College Says Only Blacks Are Allowed To Be Late To Class For Insane Reason - Page 2 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

College Says Only Blacks Are Allowed To Be Late To Class For Insane Reason

Old 04-21-2017, 07:02 AM   #21
skar
CF Senior Member

They cant fire me I am black.
I would be fired for it.
skar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 07:08 AM   #22
NBM LS1 M6
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Location: I helped our former POSOTUS return the wealth of America to its rightful owners one parcel of real estate at a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexde1 View Post
Hope these people don't ever have to punch a time clock because time clock don't give a ****.

NBM LS1 M6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 08:32 AM   #23
leadfoot4
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikiman View Post
Whatever. These people will, presumably, hit the real world one day.

And it will bite them in the ***.

But then they scream all sorts of bloody hell about "discrimination", and if that doesn't work, they'll start rioting, until the PC crowd cowers in the corner..............and American life falls another notch or two......
leadfoot4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 08:40 AM   #24
VITE1
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
Cruise-In X Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

Location: Port St Lucie FL Life is hard, Then you die, FL USA

Yet another example of the American educational systems failure.
VITE1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 08:43 AM   #25
jcharity
CF Senior Member

***** that want to hate on black people will believe anything that's negative.

Even if this ridiculous story is somewhat credible, which I doubt, no policy changes can be implemented without white approval.
jcharity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 09:02 AM   #26
virtue4u
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMMAN View Post
Gosh it would seem to me that’s its extremely raciest for the university to claim that either black people are too stupid or too lazy be on time.
But that is exactly what they are doing.
Dem Libs are constantly telling blacks they cannot compete.
Thus, affirmative action.
virtue4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 09:05 AM   #27
pewter99
Auctioneer Administrator
Support Corvetteforum!
Tampa Regional Coordinator
C6 of Month Finalist 2015
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcharity View Post
***** that want to hate on black people will believe anything that's negative.

Even if this ridiculous story is somewhat credible, which I doubt, no policy changes can be implemented without white approval.
well....https://www.google.com/search?q=clem...utf-8&oe=utf-8
pewter99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 09:09 AM   #28
65Z01
CF Senior Member
Cruise-In II Veteran

Quote:
That's REAL racism right there, this is what white liberals really think of black people.
If this story is true and if blacks don't revolt/riot over such blatant racism they really are as stupid/inept as libbies keep telling them that they are.
65Z01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 09:12 AM   #29
dpd3672
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

I'll never understand how me wearing a white t-shirt is some kind of "microaggression," but a leftie saying blacks are too stupid to tell time, or too irresponsible to stick to a commitment is A-OK.
dpd3672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 09:23 AM   #30
6spdC6
CF Senior Member

Location: A little town on the shores of the Great Sacandaga Lake in the "Peoples Republic" of upper NY state http://www.visitsacandaga.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red99SS View Post
At least now "n*gger time" is officially a thing, cause we've ALL known for YEARS that it was. You want a black person to show up at 10, you tell them 8:30.
When I was a foreman or job Stewart on a construction job I keep track of "the chronically late people" Put their names in a book and logged their time in and out. That included start and finish of job day, days missed with normally no phone call and lunch time in & out. After a bunch of warnings they would be canned.The only ones that made a issue was one particular minority. Many times they would get a big mouth politician, or community person or preacher to demand they get their job back. Showed them my (CYA) book and the amount of effort done to reform the late people and they normally just went away, a bit mad but they went away.

Last edited by 6spdC6; 04-21-2017 at 09:26 AM.
6spdC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 09:55 AM   #31
LoganExplosion
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89Roadster View Post
And people wonder why there's racism....

You'd think blacks would be raising 10 kinds of hell about being held to a lower standard. That's REAL racism right there, this is what white liberals really think of black people.
Couldn't have said it better myself.
LoganExplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 09:58 AM   #32
BoostManiac
CF Senior Member

Liberals to blacks:

You are inferior to whites and can't compete. Therefore, let us help you. Just stay on the plantation, ok?
BoostManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:21 AM   #33
Thud
CF Senior Member

OP's headline is misleading... naturally, it takes a bit of effort to read beyond the sensational blog headlines (and readers of those blogs generally don't expend such effort), so the origin of this story takes some clicking through.

OP's article is a blog of course, but cites another blog as the source; the source for that blog is yet another blog, the source for that blog is a tabloid (Daily Caller), and the Daily Caller finally links to the original blog posting.
OP's source is 4 steps removed from the original source and things got a little lost in translation.

Here's the original posting:

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=9034

Here is the relevant section:

Quote:
On another slide, a character named Alejandro schedules a 9:00 a.m. meeting between two groups of foreign professors and students. The first group arrived fifteen minutes early, while the second arrived ten minutes late. According to the answers, it is wrong for Alejandro to “politely ask the second group to apologize,” or explain that “in our country, 9:00 a.m. means 9:00 a.m.”

Rather, the slide says that Alejandro should “recognize cultural differences that may impact the meeting and adjust accordingly,” and understand “that his cultural perspective regarding time is neither more nor less valid than any other.”
Yes, this is rather silly IMO. However, there is absolutely no mention of blacks, or even of race, just "culture."

Naturally, I was curious which cultures have this notion of time-- since none of the bloggers bothered to do that research, I did!

Turns out that it seems to be a Brazilian thing.

http://ngl.cengage.com/assets/downlo...today_3_su.pdf

Quote:
The explanation for these differences is complicated. People from Brazilian
and North American cultures have different feelings about lateness. In Brazil,
the students believe that a person who usually arrives late is probably more
successful than a person who is always on time. In fact, Brazilians expect a
person with status or prestige to arrive late, while in the United States lateness
is usually considered to be disrespectful and unacceptable.
Consequently, if a
Brazilian is late for an appointment with a North American, the American may
misinterpret the reason for the lateness and become angry.
It also goes on to state that it's also customary to stay late as well.

Now, I fully agree that American norms should be honored by foreigners in most cases, especially if they are here long term. I mean, we're expected to study the customs of other cultures before traveling abroad, aren't we?

HOWEVER, the filtering through multiple blogs (grapevine effect) has created a false narrative that this is about blacks.

Last edited by Thud; 04-21-2017 at 10:26 AM.
Thud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:37 AM   #34
Suns_PSD
CF Senior Member

This seems like as good of a place *** any to add that my dad just did an Ancestry genetic test.

He is about a 1/4 black from 2 different North African Countries, about a 1/4 Jewish, and about half Irish. All 3 groups have a history of systematic repression, so ******* what?

Not at all surprised about the black ethnicity in there based on some physical features and dad's ability to get a killer tan. Kind of fun to know.
Suns_PSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 11:13 AM   #35
jcharity
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thud View Post
OP's headline is misleading... naturally, it takes a bit of effort to read beyond the sensational blog headlines (and readers of those blogs generally don't expend such effort), so the origin of this story takes some clicking through.

OP's article is a blog of course, but cites another blog as the source; the source for that blog is yet another blog, the source for that blog is a tabloid (Daily Caller), and the Daily Caller finally links to the original blog posting.
OP's source is 4 steps removed from the original source and things got a little lost in translation.

Yes, this is rather silly IMO. However, there is absolutely no mention of blacks, or even of race, just "culture."

Naturally, I was curious which cultures have this notion of time-- since none of the bloggers bothered to do that research, I did!

Now, I fully agree that American norms should be honored by foreigners in most cases, especially if they are here long term. I mean, we're expected to study the customs of other cultures before traveling abroad, aren't we?

HOWEVER, the filtering through multiple blogs (grapevine effect) has created a false narrative that this is about blacks.
Excellent research. Let the facts be known.
jcharity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 11:34 AM   #36
Zoomin
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcharity View Post

But

The notion that minorities are to be excused for certain behaviors is Obama's legacy. That's a fact as well.
Zoomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 11:42 AM   #37
Mike98SilVert
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VITE1 View Post
Yet another example of the American educational systems failure.

Lib logic =

Last edited by Mike98SilVert; 04-21-2017 at 11:43 AM.
Mike98SilVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 11:45 AM   #38
X-ZZ4
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
Cruise-In II Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walford View Post
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcharity

I was skeptical as well. But as Walford showed, there are urban references. So it's not completely made up.

But I agree it is a culture thing, not a race thing. The first thing that came to my mind when I read this wasn't CPT. Being in the tech industry, it was IPT.....Indian People Time. I've heard many Indians jokingly refer to just that...especially between themselves. They seem to be very punctual at work for meetings and stuff....but apparently...outside of work for social events and such IPT is real and a well know phenomena.

Last edited by X-ZZ4; 04-21-2017 at 11:46 AM.
X-ZZ4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 12:06 PM   #39
tikiman
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11

The next time I am late for something, I will simply state that I am channeling "my inner blackness". Liberals will weep openly at my feet. I wouldn't be surprised if Ebony magazine gave me an award.
tikiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 12:07 PM   #40
shor0814
CF Senior Member

Quote:

Keep researching, it isn't just Brazilians. I have worked in many countries around the world and a surprising number have some concept of "[name of country] standard time" where lateness is just normal.
shor0814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion >
Reload this Page
  • College Says Only Blacks Are Allowed To Be Late To Class For Insane Reason
  •