Do Christians Have a Future in LGBTQ America? - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

Do Christians Have a Future in LGBTQ America?

Old 06-20-2018, 07:29 AM
Trainman-2
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Do Christians Have a Future in LGBTQ America?

Star Parker
Posted: Jun 20, 2018 12:01 AM

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent the views of Townhall.com.

If It's Okay for Military Heroes, Why Isn't It Okay for Illegal Aliens?
In 2014, high-tech executive and CEO of Mozilla Brendan Eich was forced to resign from the company he helped found and build, because he made a $1,000 contribution to support traditional marriage in the California marriage referendum.

According to accounts, Eich was subject to vicious attacks through social media for his contribution in the marriage campaign.

Mozilla chairwoman, Mitchell Baker, observed, "Mozilla believes in both equality and freedom of speech. Equality is necessary for meaningful speech. And you need free speech to fight for equality. Figuring out how to stand for both at the same time can be hard."

That Mozilla's chairwoman could offer such a confused, vacuous explanation for Eich's dismissal sheds light on why the overall state of affairs in the country is such a mess.

Free speech is not about equality. Free speech is about the pursuit of truth. The equality necessary for free speech is equality under the law, where everyone receives equal protection. But when politics is the aim rather than truth, objective law protecting free expression gets flushed, and political operatives, like Baker, determine who lives and who dies.

Two years earlier, Crystal Dixon, a black Christian woman, was fired from her human resources position at the University of Toledo because she penned an op-ed for the local newspaper, challenging the proposition that the gay rights movement is a new chapter of the black, civil rights movement.

Carefully reasoned discourse -- which is what Dixon offered in her fatal op-ed -- is not welcome in a politicized society, because the pursuit of truth is no longer relevant. Only behavior consistent with predetermined political ends is.

This slippery slope leads in one direction. Less freedom and more oppression. Exactly what our nation is not supposed to be about.

It shouldn't surprise us, then, that Gay Pride Month has become a time for LGBTQ storm troopers to pursue political enemies. Not much different from the infamous Kristallnacht in **** Germany, when **** brown shirts took to the streets to smash windows of shops owned by Jews.

Thus among the stories of this Gay Pride Month:

Another high-tech executive, the CEO of Twitter, with an estimated net worth of $5 billion, was forced to offer a social media apology for eating a chicken sandwich in Chick-fil-A. Patronizing a fast-food establishment whose CEO is a devout Christian, with the temerity to have criticized the Supreme Court decision legalizing same-sex marriage, is a high crime in the eyes of the LGBTQ judges and jury.

Russell Berger, chief knowledge officer of CrossFit, was fired for tweeting his support of a company decision to cancel participation of a CrossFit gym in Indianapolis in Gay Pride Month events. Berger, a seminary trained pastor, was perhaps excessively inflammatory because he used the word "sin." If there is any "sin" in today's politicized America, it is to claim that sin, in the biblical sense, exists.

A Muslim Uber driver was fired for asking two lesbian passengers to leave his car after they began kissing and embracing.

Last year, my office in Washington had to temporarily close because of threats when, in a cable TV interview, I equated the LGBTQ rainbow flag to the confederate flag. From my point a view, it's a totally reasonable assertion. As a black American, the Confederate flag communicates to me that I am not welcome. As a Christian American, the rainbow flag communicates to me that I am not welcome.

According to a recent Gallup survey, 41 percent of Americans identify as evangelical Christians. Will the course of events in LGBTQ-controlled America preclude them from shopping, working, speaking, existing in our nation's public spaces?

The preamble of our constitution says that "We the people" establish this constitution in order to "secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity."

The direction of events indicates that "our posterity" has much to be concerned about.

https://townhall.com/columnists/star...erica-n2492355
Old 06-20-2018, 07:59 AM
Mcrider
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

The tide is already turning. Courts have started to right themselves and state that crotches don't have rights.

I don't have to tolerate, nor accept the premise that guys who suck **** are normal. Most people don't,
Old 06-20-2018, 08:19 AM
65Z01
CF Senior Member

Cruise-In II Veteran

Do Christians Have a Future in LGBTQ America?
As do atheists and any other groups who have enough brain power to realize that these precious "alphabet" groups exemplify libbie insanity and need be tossed onto the trash heap upon which they belong.
Old 06-20-2018, 08:21 AM
Sifu-TZ
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Mcrider View Post
The tide is already turning. Courts have started to right themselves and state that crotches don't have rights.

I don't have to tolerate, nor accept the premise that guys who suck **** are normal. Most people don't,
Good for you, I guess we donít have to tolerate that some people have imaginary friends and their super cereal about it.
Old 06-20-2018, 08:27 AM
BoostManiac
CF Senior Member

Location: Deplorable 160 Proof Olde Anglo-Saxon in Atlanta, GA

ider;1597442514]The tide is already turning. Courts have started to right themselves and state that crotches don't have rights.

I don't have to tolerate, nor accept the premise that guys who suck **** are normal. Most people don't,[/QUOTE]

The media would have you believe that virtually all Americans not only accept but EMBRACE homosexuality as normal and even fashionable.

It's a LIE.

The media would also have you believe that virtually all couples are interracial now. When is the last time you saw a lily White (or especially, curse them----BLONDE!! ) White couple or family? I haven't seen such a commercial in a few years.

Another LIE.

It's almost as if someone is attempting to manipulate Americans.
Old 06-20-2018, 11:09 AM
Mcrider
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
Good for you, I guess we donít have to tolerate that some people have imaginary friends and their super cereal about it.
I honestly don't give a **** about what you or your kind think. You make up such an insignificant part of America that you are truly irrelevant. Your only voice is online, and even here people laugh at you.

Old 06-20-2018, 11:19 AM
30YR W8T
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: "Don't expect to build up the weak by pulling down the strong." Calvin Coolidge

What you do have to accept is the First Amendment whether you like it or not. The First Amendment ensures that people have the freedom to believe how they see fit, including believing in a creator or believing it just happened and people are the miraculous result of luck and chance winning an impossible lottery.
Old 06-20-2018, 11:22 AM
CuZ06
CF Senior Member

I honestly don't give a **** about what you or your kind think. You make up such an insignificant part of America that you are truly irrelevant. Your only voice is online, and even here people laugh at you.
Pretty much hit the nail on the head....and when SIFU meets his creator, he will then see how ignorant he is....
Old 06-20-2018, 11:34 AM
Dr Bee
CF Senior Member

For the evangelical christians worried about people who are different..... what does your god have to say on the subject? Isn't this part of his big plan? Has he lost control? Maybe he just lost interest?
Old 06-20-2018, 11:38 AM
30YR W8T
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: "Don't expect to build up the weak by pulling down the strong." Calvin Coolidge

Originally Posted by Dr Bee View Post
For the evangelical christians worried about people who are different..... what does your god have to say on the subject? Isn't this part of his big plan? Has he lost control? Maybe he just lost interest?
God said a lot about hypocrites and his words have been proven true for thousands of years.
Old 06-20-2018, 11:40 AM
Dr Bee
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by 30YR W8T View Post
God said a lot about hypocrites and his words have been proven true for thousands of years.
Great. So... is this LGBT thing part of the plan or is he taking a siesta?
Old 06-20-2018, 11:45 AM
BLZNSDL
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Dismissal, shunning then public ridicule of the lgt etc. by the society that matters =is ample and appropriate social justice IMO.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
=
Old 06-20-2018, 11:48 AM
rgregory
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by 65Z01 View Post
As do atheists and any other groups who have enough brain power to realize that these precious "alphabet" groups exemplify libbie insanity and need be tossed onto the trash heap upon which they belong.
you donít need need to be religious to know that evolution created two sexes and there is a mutual attraction between those sexes that is what perpetuates the species. Deviations from that are not normal. Plus it is just pretty nasty thinking about two dudes packing fudge
Old 06-20-2018, 11:52 AM
ChefMark
CF Senior Member

WOW!
Some narrow minded people
Old 06-20-2018, 12:01 PM
LarsAtTheBeach
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

boom!
Old 06-20-2018, 12:28 PM
rgregory
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by ChefMark View Post
WOW!
Who else will have Chic-Fil-A for lunch?
Old 06-20-2018, 12:35 PM
Monkey D. Luffy
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by rgregory View Post
Headed there for lunch now, got to have me one of those peach milkshakes
Old 06-20-2018, 12:38 PM
Mcrider
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by ChefMark View Post
WOW!

Tolerance is one group asking another to throw out all their core beliefs and personal convictions to appease another group. I will not accept what I believe to be wrong, so somebody else can feel better about themselves.

That's not gonna ******* happen.
Old 06-20-2018, 12:41 PM
Monkey D. Luffy
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by rgregory View Post
People wait in line at the Bakery

Old 06-20-2018, 12:54 PM
Sifu-TZ
CF Senior Member

the redneck portion of this country that you represent is comedic fodder for adults. Weíre not laughing with you, thatís a fact.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Do Christians Have a Future in LGBTQ America?

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: