Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Off Topic > Politics, Religion & Controversy
Reload this Page >

Global warming cult members are choosing not to reproduce

Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

Global warming cult members are choosing not to reproduce

Old 02-05-2018, 05:00 PM
NBM LS1 M6
CF Senior Member

Location: I helped our former POSOTUS return the wealth of America to its rightful owners one parcel of real e
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Originally Posted by ifitgoesfast View Post
The irony is karmic in that they’ve trumped themselves out of existence using the theory of evolution to apply the theory of manmade global warming.
Old 02-05-2018, 05:03 PM
Grumpy
MONARTOR

Cruise-In 5-6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-10-'11-12-'13-'14-'15-'16-17-'18
NCM Sinkhole Donor

so, how much does a
lecturer at the Metropolitan State University of Denver
make?
Old 02-05-2018, 05:07 PM
SilverC1
CF Senior Member

This is good news. It represents one of the few indications that we, as a civilization, may be able to stave off, or at least delay, the "de-evolution" scenario that was depicted so well in the movie "idiocracy". Even if we have to endure some pretty idiotic things along the way....
Old 02-05-2018, 06:32 PM
VETTRLZ
CF Senior Member

Well, I can respect their decision in that they are leading by example.

Old 02-05-2018, 10:11 PM
xwing
CF Senior Member

Good! But too bad liberals reproduce asexually anyway. They do it through the schools, which the eco-nuts already control... And the brainwash everyone else's children.

Last edited by xwing; 02-05-2018 at 10:11 PM.
Old 02-06-2018, 05:32 AM
Gunsmith
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by xwing View Post
Good! But too bad liberals reproduce asexually anyway. They do it through the schools, which the eco-nuts already control... And the brainwash everyone else's children.
Old 02-06-2018, 05:43 AM
theandies
CF Senior Member

Location: "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

Originally Posted by SilverC1 View Post
This is good news. It represents one of the few indications that we, as a civilization, may be able to stave off, or at least delay, the "de-evolution" scenario that was depicted so well in the movie "idiocracy". Even if we have to endure some pretty idiotic things along the way....
Old 02-06-2018, 08:09 AM
Turbodude
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by tiojames View Post
Too bad the muzzies aren't following that idea.
Liberalism is a much more dangerous problem for the USA than radical islamism.
Old 02-06-2018, 08:38 AM
dmaxx3500
CF Senior Member

thank god
Old 02-06-2018, 08:58 AM
BobG
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
so, how much does a
lecturer at the Metropolitan State University of Denver
make?

If you are basing it on intelligence and truthful knowledge that can be passed on to others? WAY WAY WAY too much!!
Old 02-06-2018, 09:02 AM
danziger
CF Senior Member

At least they are (supposedly) walking the walk.
Old 02-06-2018, 12:19 PM
viperZ06
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

good, maybe the next generation will not have to deal with the offspring of some of the morons we have to deal with these days.
Old 02-06-2018, 12:47 PM
virtue4u
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Chuck72 View Post
Natural selection.

Once again, the LIbs prove that nature has a natural way of taking care of the planet.

Last edited by virtue4u; 02-06-2018 at 12:47 PM.
Old 02-06-2018, 01:47 PM
RRBob
CF Senior Member

This explains it all....

Last edited by RRBob; 02-06-2018 at 01:49 PM. Reason: wrong video
Old 02-06-2018, 10:25 PM
Markm10431
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08-'09,'13, '14
Default The insanity of the don't-have-kids climate change fearmongers

The insanity of the don't-have-kids climate change fearmongers: They claim to believe in science but fall for dystopian sci-fi

When most of us begin to think about family planning, we consider one or more of the following questions:

Am I responsible enough to have a child?

Can I afford it?

Will my partner and I be loving parents?

We are not thinking, But what if the world were to end?

According to an agonizingly earnest story in Monday’s New York Times, some millennials are, in fact, making family planning decisions based on fears of catastrophic climate change, overpopulation and pollution — in short, based on dystopian science-fiction depictions of end times and the hyperventilating junk science that has come to inform some climate change zealots.

All of this, ultimately, is very, very bad for science.

Before getting to that, let’s start with the Times’ claims about this so-called trend. They’re dubious off the bat.

For one, the report surveys a population of “more than a dozen people ages 18 to 43,” while acknowledging “few, if any” studies have determined the role climate change plays in childbearing decisions.

I could probably find more than a dozen people to say they had kids just to ritually sacrifice them on a pagan altar. That wouldn’t make it a trend.

On top of that, the Times report attempts to suggest this non-trend might have something to do with our falling birth rate, which is, to put it politely, laughable. There are dozens of explanations for the fact that Americans are having fewer kids overall, including heightened economic insecurity, increased education amongst younger populations and a delaying of motherhood. In fact, as fertility treatments have advanced, birth rates among women 40-44 are rising.

But let’s set all that aside for a minute and believe that this group of at least 13 people who say they are personally contributing to the declining birth rate because they’re worried about climate change are worth paying attention to. What, exactly, are their fears?

Here they are, in their own words:

“I don’t want to give birth to a kid wondering if it’s going to live in some kind of ‘Mad Max’ dystopia,” said one, while admitting, if it weren’t for climate change, she would go off birth control tomorrow.

Another expressed worries that parts of the planet will imminently be too hot for human habitation.

“I’ve seen how Syrian refugees, who are running from a devastating war, are being treated,” she said. “Imagine how my children will be treated if they have to flee their country due to extreme weather, drought, lack of resources, flooding.”

“Animals are disappearing,” said another. “The oceans are full of plastic. The human population is so numerous, the planet may not be able to support it indefinitely.”

In a hilarious twist betraying the very premise of the Times story, this woman had not one but two children — because of these fears.

“Someday, my husband and I will be gone,” she said. “If my daughter has to face the end of the world as we know it, I want her to have her brother there.”

It’s hard to imagine anyone deciding not to have children, fighting millions of years of evolution — and the irresistible adorableness of Baby Gap clothing — because they truly believe the “end of the world as we know it” is less than a generation away.

This isn’t predicated on science, to be sure, but on a rash of fiery and fatalistic pseudo-scientific rhetoric that’s scared who knows how many into making bad economic decisions, and at least a few people into childlessness.

There are the hysterical climate change non-scientists, like Bill Maher, who routinely blurts out scary-sounding non-facts on his weekly show like, “We could lose Florida,” thanks to climate change.

He also rings alarm bells about pollution non-problems, like “pipes carrying natural gas in this country that are made out of wood.” That’s not true, but it sure sounds bad.

And then there are science “celebrities” like astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson, who used Hurricanes Irma and Harvey to warn our favorite vacation spots will soon disappear: “Our greatest cities are on the oceans and water’s edges,” and “as storms kick in, as water levels rise, they are the first to go.”

Yet science is not at all settled on the link between climate change and hurricanes. As one climate scientist puts it, “Determining the role of climate change in increasing or decreasing the present and future likelihood of a rain storm like Harvey presents a challenge.”

Another in this genre is Bill Nye, who has asked if we need “policies that penalize people for having extra kids in the developed world” to address overpopulation, a problem science has largely dismissed as science fiction because, well, we aren’t anywhere close to running out of resources.

Nye has also said he might be willing to consider jail time for climate deniers.

This is not science, folks. Neither are movies like “Angels and Demons,” “The Day After Tomorrow,” “Mad Max: Fury Road” or “Geostorm.”

And yet the scare-tactic overreach of some climate alarmists has plenty believing we are at death’s door as a civilization.

If you believe climate change is real and that we should be having smart conversations about how to best address it — and I do — this isn’t helping, not a bit.

As for procreating, climate change is no reason not to have kids. But if you truly think it might be, best not to. The real world is far scarier.
Old 02-06-2018, 11:30 PM
65Z01
CF Senior Member

Cruise-In II Veteran

“I don’t want to give birth to a kid wondering if it’s going to live in some kind of ‘Mad Max’ dystopia,” said one, while admitting, if it weren’t for climate change, she would go off birth control tomorrow.
With that kind of idiocy lets hope she never spreads her defective genes...
Old 02-07-2018, 12:12 AM
Torqaholic
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '09

I don’t want to give birth to a kid wondering if it’s going to live in some kind of ‘Mad Max’ dystopia
I played that game on the computer and thought it was a lot of fun
Old 02-07-2018, 12:15 AM
jasper711
CF Senior Member

Folks that stupid don't deserve kids, and will find themselves living more and more disjointed from reality as their minds spin up ever greater concerns.

In the meantime, for each north american or western European young couple that is choosing out, there are DOZENS of third world breeders eager to fill all space with offspring totally oblivious to environmental concern.
Old 03-13-2019, 10:49 AM
Jughead
Senior Member since 1492
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: 1.Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get me... 2.Build the WALL!
St. Jude Donor '09

muslums, africans and mesican's don't give 2 *****.
Old 03-13-2019, 10:59 AM
Sifu-TZ
CF Senior Member

This is a smart move, only made better if the far ends of both spectrums get on board.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Global warming cult members are choosing not to reproduce

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: