You Canít Fire Bill OíReilly - Page 3 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

You Canít Fire Bill OíReilly

Old 04-21-2017, 01:17 PM   #41
Peva
CF Senior Member

I wonder if he has a non-compete clause in the settlement. Not meaning that he couldn't work for another outlet - that would never be enforced in court, but that he couldn't start his own network.
Peva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 01:28 PM   #42
SLWRNU
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystal View Post
No they won't.......... FOX will probably see no decline in ratings at all.

The reason FOX does so well vs the others is because they are the only thing on TV of size that isn't decidedly Liberal. The country is pretty split between a Liberal and Conservative BIAS.

MSNBC, CNN and all the Net work news from more traditional CBS, ABC and NBC are fighting for that 50% that identifies as LIBERAL and watches cable......a shrinking group of younger potential viewers makes this even tougher for them. An awful lot of young people today don't even bother with cable.

Meanwhile FOX is just about your only choice if you lean to the right........it's certainly just about all you've got on Cable. Then there is the demographic picture of Conservatives who tend to be older and more likely to be a cable or satellite subscriber....

It all adds up to FOX dominating with or without Bill.
Can not disagree more. My main exposure to Fox was O'Reilly and, sometimes the Five. Others are too far right, and consequently, somewhat predictable, re. boring. And I consider myself to be more of a traditionalist rather than right or left.
With O'Reilly gone and the changes at the Five I will no longer tune in to FNC. It will be interesting to see what happens.
SLWRNU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 01:56 PM   #43
the kid C6
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooter Tech View Post
Maybe he was a bully, but he did expose the hypocrisy of the left and challenged them on their views. He exposed the stupidity of many of his guests, by just letting the blabber. If that is being a bully so be it. How many Geraldo riverias (SP) can a news channel support?
Bill didn't let guests blabber on, though -- it was the No Spin zone. He kept bringing them back to the question, instead of letting them sell their agenda.

With so many people cutting the cord, Bill may show up on another media outlet. Sirius? Netflix?

I know Dana Perino is like watching paint dry (nothing against paint).
the kid C6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 02:21 PM   #44
Rexde1
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zrxmax View Post
All you have to do now is tune into OAN and the ledger report with Graham Ledger. If your cable provider doesn't have it go to Kloud TV and subcribe for $7.99 a month.

Its well worth is... Here is a great example of how Graham disembowels Obummer for all his nonsense and lies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQFGYjoO9tE
And Liz Wheeler.
Rexde1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 02:25 PM   #45
jmc12
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBIRD57 View Post
imo not the words i'd have used. more just a long rambling harangue, which hopefully made him feel better.

geez! he still has 3hrs of rush and hannity and coulter and ingraham and
FOX and FRIENDS.

maybe HBO will pick up BILL.

And every word the truth.

Would not have expected any less from you..
jmc12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 02:53 PM   #46
jerrybramlett
CF Senior Member

Default Unbelieveable

It's hard to imagine someone paying $13 million to settle alleged "discrimination" lawsuits over sexual harassment that doesn't involve touching or asking for sexual favors.

I can understand Fox firing him for being a jerk... I think that's provable in court. But I just don't get the sexual harassment angle. There just HAS to be more to this than has been made public.
jerrybramlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 08:26 PM   #47
Randy G.
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLWRNU View Post
Can not disagree more. My main exposure to Fox was O'Reilly and, sometimes the Five. Others are too far right, and consequently, somewhat predictable, re. boring. And I consider myself to be more of a traditionalist rather than right or left.
With O'Reilly gone and the changes at the Five I will no longer tune in to FNC. It will be interesting to see what happens.
Same here. Only time we watched FNC was on the DVR to catch O'Reilly. Now we watch "Diner's, Drive-Ins and Dives," "House Hunters," "Property Brothers" or "Love-it or List-it."
Randy G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 08:29 PM   #48
blaforce
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Quote:
That is my exact viewing habit. Tucker is OK, but I can only take a little bit of the liberal BS spouted out by his guests.
blaforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 10:21 AM   #49
leadfoot4
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrybramlett View Post
It's hard to imagine someone paying $13 million to settle alleged "discrimination" lawsuits over sexual harassment that doesn't involve touching or asking for sexual favors.

I can understand Fox firing him for being a jerk... I think that's provable in court. But I just don't get the sexual harassment angle. There just HAS to be more to this than has been made public.
leadfoot4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 12:22 PM   #50
jerrybramlett
CF Senior Member

Default The full (alleged) story

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...leness-w477663

I know this is a liberal source, but the accounting squares with other on-line sources I found.

The meat of the $13 million in past settlements is the $9 - $10 million paid to his former producer in 2004. Her allegations were supposedly backed up with recordings of his obscene phone calls. I don't know why she didn't just hang up on him. She argued that she feared for her future at FOX.
jerrybramlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 06:13 PM   #51
LarsAtTheBeach
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

Quote:

If you intentionally or unintentionally flirted or made a comment to a woman at work...

And she is as going to blow it up and wast a lot of your time and money. But will walk away for 1300 bucks...I bet you'd write the check.

Your $1300 = BillO's $13million
LarsAtTheBeach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 11:06 PM   #52
vetteshop
Supporting Vendor
St. Jude Donor '13

Quote:
Actually,It is quite simple to imagine if you have 100's of millions and 2 children you might want to protect.
vetteshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 11:41 PM   #53
Low12s
CF Senior Member

Location: Life isn't about waiting for the Storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the Rain.

Quote:
Without OReilly, I turn the station after 5 minutes. Big mistake in judging the American people - AGAIN.
Low12s is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion >
Reload this Page
  • You Canít Fire Bill OíReilly
  •