Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Off Topic > Politics, Religion & Controversy
Reload this Page >

Is President Trump going to declare a national emergency?

Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

Is President Trump going to declare a national emergency?

Old 05-15-2019, 08:58 PM
johnglenntwo
CF Senior Member

Received 141 Likes on 125 Posts
Default Good point! ;)

Originally Posted by KenHorse View Post
If that were the case, why hasn't Trump closed ALL immigration from SOTB, including LEGAL?

Originally Posted by johnglenntwo View Post
Revoke All new immigrant Citizenship until there is a Bipartisan bill. MAGA
Please Real Christian President Pence!
Old 05-15-2019, 09:46 PM
919cw313
CF Senior Member

Received 351 Likes on 303 Posts
2018 C6 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by TCracingCA View Post
You haven’t seen nothing yet, just wait for the Chinese and Indians to start immigrating!
Thousands of Indians have been illegally entering the US from both borders every year since 2016 or so.

We see Chinese here and there too. And Bangladeshis, Nepalese, Vietnamese, etc.

And random Africans.
Old 05-15-2019, 11:27 PM
Aerovette
CF Senior Member

Received 215 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Aerovette View Post
Anyone want to caravan over to CDs place and help ourselves to his food, clothing, furniture, etc?

He doesn't mind. He has an open door, what's mine is yours, policy. In fact, we don't even have to knock or anything. Just show up and walk right in. He says he has all the expenses covered. He'll just give up more of his paycheck to cover us.

Tell me CD, how is this different? Do you not want us there because we are white?. That HAS to be the reason.

CD? Anything? No comment? Yeah, that's what I thought.
Old 05-15-2019, 11:55 PM
Snoopysvet
CF Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Chemdawg99 View Post
What is the "emergency"?
WARNING: too many brown people coming to the United States!

Suppose we reverse the thought

we we’re sending lots of whites to a small South American country to the point where we were changing the make up of the country ‘making it whiter’ I suspect you would be the first to call out our imperialism
Old 05-16-2019, 05:39 AM
Chemdawg99
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 92 Likes on 67 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12, '15

CD? Anything? No comment? Yeah, that's what I thought.
Post #180
Old 05-16-2019, 06:14 AM
owebo
CF Senior Member

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11, '16

Post #180

like Aerovette said.....
Old 05-16-2019, 06:57 AM
8T1-7T9 BIONIC VETTE
CF Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DB Cooper View Post
Well, we don't have tons of school districts that are forced to teach in French...

We DO have a **** load of Latino Chanel's here in Hawaii and only one (1) Hawaiian language Chanel.
Why ???????????

TRUMP PENCE MAGA winning
2020 KEEP AMERICA GREAT.
Old 05-16-2019, 08:41 AM
Chemdawg99
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12, '15

Originally Posted by Snoopysvet View Post
Suppose we reverse the thought

we we’re sending lots of whites to a small South American country to the point where we were changing the make up of the country ‘making it whiter’ I suspect you would be the first to call out our imperialism
For starters, there have already been "lots of whites" who were sent not just to "a small South American country" which resulted in changing the makeup of it, but an entire hemisphere. Just limiting ourselves here to South and Central America, those folks speak Spanish (or Portuguese) primarily because Spaniards (you do realize that Spain and Portugal are in Europe and are considered "white people", right?) came in and "changed the makeup of those areas.

Even in your reverse thought, you validate what I said in this thread that you (et al) find so offensive. Perhaps you are afraid because things are coming full circle?
Old 05-16-2019, 09:36 AM
owebo
CF Senior Member

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11, '16

For starters, there have already been "lots of whites" who were sent not just to "a small South American country" which resulted in changing the makeup of it, but an entire hemisphere. Just limiting ourselves here to South and Central America, those folks speak Spanish (or Portuguese) primarily because Spaniards (you do realize that Spain and Portugal are in Europe and are considered "white people", right?) came in and "changed the makeup of those areas.

Even in your reverse thought, you validate what I said in this thread that you (et al) find so offensive. Perhaps you are afraid because things are coming full circle?
We reject your plantation no matter where we find it...
Old 05-16-2019, 10:00 AM
Z Factor
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is the "emergency"?
WARNING: too many brown people coming to the United States!
^

Originally Posted by Z Factor View Post

How about too many illegal aliens invading our country.
How about too many criminals invading our country.
How about too many drugs entering our country.
How about too many children and women being sexually abused along the way.
How about too many resources and tax dollars going to pay for all of the above?

How about too many American lives being lost every year due to the aforementioned?

I find your attempt to make this a racial issue especially ironic, because an influx of illegal aliens hurts black American citizens harder than most. I personally know of several black people just barely hanging on to the homes and livelihoods because they cannot compete with the cheap labor undercutting their income.

For example the black gentleman who has been trimming our families trees for as long as I can remember, has old broken down equipment and can barely keep his two employees (both black) working. The reason being illegal aliens are working for pennies on the dollar, either independently, or even for large companies.
A prime example is this story (in case you have not heard about it);

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tree-co...llegal-hiring/

Food for thought unless party loyalty/ideology trumps your penchant for seeing most thing through a racial lens.
I have a job and run businesses so unlike those who you characterized with too much time on their hands, I would like a reply to this post that replied to your post on the first page.

If this country were serious about stopping illegal immigration, they wouldn’t have to build a border wall and/or round up the illegal immigrants already here to do it. They would simply raid the businesses that hire illegal immigrants and put the business owners in prison for facilitating illegal immigration. There would be no incentive for an illegal immigrant to come here, wall or no wall.
One of the problem you completely ignore with posts like this one is many illegals are not coming here to work. Some are just flat out criminals looking to ply their trade here where people have money, unlike the hellholes they come from.
We know this because when gang members like MS-13 come here from El Salvador they do not hook up with the local Walmart to work 9-5.

MS-13 are another example of how black Americans suffer disproportionately because they live in close proximity to impoverished areas, typically near blacks neighborhoods.

For example in slums of LA the Crips and the Bloods were mortal enemies and killed each other on the spot, mainly over turf wars and interference with their criminal activities. However no matter how bad/corrupt they were, they were still American citizens.

But when the MS13 types creeped into the area, they were so vicious (having grown up in paramilitaries as young boys) they were laying waste to the two black gangs. So much so that to survive, the Crips & Bloods joined forces.

Why should we care?

Most Americans don't, figuring let scum kill scum, regardless of race.

But you being one of this forums race baiters probably do value black criminals over brown ones, especially when the brown ones shouldn't be in this country to begin with. You really need to open up your eyes to realize that illegal aliens harm the poor black communities disproportionally. Many of the resources set up as the safety net in this country are overwhelmed where illegals are pouring into, again effecting poor black folks. Liberals say just pour more money at the problem because they love spending other peoples money to try and solve everything, but this problem cannot be solved with more money because the citizens will not stand for it. As more holes open up in a large ship you do not keep adding more pumps to pump the water back out, you fix the leaks first, then worry about pumping the water back out.
We should use the existing money for our own poor citizens, and cannot take care of all the 3rd worlds poor.

The illegal aliens know they can receive better medical care, send their kids to our schools, and a myriad of other things they cannot receive in their own countries, REGARDLESS of whether they work or not. Many work for small companies that do lawn care, elder care, child care, cheap labor outside of hardware stores, painting companies that work under the table, etc., etc., etc.
So the notion that catching, fining or even imprisoning large companies (like the example I gave in my post above) will solve the problem is absurd. Should it be done, sure it should.

However that will not stop the all or even most of them, especially OTM's.
Old 05-16-2019, 10:38 AM
Chemdawg99
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12, '15

^

I have a job and run businesses so unlike those who you characterized with too much time on their hands, I would like a reply to this post that replied to your post on the first page.

One of the problem you completely ignore with posts like this one is many illegals are not coming here to work. Some are just flat out criminals looking to ply their trade here where people have money, unlike the hellholes they come from.
We know this because when gang members like MS-13 come here from El Salvador they do not hook up with the local Walmart to work 9-5.

MS-13 are another example of how black Americans suffer disproportionately because they live in close proximity to impoverished areas, typically near blacks neighborhoods.

For example in slums of LA the Crips and the Bloods were mortal enemies and killed each other on the spot, mainly over turf wars and interference with their criminal activities. However no matter how bad/corrupt they were, they were still American citizens.

But when the MS13 types creeped into the area, they were so vicious (having grown up in paramilitaries as young boys) they were laying waste to the two black gangs. So much so that to survive, the Crips & Bloods joined forces.

Why should we care?

Most Americans don't, figuring let scum kill scum, regardless of race.

But you being one of this forums race baiters probably do value black criminals over brown ones, especially when the brown ones shouldn't be in this country to begin with. You really need to open up your eyes to realize that illegal aliens harm the poor black communities disproportionally. Many of the resources set up as the safety net in this country are overwhelmed where illegals are pouring into, again effecting poor black folks. Liberals say just pour more money at the problem because they love spending other peoples money to try and solve everything, but this problem cannot be solved with more money because the citizens will not stand for it. As more holes open up in a large ship you do not keep adding more pumps to pump the water back out, you fix the leaks first, then worry about pumping the water back out.
We should use the existing money for our own poor citizens, and cannot take care of all the 3rd worlds poor.

The illegal aliens know they can receive better medical care, send their kids to our schools, and a myriad of other things they cannot receive in their own countries, REGARDLESS of whether they work or not. Many work for small companies that do lawn care, elder care, child care, cheap labor outside of hardware stores, painting companies that work under the table, etc., etc., etc.
So the notion that catching, fining or even imprisoning large companies (like the example I gave in my post above) will solve the problem is absurd. Should it be done, sure it should.

However that will not stop the all or even most of them, especially OTM's.
Two thoughts about your mini-rant above...

Firstly, it's amazing to me how you (et al) arrive at your self-serving assumptions. Namely, that most people who immigrate here illegally are here to commit crimes. Outside of being here illegally (not even a point worth arguing, because it's called "illegal immigration" for a reason; duh...), most people come here illegally to work or escape oppression in their home countries. Sure, some come here to do crime, but that is not why illegal immigrants come here. To deny that neither side of the aisle has done anything of substance to stop illegal immigration speaks for itself.

Lastly, your obvious attempt to paint me as supporting criminals (black, brown, white, or whatever) is very obviously a logical fallacy. Nowhere in my posts do I condone criminality, not even illegal immigration. I frequently proffer sensible solutions to stop illegal immigration. A border wall that would cost hundreds of billions of dollars and take at least 10 years or longer to build and literally can't be built without infringing on privately owned lands is hardly a sensible solution. I know I'm right when people like you have to resort to logical fallacies to counter my posts.

Last edited by Chemdawg99; 05-16-2019 at 10:57 AM.
Old 05-16-2019, 10:44 AM
johnglenntwo
CF Senior Member

Too many people are underrepresented pertaining to immigration; corrupted!

Last edited by johnglenntwo; 05-16-2019 at 10:46 AM.
Old 05-16-2019, 12:09 PM
Z Factor
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Two thoughts about your mini-rant above...

Firstly, it's amazing to me how you (et al) arrive at your self-serving assumptions. Namely, that most people who immigrate here illegally are here to commit crimes. Outside of being here illegally (not even a point worth arguing, because it's called "illegal immigration" for a reason; duh...), most people come here illegally to work or escape oppression in their home countries. Sure, some come here to do crime, but that is not why illegal immigrants come here. To deny that neither side of the aisle has done anything of substance to stop illegal immigration speaks for itself.

Lastly, your obvious attempt to paint me as supporting criminals (black, brown, white, or whatever) is very obviously a logical fallacy. Nowhere in my posts do I condone criminality, not even illegal immigration. I frequently proffer sensible solutions to stop illegal immigration. A border wall that would cost hundreds of billions of dollars and take at least 10 years or longer to build and literally can't be built without infringing on privately owned lands is hardly a sensible solution. I know I'm right when people like you have to resort to logical fallacies to counter my posts.

Talk about twisting words.
(The criminal comment is not even worth a retort)

I never said most, instead I said many are criminals and/or do not intend on working. So while E-Verify and other methods will cut down on reasons to come to this country especially by Mexicans, it will not stop the flood of illegals coming here because anywhere is better than their home country.
When you think about it, if not for long distances, hundreds of millions would be trying to get into our country. Thus whenever you ask Democrats/liberals "how many are too many", they never have an answer.
Do you have a number?
Some are just bleeding hearts, but many know the more poor and uneducated people that pour into this country, the more they can exploit them for future political power.
We both know the Democrats would make them legal citizens tomorrow if they could.
Why?
You know why, don't you.
Those dependent on the governments teat will always be more inclined to vote to keep the free milk flowing.
Do you think if a bunch of educated skilled labor groups of people who would likely vote (R) were pouring into our country, that they would be all for it?

The question is why you, as someone who sees virtually everything through a racial lens, is not looking at the deleterious effect illegal aliens are having on black communities across America.
You and others with racial chips on your shoulders can blame whitey all you want, but much of the resources and efforts to help the poor are being abused by people who don't belong in this country to begin with.
Add to that depressed wages due to cheap illegal workers, and the black community gets shafted more than most.

Funny how you didn't comment on the first post where I gave you examples of the ill wrought by illegal aliens that are effecting good hard working black Americans.
Old 05-16-2019, 12:34 PM
Aerovette
CF Senior Member

Post #180
If that answered the question, I would not have asked it again.

What is the difference between a bunch of us white folk crashing your house and what is happening at the border?

Anyone want to caravan over to CDs place and help ourselves to his food, clothing, furniture, etc?

He doesn't mind. He has an open door, what's mine is yours, policy. In fact, we don't even have to knock or anything. Just show up and walk right in. He says he has all the expenses covered. He'll just give up more of his paycheck to cover us.

Tell me CD, how is this different? Do you not want us there because we are white?. That HAS to be the reason.

Last edited by Aerovette; 05-16-2019 at 12:35 PM.
Old 05-16-2019, 12:36 PM
Chemdawg99
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12, '15

Talk about twisting words.
(The criminal comment is not even worth a retort)

I never said most, instead I said many are criminals and/or do not intend on working. So while E-Verify and other methods will cut down on reasons to come to this country especially by Mexicans, it will not stop the flood of illegals coming here because anywhere is better than their home country.
When you think about it, if not for long distances, hundreds of millions would be trying to get into our country. Thus whenever you ask Democrats/liberals "how many are too many", they never have an answer.
Do you have a number?
Some are just bleeding hearts, but many know the more poor and uneducated people that pour into this country, the more they can exploit them for future political power.
We both know the Democrats would make them legal citizens tomorrow if they could.
Why?
You know why, don't you.
Those dependent on the governments teat will always be more inclined to vote to keep the free milk flowing.
Do you think if a bunch of educated skilled labor groups of people who would likely vote (R) were pouring into our country, that they would be all for it?

The question is why you, as someone who sees virtually everything through a racial lens, is not looking at the deleterious effect illegal aliens are having on black communities across America.
You and others with racial chips on your shoulders can blame whitey all you want, but much of the resources and efforts to help the poor are being abused by people who don't belong in this country to begin with.
Add to that depressed wages due to cheap illegal workers, and the black community gets shafted more than most.

Funny how you didn't comment on the first post where I gave you examples of the ill wrought by illegal aliens that are effecting good hard working black Americans.
I didn’t comment on it because it’s a regurgitated and specious (at best) conservative talking point. Low-skilled, cheap labor hurts any American who is equally low-skilled regardless of what color they are.

You are working overtime to detract from the reality that you (et al) only care about illegal immigration because of your racism.

Last edited by Chemdawg99; 05-16-2019 at 05:07 PM.
Old 05-16-2019, 12:38 PM
1%r
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 76 Likes on 54 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03 through '17

I didn’t comment on it because it’s regurgitated and specious (at best) conservative talking point. Low-skilled, cheap labor hurts any American who is equally low-skilled regardless of what color they are.

You are working overtime to detract from the reality that you (et al) only care about illegal immigration because of your racism.
ironic you throwing the race card
Old 05-16-2019, 12:49 PM
Chemdawg99
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12, '15

If that answered the question, I would not have asked it again.

What is the difference between a bunch of us white folk crashing your house and what is happening at the border?
Your false equivalence logical fallacy isn’t worth “answering” . My house is hardly equivalent to the southern border of a large country or the large country itself. It’s not even an apples to oranges comparison.

What you are attempting to do with your fallacious question is get me to say that I support/tolerate illegal immigration and that because of this, I should be totally okay with letting just anyone into my home to live. As I said, I don’t support or tolerate illegal immigration from anywhere (not just from brown countries) and that if our government were serious about illegal immigration, it would implement the sensible measures to police it.

Looking forward to seeing how you will spin/mischaracterize my words now...
Old 05-16-2019, 12:53 PM
johnglenntwo
CF Senior Member

Default The Jews goals being met! ;)

Originally Posted by 1%r View Post
ironic you throwing the race card
"When you change the way that you look at things the things you look at change!" Glad to help, since, too many people are underrepresented (Humble, and OTHERWISE!).

Last edited by johnglenntwo; 05-16-2019 at 01:19 PM.
Old 05-16-2019, 02:05 PM
Aerovette
CF Senior Member

Your false equivalence logical fallacy isn’t worth “answering” . My house is hardly equivalent to the southern border of a large country or the large country itself. It’s not even an apples to oranges comparison.

What you are attempting to do with your fallacious question is get me to say that I support/tolerate illegal immigration and that because of this, I should be totally okay with letting just anyone into my home to live. As I said, I don’t support or tolerate illegal immigration from anywhere (not just from brown countries) and that if our government were serious about illegal immigration, it would implement the sensible measures to police it.

Looking forward to seeing how you will spin/mischaracterize my words now...

It is extremely equivalent. If you do not believe so, then that is my exact question. How is it different? You are exactly like Dr.BEE in that you choose not to answer questions that you actually CAN'T answer. The fact that you think Trump's directives only apply to brown people simple PROVES how clueless and racist you are. NOTHING he has said, or done, does not also apply to whites here illegally. But what kind of desperate victim narrative would that cater too?

Here is an analogy for you. Your car has a flat tire, but it's also on fire. Do you ignore the fire to fix the flat or ignore the flat and put out the fire? "Brown people" pouring across our border by the thousands is the fire and whites sneaking in from Nova Scotia is the flat tire in case you could manage to figure that out.
Old 05-16-2019, 03:04 PM
Chemdawg99
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12, '15

It is extremely equivalent. If you do not believe so, then that is my exact question. How is it different? You are exactly like Dr.BEE in that you choose not to answer questions that you actually CAN'T answer. The fact that you think Trump's directives only apply to brown people simple PROVES how clueless and racist you are. NOTHING he has said, or done, does not also apply to whites here illegally. But what kind of desperate victim narrative would that cater too?
My house is not equivalent to an entire nation. I don't support illegal immigration from anywhere, ergo, your analogy being directed at me is your first fallacy. Another fallacy on your part is suggesting I'd welcome uninvited guests into my home. Actually, I'd shoot any bastard that wanted to enter my home uninvited. Perhaps that is your sentiment regarding illegal immigrants from south of the border, but that's that really not the point. The point is that you are trying to characterize my position as supporting/condoning illegal immigration. For the umpteenth time, I DON'T.
Do you support a comprehensive immigration plan that does the following:
-Stringently monitoring the U.S. visa program to monitor and track people here on visas and deporting those who overstay.
-Enforcing E-Verify and putting people who knowingly hire illegal immigrants in prison (not jail, not just a fine, but federal prison).
-Increasing security at both the northern and southern borders as well as all ports of entry into the U.S. NOTE: an archaic and mostly symbolic (and infeasible) border wall is not needed; the problem is mostly from visa overstays, not border crossings. I might add that the DHS should get a lot more funding than they currently do and not for a wall that will never be built.
-Legalize marijuana nationwide and crackdown on the entities that supply the drugs, not the ones using the drugs.
-
Here is an analogy for you. Your car has a flat tire, but it's also on fire. Do you ignore the fire to fix the flat or ignore the flat and put out the fire? "Brown people" pouring across our border by the thousands is the fire and whites sneaking in from Nova Scotia is the flat tire in case you could manage to figure that out.
Another useless analogy that incorrectly characterizes my position on illegal immigration. Of course, you just validated my point about it being more about the browning of the United States than it is about illegal immigrants. Is a Cannuck from Nova Scotia here illegally less of a problem than a Guatemalan here illegally?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Is President Trump going to declare a national emergency?

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: