Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Off Topic > Politics, Religion & Controversy
Reload this Page >

Obama to Texas- You cannot arrest UN even if they violate Texas Law

Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

Obama to Texas- You cannot arrest UN even if they violate Texas Law

Old 10-29-2012, 04:22 PM
Dave1
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Liked 36 Times in 34 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Walford View Post
Why didn't Texas or anyone else make a fuss about the OSCE election observers when they were in San Antonio in 2008?

OSCE observers have been invited by Bush's State Department and Obama's ever two years since 2002.

What's different this time?
This time it was done by a black guy who isn't a republican.....
Old 10-29-2012, 04:23 PM
RC45
CF Senior Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Why didn't Texas or anyone else make a fuss about the OSCE election observers when they were in San Antonio in 2008?

OSCE observers have been invited by Bush's State Department and Obama's ever two years since 2002.

It appears you like being a frog in the water.

Little by little.

How about 'enough is enough'.

Originally Posted by Dave1 View Post
Do you regret you rvote for obama yet?
Old 10-29-2012, 04:29 PM
Juice-08
CF Senior Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

I see no justification for having UN observers watching for voter suppression in the United States. Their time would be much better spent in Iran, North Korea, and all the other countries that "elect" their leaders...

Now, if their goal was to observe how free elections are held, in order to promulgate them to other countries, sure, let 'em watch.
Old 10-29-2012, 04:30 PM
Zoomin
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Liked 120 Times in 99 Posts
2018 C2 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15, '19

Thank you Davey Wassermann Shultz for your inane observation.
calwldlife
CF Senior Member

Liked 77 Times in 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Juice-08 View Post
I see no justification for having UN observers watching for voter suppression in the United States. Their time would be much better spent in Iran, North Korea, and all the other countries that "elect" their leaders...

Now, if their goal was to observe how free elections are held, in order to promulgate them to other countries, sure, let 'em watch.
yup, just another difference that Dems can;t understand.
MY03Vette
CF Senior Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

As we publicized earlier this week, “United Nations-affiliated election monitors from Europe and central Asia will be at polling places around the U.S. looking for voter suppression activities by conservative groups.”
"Conservative groups"? They mean like the Black Panthers?

This is a joke and an outrage. Obama needs to be jailed for treating all citizens as criminals, guilty until proven innocent.
Old 10-29-2012, 04:37 PM
Mr D.
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Liked 228 Times in 211 Posts

I guess logical thinking and word comprehension were not strong suits during you’re studies at whatever liberal school you did or did not attend.

Go get another bucket of water for obama.
Old 10-29-2012, 04:39 PM
Red99SS
CF Senior Member

Liked 27 Times in 19 Posts

What evidence have they presented that there will be voter suppression by "conservative groups?"
Old 10-29-2012, 04:43 PM
Markm10431
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09,'13, '14

that's right Dave. throw the race card again. you commies are pathetically predictable
Old 10-29-2012, 04:43 PM
Markm10431
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09,'13, '14

Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
It appears you like being a frog in the water.

Little by little.

How about 'enough is enough'.

Do you regret you rvote for obama yet?
he's voting three times for him this year!
Old 10-29-2012, 04:47 PM
steve_n_houston
CF Senior Member

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

I have no problem with the folks coming down to observe free elections (something the majority are not likely exposed to in their own countries).

However, I expect that they will abide by the laws of the state in which they are observing. If that means no observers inside the polling places, so be it. They can stand outside.

If this isn't adequate, they can choose to stay home or go to jail. I'm fine with either choice.
Old 10-29-2012, 04:51 PM
AC54ME
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts
CI 6-7-8-9 Veteran
CI-VI Car Show Winner
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Hmmmmmm

Let's see if there is truth in the allegation the OSCE was in San Antonio, or even in Texas during 2008:

The 4 November 2008 elections in the United States clearly reflected the will of the people and demonstrated convincingly the country’s commitment to democracy, reported the OSCE PA Election Observation Mission.

At a press conference in Washington, D.C., on 6 November, OSCE PA President Joao Soares, who led the
Election Observation Mission, noted that “there has been a lack of trust in many parts of the world towards the U.S. election system, but Tuesday’s elections were a display in democracy and they regained trust in the American electoral system.”

In its Post-Election Statement, the OSCE PA noted that despite concerns expressed by some interlocutors
over the capacity to deal with record-high voter turnout, observers noted only minor problems, including long lines in some voting precincts and isolated cases of voting machines malfunctioning. In this regard, the observers particularly stressed the positive effects of early voting, which was offered in over 30 states. It also emphasized that further reforms would be beneficial in ensuring the smooth functioning of future U.S. elections. “The decentralized and highly diverse electoral system lacks uniform standards,” the OSCE PA noted. This creates “vulnerabilities in the system, particularly with regard to the integrity and complexity of voter registration, voter identification, and electronic voting machines.” The statement also recommends looking into the lack of secrecy of the vote, particularly with regard to the use of optical scanners.

OSCE PA Vice-President Pia Christmas-Moeller, who served as Deputy Head of the Mission, spoke about her experiences from her pre-visit to five different states as well as from her election observations in Cleveland, Ohio.

She noted the progress that has been made in the U.S. electoral system since 2004 but stressed that the decentralized election system can be a challenge for voters and officials.

The OSCE PA’s election observation mission fielded 95 observers, including 77 Members of Parliament from 28 countries. From the International Secretariat, the Mission was headed by Deputy Secretary General Tina Schoen and included seven other staff members. The OSCE PA established its full-time Mission on 12 October when Vice-President Christmas-Moeller began her pre-election observation tour. Prior to this, on 22-23 September, the OSCE PA held a two-day election seminar for almost 50 parliamentarians representing 17 countries in Washington D.C. with the assistance of the U.S. Delegation to the OSCE PA and the Helsinki Commission.

The PA observers deployed four days prior to Election Day to: Florida, North Carolina, Virginia, Maryland, Washington D.C., New Hampshire, Ohio, Missouri, New Mexico and Colorado.
PA Members observed early-voting in several states and met with key election officials as well as with
representatives of the main political parties in the states where they were deployed.
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...erQ8eLDWpqwhmg

Last edited by AC54ME; 10-29-2012 at 04:53 PM.
Old 10-29-2012, 04:55 PM
AC54ME
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts
CI 6-7-8-9 Veteran
CI-VI Car Show Winner
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Color is not the issue.

Down here we would do the same for a white communists.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:00 PM
Walford
CF Senior Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by steve_n_houston View Post
I have no problem with the folks coming down to observe free elections (something the majority are not likely exposed to in their own countries).

However, I expect that they will abide by the laws of the state in which they are observing. If that means no observers inside the polling places, so be it. They can stand outside.

If this isn't adequate, they can choose to stay home or go to jail. I'm fine with either choice.
Here's a paragraph from their final report on the 2008 election (pdf page 33):
OSCE/ODIHR LEOM observers could not follow election day proceedings in Alabama, Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Ohio and Texas because laws in these states do not allow access for non-party observers to polling stations. Furthermore, OSCE/ODIHR LEOM observers faced difficulties in gaining access to polling stations in some counties or specific polling stations in Colorado, Louisiana, Pennsylvania and Virginia.
Where has OSCE/ODIHR ever said that they intend to behave any differently this year in states like Texas than they have in any previous year?

For that matter, when did the OSCE/ODHIR ever say that they werre looking for voter suppression by conservative groups? When and where did they ever say they were looking for voter suppression at all?

I strongly suspect that line was entirely made up. Especially considering the OP's article is from Joe Miller, the guy who believes Obama gave away Copper Island to the Russians.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:01 PM
VETTRLZ
CF Senior Member

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Originally Posted by steve_n_houston View Post

THIS is the point. Observe, but follow the laws. Not hard to understand. IF the UN goons think they can do whatever they want in violation of state law, they should be taught a lesson.

Hang out, observe, do it legally, not a problem.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:15 PM
Walford
CF Senior Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

For your edification:

http://www.osce.org/odihr/74791

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
MID-TERM CONGRESSIONAL ELECTIONS
2 November 2010
OSCE/ODIHR Election Assessment Mission Final Report

(pg. 5, pdf pg. 7)

The DoJ is responsible for the monitoring and enforcement of federal election laws, including the VRA, HAVA, NVRA, UOCAVA and the MOVE Act. The DoJ maintains that its decisions to pursue or not pursue particular election cases are often the subject of allegations of political bias, from both sides of the political spectrum, which can affect the decisions it takes on particular matters. A recent situation apparently exemplifying this issue is an investigation by the US Commission on Civil Rights (USCCR) into DoJ actions in a case of alleged intimidation of white voters by New Black Panther Party activists in a Philadelphia polling station at the 2008 general elections.9 In 2009, the DoJ obtained an injunction and declaratory judgment for violation of Section 11(b) of the VRA10 against one individual but dropped charges against another individual and the party apparatus due to lack of evidence. The USCCR investigation was launched after allegations by a former DoJ official that the DoJ did not thoroughly pursue the case and that it does not support holding minorities accountable for intimidation of white voters.
Now tell me again how the ODIHR is only concerned with white, conservative voter intimidation?
Old 10-29-2012, 05:56 PM
694speed350
CF Senior Member

Liked 30 Times in 25 Posts

Dave look at it this way. Technically Obama isn't black he's half white. he's a mullito (or however you spell it). I'm so sick of the race card being played it isn't funny. As far as the UN why do they have to be involved? This is a national election not a world wide election. How about they send Jimmy Carter down to over see the elections would that make you happy?
Old 10-29-2012, 06:24 PM
94z07fx3
CF Senior Member

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I suspect that diplomatic status isn't proof from being arrested. It is only proof from being prosecuted. I believe the police can still detain someone and verify their papers. They can still remove diplomats from places they are not supposed to be. I don't think diplomatic status is a magical free pass. If it were then USSR "diplomats" would have gone into secured places all the time waiving their magic cards.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:55 PM
pewter99
Admin
Support Corvetteforum!

Liked 529 Times in 350 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

well see they are only looking for problems from one side not both so...theres the issue....sometimes when you do **** you know people don't like its best to do it without opening your big ****ing mouth first
Old 10-29-2012, 06:59 PM
Varmit
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Liked 43 Times in 37 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

what did the U. N. maggots do to stop the Black Panther Intimidation in Philly, or don't that count in Chairman Mao's "Little Red Book"

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Obama to Texas- You cannot arrest UN even if they violate Texas Law

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: