Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

Why Was the Navy Seal Painting The Mortar ???

Old 10-29-2012, 08:53 PM
Shlongor
CF Senior Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by GIMMESOME View Post
I don't understand all the hoopla surrounding this whole incident. You occupy a country that is unfriendly,people get killed. You talk about u.s. soil at an embassy, that only applies if that country, and their people honor that thinking, dosn't apply to savages that hate us. It's unfortunate that they died, but what do you expect? They went in knowing the risks. Whenever you invade a hostile country, you need to understand, you're already dead. If you come back home alive, that's just a bonus.
Except we're not discussing a hostile country.
http://www.theatlanticwire.com/polit...s-libya/56803/
We're discussing radical extremists.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:58 PM
Maui
CF Senior Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Could someone explain what "painting the mortar" means? Sorry but the term is foreign to me and probably others.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:01 PM
GIMMESOME
CF Senior Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Shlongor View Post
Except we're not discussing a hostile country.
http://www.theatlanticwire.com/polit...s-libya/56803/
We're discussing radical extremists.
Libya's not a hostile country? Since when? Pro american? You really believe that?
Old 10-29-2012, 09:02 PM
Turbodude
CF Senior Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

I don't understand all the hoopla surrounding this whole incident. You occupy a country that is unfriendly,people get killed. You talk about u.s. soil at an embassy, that only applies if that country, and their people honor that thinking, dosn't apply to savages that hate us. It's unfortunate that they died, but what do you expect? They went in knowing the risks. Whenever you invade a hostile country, you need to understand, you're already dead. If you come back home alive, that's just a bonus.
AYFKM?

You can join the rest of the ignorant treasonous azzhats on my ignore list.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:03 PM
Platoface
CF Senior Member

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by Maui View Post
Could someone explain what "painting the mortar" means? Sorry but the term is foreign to me and probably others.
Using a laser to "paint" hostile fire. In this case mortar fire. The gunship uses the painted target for highly accurate rounds to be delivered upon that target.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:13 PM
Shlongor
CF Senior Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Libya's not a hostile country? Since when? Pro american? You really believe that?
Que? Since when did hostility and stance on 'Murika become the same thing? Not many countries are "pro American," but then again if you go to France, you probably won't get murdered.

We haven't been in a "hostile" country in some time. Sure, arguably most of Afghanistan's people want us to GTFO, but MOST of them are decent people and aren't shooting at us or blowing themselves up. If the country were "hostile," we'd have a conventional war on our hands and we would mop it up and leave.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:25 PM
GIMMESOME
CF Senior Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Shlongor View Post
Que? Since when did hostility and stance on 'Murika become the same thing? Not many countries are "pro American," but then again if you go to France, you probably won't get murdered.

We haven't been in a "hostile" country in some time. Sure, arguably most of Afghanistan's people want us to GTFO, but MOST of them are decent people and aren't shooting at us or blowing themselves up. If the country were "hostile," we'd have a conventional war on our hands and we would mop it up and leave.
When was the last time we fought a conventional war, mopped it up, and left?
Old 10-29-2012, 09:28 PM
RC45
CF Senior Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally Posted by dmaxx3500 View Post
today,i heard[on the radio] that GEN ham is leaving because of a terminaly dying wife,
And this news would cause him to be relieved of duty mid deployment?
Old 10-29-2012, 09:28 PM
GIMMESOME
CF Senior Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbodude View Post
AYFKM?

You can join the rest of the ignorant treasonous azzhats on my ignore list.
I'm neither ignorant, nor teasonous, but I am on your ignore list because I speak the truth. I'm ok with that.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:51 PM
GARYFINN
CF Senior Member

Location: S/W ,Fla-Ohio State Football isn't a matter of life or death,Its Much More serious than that
Liked 199 Times in 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Apothecary View Post
Prolly cause it's not our airspace.
Anywhere we fly is our airspace
Old 10-29-2012, 09:53 PM
GARYFINN
CF Senior Member

Location: S/W ,Fla-Ohio State Football isn't a matter of life or death,Its Much More serious than that
Liked 199 Times in 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Maui View Post
Pointing a laser beam at a target so that a bomb can follow that beam to the target
Old 10-29-2012, 10:01 PM
LowFlight
CF Senior Member

Liked 50 Times in 47 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03, '17
Cruise-In V Veteran

True, but that's not the implied point.

We may have been denied air support by the interm Libyan govt, or by our govt, assuming it would cause more trouble or spark a new war. Look how much trouble we are having with Pakistan. They are a country practically at war with us aside from the small numbers that want our billions of aid, or trade. They can barely contain their population anger.

We are basically paying Pakistan so they dont nuke us.

Wow
Old 10-29-2012, 10:03 PM
DJ_Critterus
CF Senior Member

Location: FL.... America's Wang! No shrinkage. Winter's not coming!
Liked 75 Times in 46 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Platoface View Post
Using a laser to "paint" hostile fire. In this case mortar fire. The gunship uses the painted target for highly accurate rounds to be delivered upon that target.
In simpler terms, it means he pointed the laser at the mortar position where the animals were firing the mortars from. Weaponry can see that target (now painted with a laser beam) and accurately take it out.

Oh yeah and what G-Fin said.
Originally Posted by GARYFINN View Post
Pointing a laser beam at a target so that a bomb can follow that beam to the target

Last edited by DJ_Critterus; 10-29-2012 at 10:07 PM.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:06 PM
DJ_Critterus
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '09

I'm neither ignorant, nor teasonous, but I am on your ignore list because I speak the truth. I'm ok with that.
Not truth and it's probably because you missed the point and went with the deflection again.

Let me make this simple for you. The issue here is that we had people there being attacked at our Embassy and CIA annex. Assets were in place to assist them but they were told three times to stand down and provide no assistance when it could have easily, and quickly been done in an effective manner.

Now, address that issue. No deflections, talking points, or spin please (I won't hold my breath waiting for a reply either).

We may have been denied air support by the interm Libyan govt, or by our govt, assuming it would cause more trouble or spark a new war. Look how much trouble we are having with Pakistan. They are a country practically at war with us aside from the small numbers that want our billions of aid, or trade. They can barely contain their population anger.

How did I guess accurately (again) that you would make up some : excuse to support the Oblamer? You are just as pathetic as this administration. hell, I'm surprised you haven't been offered a job to help cover Obidiot's ***. Them boys have to be getting paid a chit ton since they are always busy.

Last edited by DJ_Critterus; 10-29-2012 at 10:11 PM.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:18 PM
jw38
CF Senior Member

Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14,'18

That's the biggest bunch of bull$hit I've ever read on this forum!

If our Commander in Chief had any ***** he would have told the Libyan government to STFU and he would have sent a rapid response team in to save American lives on SOVERIGN AMERICAN SOIL! You see, THAT is the point and no matter how you try to slice and dice it, Obama failed and 4 AMERICANS lost their lives.

Regarding Pakistan, there is no way in hell that they would ever try to nuke us. Even if they tried...and they don't have the assets to carry a nuke to the US mainland...we would literally obliterate their poor excuse for a country, and they know this. Wait a minute...I forgot that Obama is the president.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:34 PM
DJ_Critterus
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by jw38 View Post

If our Commander in Chief had any ***** he would have told the Libyan government to STFU and he would have sent a rapid response team in to save American lives on SOVERIGN AMERICAN SOIL! You see, THAT is the point and no matter how you try to slice and dice it, Obama failed and 4 AMERICANS lost their lives.

Regarding Pakistan, there is no way in hell that they would ever try to nuke us. Even if they tried...and they don't have the assets to carry a nuke to the US mainland...we would literally obliterate their poor excuse for a country, and they know this. Wait a minute...I forgot that Obama is the president.
Yep. And keep in mind that when we get a president who has a set of *****, he would assist with the security of any embassy here in the U.S. if the situation arose. Libya did as much to help as Oblamer did and tehy probably told their forces to stand down, too.... or keep firing. Can't tell with the mudslimes these days.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:47 PM
Platoface
CF Senior Member

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

That has to be one of the most ****ing stupid mother ****ing posts Ive read on this board in recent memory.

Good lord thats some stupid ****.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:19 PM
Silverbullet00
CF Senior Member

Location: Norman Oklahoma - The Only State in the Union with no Blue Counties!
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Cybercowboy View Post
Because there was at least one AC-130U in theater. One that General Ham was going to use, along with the rapid response team he had assembled and was about to deploy before he was told to stand down. He said "The hell I am!" and about one minute later was relieved by his 2nd in command.

That's why.

Exactly right! Gen. Ham will eventually say the same!
Old 10-29-2012, 11:49 PM
virtue4u
CF Senior Member

Liked 14 Times in 11 Posts

Prolly cause it's not our airspace.
Oh, the oh so many attempts by the kook-aid drinkers to defend and excuse Dear Leader come to naught.

Originally Posted by 8388 View Post
Wasn't our airspace when Obama ordered our attack planes over there not that long ago.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:52 PM
Shlongor
CF Senior Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by jw38 View Post

Yes, but then again, obama wants to reduce our nuclear stockpile by 80% and eventually down to nothing (specifically Russia and us)... because only enlightened countries currently have (or soon will have) nukes. There has been no government-backed/military attack on America since Pearl Harbor. It's not because the world is stable (obviously) and it's not because everyone loves us (countries with far less hate but no nukes are constantly fighting invasive wars.)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Why Was the Navy Seal Painting The Mortar ???

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: