Clinton Foundation whistleblowers have come forward with hundreds of pages of evidenc - Page 2 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Off Topic > Politics, Religion & Controversy
Reload this Page >

Clinton Foundation whistleblowers have come forward with hundreds of pages of evidenc

Notices
Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

Clinton Foundation whistleblowers have come forward with hundreds of pages of evidenc

Old 12-08-2018, 11:41 AM
tikiman
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11

Originally Posted by Victor View Post
The republicans have had two years of majorities in all branches of government to go after the Clintons, if that was what they really wanted to do.

The only reasons that I can come up with as to why they didnít go after the Clintons is either the Clintons havenít done anything wrong, or the republican leadership just isnít interested in doing so.
Last time I checked, had you or I handled classified materials on an illegal, unsecured email server, we would both be doing time in Leavenworth.

Which brings us to the latter part of your supposition.
Old 12-08-2018, 11:52 AM
ifitgoesfast
CF Senior Member

The republicans have had two years of majorities in all branches of government to go after the Clintons, if that was what they really wanted to do.

The only reasons that I can come up with as to why they didnít go after the Clintons is either the Clintons havenít done anything wrong, or the republican leadership just isnít interested in doing so.
So letís test this. Work as a government employee, refuse a government secure email, set up a private server, and see what happens if you download, upload and send classified and SAP materials on the unsecure private server.
Old 12-08-2018, 12:12 PM
tikiman
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Old 12-08-2018, 12:20 PM
2500 hd
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor Ď18-'19

Originally Posted by KenHorse View Post
Sad how the Democrats have utterly destroyed this once great country.......

(even sadder how the GOP allowed them to)
Very true..
Old 12-08-2018, 12:28 PM
'Shifter
U*S*A-Love It or Leave It
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17
NCM Member '09

Originally Posted by 69L46 View Post
The clock is ticking to January. As bad as the financial gridlock will be with the Dems holding the House, the abrupt halt to any and all investigations of consequence has far greater long term implications.
This is how I feel. We had the chance, but lacked the *****, now the wrong will never be righted.
Old 12-08-2018, 12:33 PM
Victor
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by ifitgoesfast View Post

So letís test this. Work as a government employee, refuse a government secure email, set up a private server, and see what happens if you download, upload and send classified and SAP materials on the unsecure private server.
Then itís the latter of my two suppositions - republican leadership obviously didnít care enough to pursue it over the last 2 years.

Last edited by Victor; 12-08-2018 at 12:34 PM.
Old 12-08-2018, 12:34 PM
KenHorse
Obama, the worst POS ever
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Aurora, OR by way of Maui, HI. I have the heart of a Progressive - I keep it in a jar on my desk
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

Then itís the latter of my two suppositions - republican leadership obviously doesnít care enough to pursue it.
Sadly you're correct. The amount of corruption in BOTH parties is staggering
Old 12-08-2018, 01:02 PM
rcgldr
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by ifitgoesfast View Post
Work as a government employee, refuse a government secure email, set up a private server, and see what happens if you download, upload and send classified and SAP materials on the unsecure private server.
None of the emails on Hillary's server were marked as classified in the email headers. There had to be some other means to send classified emails marked as classified in the email headers to Hillary. The intent of private emails is to receive non-classified emails, including redacted emails. Comey's statement was that Hilary's team was careless in not fully screening the emails on the private servers. Three of the emails were marked as confidential in the body of the email (not the header), two those were considered properly redacted, one was not. Then another 100 or so emails were considered as confidential, sensitive, classified, ... , although some of these classifications were based on review of the emails, and not at the time the emails were sent. Comey and the Inspector general agreed that no crime had been committed. A third investigation was started up in either Arkansas or Alabama, but I haven't read anything about it and don't know if it was since abandoned. A side issue with any private email account, such as the one used by prior Secretary of State Colin Powell, or Ivanka Trump, is if this presents a compliance issue with the Freedom of Information Act if a press group ask for copies of such emails, although this is going through the courts now and I'm not sure of the outcome.

Last edited by rcgldr; 12-08-2018 at 01:07 PM.
Old 12-08-2018, 01:05 PM
KenHorse
Obama, the worst POS ever
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Aurora, OR by way of Maui, HI. I have the heart of a Progressive - I keep it in a jar on my desk
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by rcgldr View Post
None of the emails on Hillary's server were marked as classified in the email headers. There had to be some other means to send classified emails marked as classified in the email headers to Hillary. The intent of private emails is to receive non-classified emails, including redacted emails. Comey's statement was that Hilary's team was careless in not fully screening the emails on the private servers. Three of the emails were marked as confidential in the body of the email (not the header), two those were considered properly redacted, one was not. Then another 100 or so emails were considered as confidential, sensitive, classified, ... , although some of these classifications were based on review of the emails, and not at the time the emails were sent. Comey and the Inspector general agreed that no crime had been committed. A third investigation was started up in either Arkansas or Alabama, but I haven't read anything about it and don't know if it was since abandoned.
Another BHDIFOTPOTTS who a) ignores the SHITLOAD of evidence of corruption at Obama's DOJ/FBI and specifically that Comey LIED under oath, etc.......
Old 12-08-2018, 01:12 PM
C6_Racer_X
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by vettpapaw View Post
Get the caskets ready!!!
Yep. I suspect there's a whole lot of "depression" coming, and lots of suicide notes being written as we speak.
Old 12-08-2018, 01:22 PM
doorgunner
Doorgunner's '68 Project
Support Corvetteforum!

Then itís the latter of my two suppositions - republican leadership obviously didnít care enough to pursue it over the last 2 years.
They didn't oppose it because Opposition isn't in the Script.
(This Century is for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance of Justice being served is a coincidence)

Old 12-08-2018, 02:04 PM
BoostManiac
CF Senior Member

Location: Deplorable 160 Proof Olde Anglo-Saxon in Atlanta, GA

Originally Posted by Randy G. View Post
What did the idiot have to say?

He wouldn't DARE discuss this honestly on the air. He'd much rather talk about Trump having a Marine take his overcoat at the HW Bush Memorial as if he were a Despot. A despot who allows 95% of the Cockroach Media to dump all over him every day, eh? If he was a despot, pukes like Matthews would have short walks to one of Stalin's Cellars.
Old 12-08-2018, 02:42 PM
tikiman
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Old 12-08-2018, 02:43 PM
tikiman
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

None of the emails on Hillary's server were marked as classified in the email headers. There had to be some other means to send classified emails marked as classified in the email headers to Hillary. The intent of private emails is to receive non-classified emails, including redacted emails. Comey's statement was that Hilary's team was careless in not fully screening the emails on the private servers. Three of the emails were marked as confidential in the body of the email (not the header), two those were considered properly redacted, one was not. Then another 100 or so emails were considered as confidential, sensitive, classified, ... , although some of these classifications were based on review of the emails, and not at the time the emails were sent. Comey and the Inspector general agreed that no crime had been committed. A third investigation was started up in either Arkansas or Alabama, but I haven't read anything about it and don't know if it was since abandoned. A side issue with any private email account, such as the one used by prior Secretary of State Colin Powell, or Ivanka Trump, is if this presents a compliance issue with the Freedom of Information Act if a press group ask for copies of such emails, although this is going through the courts now and I'm not sure of the outcome.
That's fascinating. I had no idea that when the Federal government subpoenas records that one is allowed to destroy 33,000 emails and then Bleachbit the server.

Learn something new every day.
Old 12-08-2018, 03:51 PM
C6_Racer_X
CF Senior Member

You've seen all of HRC's emails? Even the 33,000+ that were deleted and the server erased with bleach bit? How many of those contained classified information? How many were omitted from being turned over and erased specifically to cover up more sensitive classified material? And if you try to answer that, how can anyone verify your answer?

Maybe I should file a Freedom of Information Act request for those. Or better still, a Freedom of Information Act request for the access logs and email logs for the server that held her official email. It would be helpful to know whether her server was accessed/hacked by anyone. Oh yeah, those logs were erased with bleach bit, too.
Old 12-08-2018, 06:21 PM
rcgldr
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by tikiman View Post
That's fascinating. I had no idea that when the Federal government subpoenas records that one is allowed to destroy 33,000 emails and then Bleachbit the server.
Originally Posted by C6_Racer_X View Post
You've seen all of HRC's emails? Even the 33,000+ that were deleted and the server erased with bleach bit?
I haven't heard any credible source that any type of scrubbing was done. The FBI claims it recovered at least some of the deleted emails, which would mean the servers weren't wiped.

How many of those contained classified information? How many were omitted from being turned over and erased specifically to cover up more sensitive classified material?
Comey and the Inspector General hired by the Republican controlled house committee stated no crime was committed, Nunez stopped talking, Troy Gowdy and one other Republican on the committee agreed with the Inspector General report.

Maybe I should file a Freedom of Information Act request for those.
Several have already been filed for those and emails of other officials. This is going through the courts now, and if granted, some agency will have to redact emails before releasing them.

Old 12-08-2018, 06:54 PM
2500 hd
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor Ď18-'19

Just dayum .....

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: