Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

Why Was the Navy Seal Painting The Mortar ???

Old 10-29-2012, 01:35 PM
GARYFINN
CF Senior Member

Location: S/W ,Fla-Ohio State Football isn't a matter of life or death,Its Much More serious than that
Liked 202 Times in 116 Posts
Default Why Was the Navy Seal Painting The Mortar ???

Any one know exactly how this works ??? Why would Tyrone Woods have been painting the Mortor if there were no assets in the sky ????
Old 10-29-2012, 01:38 PM
RetiredSFC 97
CF Senior Member

Liked 22 Times in 18 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10, '14

Excellent question
Old 10-29-2012, 01:40 PM
Cybercowboy
CF Senior Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Stealthy Puma Member
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Because there was at least one AC-130U in theater. One that General Ham was going to use, along with the rapid response team he had assembled and was about to deploy before he was told to stand down. He said "The hell I am!" and about one minute later was relieved by his 2nd in command.

That's why.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:42 PM
LTC Z06
Get Some!
Support Corvetteforum!

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Yep, you don't laz something unless you expect someone can see it. Now it could have been for the UAV to see it. In Afghanistan I would use my M4 rifle's IR laser to ID targets for the UAV, then the UAV would hit the target with its "dazzler" laser to confirm.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:44 PM
GARYFINN
CF Senior Member

Location: S/W ,Fla-Ohio State Football isn't a matter of life or death,Its Much More serious than that

Yes !! but my question is if there was not an asset in the sky or anywhere near the compound like the regime was saying then why was he painting the mortor.I know he wasn't painting it just for grins because I believe that would give away his position.

Last edited by GARYFINN; 10-29-2012 at 01:44 PM. Reason: c
Old 10-29-2012, 01:44 PM
Grumpy
MONARTOR

Liked 35 Times in 16 Posts
Cruise-In 5-6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-10-'11-12-'13-'14-'15-'16-17-'18
NCM Sinkhole Donor

one of our resident backbenchers will be along to show you the error of your thoughts
Old 10-29-2012, 01:47 PM
RC45
CF Senior Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cybercowboy View Post
Because there was at least one AC-130U in theater. One that General Ham was going to use, along with the rapid response team he had assembled and was about to deploy before he was told to stand down. He said "The hell I am!" and about one minute later was relieved by his 2nd in command.

That's why.
This act is why I have no faith that the 'military' would stand up to a catastrophic takeover and suspension of civil rights event by a corrupt regime.

For many decades other 'traitors' have been promoted within the command structure fo the military and on the day of such an event you have to hope and pray that more patriots than traitors are in positions of power.

The 2nd in command should not have obeyed the order to remove General Ham from command.

Such events are what corrupt regimes use as insurance against coup d'état attempts. That is how Africa is ruled.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:47 PM
GARYFINN
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Cybercowboy View Post

That's why.
Then its the General's Duty as an Honoable American to start talking.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:50 PM
Canis lupus
CF Senior Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

He would likely have been getting daily info on what is in the air, land and sea at his disposal. When we were other there a few decades ago we received that kind of info daily... even where the SSBN's were.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:51 PM
Sky Vette
CF Senior Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Likely that the ground operator knew that his painting was in sync with something up above. From transcripts he was heard to say at some point, "Where the he!! is the Spectre?"
Old 10-29-2012, 02:03 PM
ghostmech
CF Senior Member

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LTC Z06 View Post
Yep, you don't laz something unless you expect someone can see it. Now it could have been for the UAV to see it. In Afghanistan I would use my M4 rifle's IR laser to ID targets for the UAV, then the UAV would hit the target with its "dazzler" laser to confirm.
But like I said in the other thread....WHY would he specifically ask "Where the F*** is the Spectre?" if there wasn't one. Like you and others have said, he lazed the target expecting a Specter to hit it. He was specific in his request....he had to have been aware that there was one close by. But on a fall back....the UAV wasn't used either so who in the F*** left those guys out to dry? Petraeus has already denied it was anyone in the CIA so it was either DoD or the Kenyan administration.
Old 10-29-2012, 02:07 PM
Varmit
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Liked 43 Times in 37 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

well it should be no surprise that the coward in chief had a lot to do with it. He had no problems releasing the info on the UBL raid, I wonder if the raid to kill Bin Laden had gone sideways, would this snake have covered that up as well???

Last edited by Varmit; 10-29-2012 at 02:12 PM.
Old 10-29-2012, 02:08 PM
GARYFINN
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Varmit View Post
well it should be no surprise that the coward in chief had a lot to do with it. He had no problems releasing the info on the UBL raid, I wonder i the raid to kill Bin Laden had gone sideways, would this snake have covered that up as well???
You Betcha
Old 10-29-2012, 02:11 PM
dexter
CF Senior Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Old 10-29-2012, 02:14 PM
LTC Z06
Get Some!
Support Corvetteforum!

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GARYFINN View Post
Yes !! but my question is if there was not an asset in the sky or anywhere near the compound like the regime was saying then why was he painting the mortor.I know he wasn't painting it just for grins because I believe that would give away his position.
All the lasers are infrared, they can't be seen with the naked eye, it ain't like hollyweird.
Old 10-29-2012, 02:15 PM
LTC Z06
Get Some!
Support Corvetteforum!

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ghostmech View Post
But like I said in the other thread....WHY would he specifically ask "Where the F*** is the Spectre?" if there wasn't one. Like you and others have said, he lazed the target expecting a Specter to hit it. He was specific in his request....he had to have been aware that there was one close by. But on a fall back....the UAV wasn't used either so who in the F*** left those guys out to dry? Petraeus has already denied it was anyone in the CIA so it was either DoD or the Kenyan administration.
I haven't read the transcripts, didn't know he was calling for spectre.
Old 10-29-2012, 02:17 PM
Varmit
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08

where are the transcripts???
Old 10-29-2012, 02:18 PM
ghostmech
CF Senior Member

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LTC Z06 View Post
All the lasers are infrared, they can't be seen with the naked eye, it ain't like hollyweird.
We must assume the bad guys have some night vision capabilities nowadays too...they can and do obtain that stuff very easily. just sayin'
Old 10-29-2012, 02:19 PM
CF Senior Member

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by Varmit View Post
well it should be no surprise that the coward in chief had a lot to do with it. He had no problems releasing the info on the UBL raid, I wonder i the raid to kill Bin Laden had gone sideways, would this snake have covered that up as well???
A minute by minute of the UBL raid was released, (way too much info in fact) proving what BHO is all about.

Lets hope that BHO is removed Nov. 6th.
Old 10-29-2012, 02:25 PM
Varmit
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by 8388 View Post
A minute by minute of the UBL raid was released, (way too much info in fact) proving what BHO is all about.

Lets hope that BHO is removed Nov. 6th.
That is what I was getting at, he can paint himself a friggin hero, but runs like a cockroach when something like this happens. His administrations f'up got Agent Brian Terry killed, and it was covered up, now his incompetence had resulted in more people being killed and it is covered up. If the MSM (Pravada) had exposed the first situation, my guess is the second would not have happened as they would have provided the requested security!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Why Was the Navy Seal Painting The Mortar ???

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: