Trump’s Remarks on Pig’s Blood Elicits Challenge From Sister of Chapel Hill Victim - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

Trump’s Remarks on Pig’s Blood Elicits Challenge From Sister of Chapel Hill Victim

Old 02-22-2016, 04:57 PM   #1
Dominic Toretto
CF Senior Member

Default Trump’s Remarks on Pig’s Blood Elicits Challenge From Sister of Chapel Hill Victim

(MSN)Suzanne Barakat, the sister of a Muslim student killed alongside his wife and sister-in-law last year in an attack in North Carolina, challenged Donald J. Trump to meet with her after a speech in which he spoke approvingly of killing Islamic terrorists with bullets dipped in the blood of pigs.

Ms. Barakat, 28, said the comments and other anti-Muslim rhetoric from Mr. Trump, including a proposal to ban Muslims from entering the country, have contributed to an atmosphere of intolerance that she fears could have deadly consequences.

“It allows for the Average Joe to see Muslims the way Craig Hicks saw my brother and his wife of six weeks and her sister,” she said, referring to the man who killed her relatives last February. “As ‘The Other,’ as subhuman, because of their faith.”

Mr. Trump has not responded to Ms. Barakat’s invitation for a face-to-face meeting, she said. It was delivered on Saturday via Twitter, a platform the Republican presidential candidate has frequently used to telegraph his views and to attack people, places and things that he dislikes.

“Trump speaks as if he is the authority on American Muslims,” said Ms. Barakat. “Well, if you mean it then call me up and meet with me and let’s have a chat.”

Mr. Trump made his remarks about blood-dipped bullets at a rally on Friday in South Carolina, before winning the state’s Republican primary the next day.

Suzanne Barakat comforted her father, Namee Barakat, center, during a funeral service last year. © Brendan Smialowski/Agence France-Presse — Getty Images Suzanne Barakat comforted her father, Namee Barakat, center, during a funeral service last year. They came during a speech in which he repeated a questionable story told about Gen. John J. Pershing, an American Army leader of the late 19th and early 20th centuries. General Pershing, Mr. Trump said, used bullets dipped in pig’s blood to summarily execute dozens of Muslim prisoners in the Philippines, shortly after the Spanish-American War.

The story, which has circulated online for years, has been dismissed as unsupported by historical documentation or evidence by websites that fact-check Internet rumors. Mr. Trump used it to illustrate his call to push back with brutal force against both Islamic terrorism and political correctness.

“This is something you can read in the history books,” Mr. Trump told his supporters, adding, “Not a lot of history books, because they don’t like teaching it.”

According to Mr. Trump’s telling, Gen. Pershing brought an end to terrorism after he captured 50 terrorists and executed 49 of them with blood-soaked bullets. The general told the sole survivor, “ ‘You go back to your people and you tell them what happened,’ ” Mr. Trump said.

Gen. Pershing used pig’s blood, Mr. Trump said, because Muslims have “a whole thing with swine and animals and pigs, and you know the story — they don’t like them.”

The moral, Mr. Trump said, is, “We better start getting tough, and we better start getting vigilant and using our heads, or we’re not going to have a country, folks.”

Muslim-American groups reacted with horror to the remarks. Nihad Awad, the Executive Director of the Council on American-Islamic Relations said in a statement that Mr. Trump had “crossed the line from spreading hatred to inciting violence” in ways that placed Muslim-Americans “at risk from rogue vigilantes.”

A little more than a year ago, Ms. Barakat’s brother Deah, 23, was shot and killed at his home in Chapel Hill, N.C., alongside his wife, Yusor Abu-Salha, 21, and her sister, Razan Abu-Salha, 19. A neighbor, Craig Stephen Hicks, 46, turned himself in to police later that day.

Mr. Hicks was charged with three counts of murder, and federal authorities are investigating whether the killings constituted a hate crime. Mr. Hicks’ wife has said she believes he killed them over a dispute about parking.

In the year since their deaths Ms. Barakat, a physician in San Francisco, has spoken out repeatedly about the rise of anti-Muslim sentiment and met with President Obama at a round table for Muslim-Americans.

Ms. Barakat said Mr. Trump’s remarks, delivered not long after the one-year anniversary of the killings in Chapel Hill, were “a moment when I just said, ‘enough is enough.’”

“I want him to tell me to my face that he would ban someone like me if he were to become president of this country,” she said. “I want to show him pictures of Deah and Yusor and Razan and tell him about who they were and what they did. I want him to tell me to my face that I don’t belong here.”

-Alex
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 05:11 PM   #2
Wulverine
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
(MSN)Suzanne Barakat, the sister of a Muslim student killed alongside his wife and sister-in-law last year in an attack in North Carolina, challenged Donald J. Trump to meet with her after a speech in which he spoke approvingly of killing Islamic terrorists with bullets dipped in the blood of pigs.
-Alex
Why any "Peaceful" Muslim would take issue with that statement is hard to comprehend.
Wulverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 05:14 PM   #3
OnPoint
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanked 1,248 Times in 742 Posts

If they stop acting like animals, they'll stop getting treated like animals.

Pretty simple.
OnPoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 05:33 PM   #4
ls1121
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

she should call me I can tell her to her face what she wants to hear, and I won't have to travel far.
ls1121 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 05:39 PM   #5
BoostManiac
CF Senior Member

This reminds me, it's time to pick up some Jihawg ammo.
BoostManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 05:40 PM   #6
Platoface
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '11

More fluff for the LIV morons.

(they are coming, I can hear them)
Platoface is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 05:43 PM   #7
J Vette
CF Senior Member

Thats one of the smarter things Trump has said IMO.
FWIW, I'd have several jars of pigs blood on every plane, in every building and maybe fill a tanker with it and drop it on the ISIS territory and headquarters
J Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 05:58 PM   #8
doorgunner
Doorgunner's '68 Project
Support Corvetteforum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulverine View Post
Why any "Peaceful" Muslim would take issue with that statement is hard to comprehend.
It MIGHT be time for American Muslims to start marching by the droves.......

In support of America....and in Defiance of Islamic TERRORISTS.
doorgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 06:14 PM   #9
Dominic Toretto
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnPoint View Post

Pretty simple.
Don't insult animals please.

-Alex
Old 02-22-2016, 06:21 PM   #10
1%r
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
St. Jude Donor '03 through '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorgunner View Post
It MIGHT be time for American Muslims to start marching by the droves.......

In support of America....and in Defiance of Islamic TERRORISTS.
Never going to happen as they all worship Islam which is the bedrock cornerstone religion of the muzzie community.
1%r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 06:25 PM   #11
gs568
CF Senior Member

Pound sand.
gs568 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 06:26 PM   #12
VITE1
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
Cruise-In X Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

Location: Port St Lucie FL Life is hard, Then you die, FL USA

Quote:

Pretty simple.
VITE1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 06:32 PM   #13
SteveL2
CF Senior Member

Trump's words would be meaningless, were they not preceded by endless Muslim terrorist murders. Have your chats first with those folks, then get back to us.
SteveL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 06:39 PM   #14
78SA
CF Senior Member

Time for Trump to hire a fact checker.
78SA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 06:41 PM   #15
VITE1
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
Cruise-In X Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

Location: Port St Lucie FL Life is hard, Then you die, FL USA

Did Suzanne Barakat make announcements and demand justice whenever a hostage of ISIS was beheaded? Did she write MSN and tell them she is against the rape of 10 year old girls? Did she go on the air when they rampaged in Paris?

I don't think so.
VITE1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 06:45 PM   #16
leadfoot4
CF Senior Member

Quote:

Pretty simple.
leadfoot4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 06:52 PM   #17
Dominic Toretto
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VITE1 View Post
Did Suzanne Barakat make announcements and demand justice whenever a hostage of ISIS was beheaded? Did she write MSN and tell them she is against the rape of 10 year old girls? Did she go on the air when they rampaged in Paris?

I don't think so.
Why would she? She approves and enjoys watching the terrorism. Well to civilized nations it's terrorism. To Muslims, it's fun in the sun.

-Alex
Go Back   CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion >
Reload this Page
  • Trump’s Remarks on Pig’s Blood Elicits Challenge From Sister of Chapel Hill Victim
  •