing that it is better to know the enemy than to not know what he is saying.
He doesn't meet the prequisites as a friend or foe.

He's just annoying.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: We had an AC-130U Gunship in Benghazi, Obama refused to authorize it to fire!

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: