Notices
Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

Get on the S&P 500 train baby.

Old 01-04-2018, 07:09 AM
Jughead
Senior Member since 1492
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: 1.Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get me... 2.Build the WALL!
Received 120 Likes on 96 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

close yesterday 2714!!!

On its way to 3,000!
Old 01-04-2018, 08:17 AM
mike1944
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is the kind of crapola that froze my dad (raised during the depression) in fear. Even though he made good money - somebody told him 40 years ago that the stock market was going to crash and he put his money in saving accounts and inflation ate them alive. Refused to look at or learn about the stock market.

Somebody told him that housing was going to crash so when they sold our house they rented for the next 40 years.

When we put them in assisted living they had $7k in the bank and a 40 year old trailer. When he died at 98 he left my 95 year old mom literally penniless.

Last edited by mike1944; 01-04-2018 at 08:19 AM.
Old 01-04-2018, 08:46 AM
virtue4u
CF Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ant21b View Post
Not likely market is topping out.
In my opinion it is too high, but it has been "too high" for a long time and continues to climb.
Old 01-04-2018, 08:48 AM
KarlK
CF Senior Member

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by mike1944 View Post
This is the kind of crapola that froze my dad (raised during the depression) in fear. Even though he made good money - somebody told him 40 years ago that the stock market was going to crash and he put his money in saving accounts and inflation ate them alive. Refused to look at or learn about the stock market.

Somebody told him that housing was going to crash so when they sold our house they rented for the next 40 years.

When we put them in assisted living they had $7k in the bank and a 40 year old trailer. When he died at 98 he left my 95 year old mom literally penniless.
wow, that's a sad story...
Old 07-12-2019, 02:16 PM
Jughead
Senior Member since 1492
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: 1.Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get me... 2.Build the WALL!
Received 120 Likes on 96 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Took a while but might close above 3,000 today

Old 07-12-2019, 02:26 PM
CRUSHAH
CF Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Worst financial advice ever!!!

If you happen to watch the MSM..in this case FNC, they will tell you to dive in. it's their job
to fool you. They don't wear 2000.00 dollar suits for nothing. They get paid really well
to deceive the masses.

Take your fake worthless dollar and buy REAL money...gold and silver. Just my humble opinion.

Last edited by CRUSHAH; 07-12-2019 at 02:29 PM.
Old 07-12-2019, 02:55 PM
Richard Thomas
CF Senior Member

Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Originally Posted by CRUSHAH View Post

If you happen to watch the MSM..in this case FNC, they will tell you to dive in. it's their job
to fool you. They don't wear 2000.00 dollar suits for nothing. They get paid really well
to deceive the masses.

Take your fake worthless dollar and buy REAL money...gold and silver. Just my humble opinion.
Or heed some investing advice after doing your own DD, and invest in some options on the S&P and rake in profits. Just a humble fact over the past few days.

Also, if everyone actually knew what the market was going to do, they'd all be millionaires (or more) and not post on internet forums.
Old 07-12-2019, 02:57 PM
Mehfoud
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CRUSHAH View Post

to deceive the masses.

Gold is up only 7% over the last 5 years and silver is down 28% over that same timeframe. I have yet to hear a valid argument for having a majority position in precious metals outside of being a precious metals trader. I only see doom-and-gloom reasoning centered around the demise of the USA as a basis for buying. I do admit they are fun to look at and hold, but you sound like William Devane.
Old 07-12-2019, 11:23 PM
CRUSHAH
CF Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Richard Thomas View Post
Or heed some investing advice after doing your own DD, and invest in some options on the S&P and rake in profits. Just a humble fact over the past few days.

Also, if everyone actually knew what the market was going to do, they'd all be millionaires (or more) and not post on internet forums.

No doubt, that if you are market savvy, there is a ton of money to be made in a bear market,
but the fact is, the savvy only represents a few % of the population. Notice how FNC and CNBC and
everyone else in the MSM always tell you to jump in during peak markets. They don't talk about FOMO (Fear of mission out)
which causes people to make decisions using emotion only. We all know the basics, buy low and sell high. Buying
high doesn't make sense. Better to be patient, save your dollars, and buy when the market 'bottoms out'. They
on FNC and CNBC CAN NOT tell the public this.

The exact same advice was give by these charlatan's up until the day of the 2008 crash. Had people followed
some of the Financial analysts in the Alternative media, they could've avoided 30-80% losses.
Your average person with a 401k knows nothing about 'Shorting' markets.

Originally Posted by Mehfoud View Post
Gold is up only 7% over the last 5 years and silver is down 28% over that same timeframe. I have yet to hear a valid argument for having a majority position in precious metals outside of being a precious metals trader. I only see doom-and-gloom reasoning centered around the demise of the USA as a basis for buying. I do admit they are fun to look at and hold, but you sound like William Devane.
I'm not saying not to diversify, but when you talk about investing, you're talking about a lifetime of investment in your future.
You could always parse the #'s, but the farther you go back, you'll see the gold has far outperformed the markets.
Imagine if your family had brought gold when it was 35.00 an oz! Even around 2000 gold was 350.00-400.00 oz...
today gold is 1400.00+ an oz., and has been as high as 1900.00 oz in between 2011-2012.

Regarding all metals, but especially silver, it's been proven over and over that banks have been
suppressing the price of silver intentionally thru criminal means. But hey, since they own the govt and
politicians, nothing will ever be done about this. Also, having metals is more about
holding onto real money, just in case of emergency. Look at the values of FIAT currencies around
the world...as cheap as silver is today, if you had 1 oz., you could feed your family
for a month in Venezuela. This is true in many countries.

If Americans think that the crime and corruption at this level can go on forever, they will have
a rude awakening one day. You Think that some people in these countries with hyer-inflation
wished they had metals?? You bet they do.

Fact is, the dollar's continued debasement by the central banks will catch up with the US eventually.
Most countries today are making plans to get off of the swift system and get away
from the dollar. Everyone else sees the writing on the wall, except the US and it's
citizens...mostly because the MSM will NEVER tell you the truth.

This move to get away from the dollar has been going on for over a decade, and with
economic sanctions being ramped up by Trump, they see the need to de-dollarize
is even greater.

This is why china, Russia and every other country is stocking Gold. Perhaps
they know something you don't?? China just took in another 10 Tons.

Again, not saying that stocks are bad,..there is money to be made. But at the end
of the day, gold and silver is real money, has been for over 5000 years....paper is worthless. All FIAT currency
crashes at some point, it's the nature of central banking.

Last edited by CRUSHAH; 07-12-2019 at 11:35 PM.
Old 07-13-2019, 09:04 AM
Badger97
CF Senior Member

The economy will take a pause late this year into next and then a slight improvement before recession in 21 or 22. Then you’re going to see a “Roaring 20s” similar to the last roaring 20’s through the rest of the decade, followed by an actual depression around, oh, 2029-2031 or so. Sound familiar? It should.

bank on it
Old 07-13-2019, 10:54 AM
SPIVET
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oooh, another market timer.
Old 07-13-2019, 10:56 AM
Low12s
CF Senior Member

Location: Life isn't about waiting for the Storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the Rain.
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by KarlK View Post
wow, that's a sad story...
Dunno, If both Mom and Dad lived to mid 90's, they must have done something right!
Old 07-13-2019, 12:19 PM
Derrick Reynolds
CF Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15, '17-'18

Originally Posted by Jughead View Post
Took a while but might close above 3,000 today

SPY closed at 300.68 yesterday.

I wonder what the "Chief Technical Guru" mentioned above that was predicting a major crash when the index approached 2000 is saying now?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Get on the S&P 500 train baby.

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: