Isnt California Great - Page 2 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

Isnt California Great

Old 01-10-2019, 08:54 AM
Doug1
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by road pilot View Post
Another reason to leave Calf. Many have done so. Tax's and the culture have driven the middle class out.
Good luck.
Exactly!
Old 01-10-2019, 08:56 AM
fake
CF Senior Member

It is the money ! All they want is revenue for the illegals. Leave the state move to Maine you can do donuts all day with out even trying!
Old 01-10-2019, 09:24 AM
BLEKVET
CF Senior Member

Maybe Cali will reconsider the wall and support its extension along its east and north lines. That will keep the illegals out and it’s current population from leaving.

Last edited by BLEKVET; 01-10-2019 at 09:55 AM.
Old 01-10-2019, 09:29 AM
grampi50
CF Senior Member

CA is a good place to be FROM...

Last edited by grampi50; 01-10-2019 at 10:31 AM.
Old 01-10-2019, 10:01 AM
449er
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Cockroach View Post
The sheep that keep voting these radical liberal Democrats into office over and over again get what they deserve and obviously the laws they want. All three of these messed up states are Democrat controlled sanctuary city's, great places to vacation but I would never live in.
I'll bet that this guy voted for Trump...guaranteed
Old 01-10-2019, 10:36 AM
ssg10587

Originally Posted by BlindSpot View Post
I have different data.

Top loser in population is Illinois, followed by NY and CT. California is a net gainer in population....STILL.

https://www.census.gov/library/visua...2017-2018.html

Illinois is closest to complete bankruptcy of any other state. Living in AZ I have watched these figures closely. Sometimes it feels like there are more Californians in AZ than Arizonans, but there is not a mass exodus from CA. More it is a demographic shift. Probably more money is leaving CA but more people needing state assistance are replacing them. CA has a flashing sign that says "If you need help, come here".

I have sold two properties in the last 18 months, both buyers were Californians with cash. I have another for sale right now and betting the buyer will be a Ca relo with cash. Since I've lived in the West for the last 25 years, I've watched the political base change from conservative to a more liberal bent first in New Mexico, then in Colorado, and now changing in Arizona. And I'm convinced it is largely politically influenced by migration from CA.
No disagreement there. There was this exact discussion on Tucker. He must've been citing previous year census data. You find the CA people coming to AZ to be changing it or it is more the right leaning CA people escaping CA?

This is also interesting (9 year overall change): https://www.census.gov/library/visua...2010-2018.html

Last edited by ssg10587; 01-10-2019 at 10:42 AM.
Old 01-10-2019, 10:44 AM
ArmchairArchitect
CF Senior Member

Location: Philadelphia PA (Birthplace of the USA, UNESCO World Heritage City)

Originally Posted by road pilot View Post
Another reason to leave Calf. Many have done so. Tax's and the culture have driven the middle class out.
Good luck.
Exactly, if it wasn't for the beautiful natural geography and weather, people wouldn't put up with all the taxes and big government in California. That's how they get away with it. It's a failed form of government but people put up with it because the geography/weather is the best in the continental US.
Old 01-10-2019, 10:48 AM
'Shifter
U*S*A-Love It or Leave It
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17
NCM Member '09

What a bunch of idiots.
Old 01-10-2019, 10:52 AM
02BlownZ06
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Ahhhhh the land of fruits and nuts! They have a hard core new liberal governor and super majority in the legislature. Buckle up, it's about to get even loonier. After they let a few more million in that all get free stuff their taxes will be so high no one will be able to afford to live there.
Old 01-10-2019, 10:55 AM
449er
CF Senior Member

I doubt that would be in force for stock systems?
Old 01-10-2019, 10:57 AM
JR-01
CF Senior Member

California is the fifth largest economy in the world. They must be doing something right.
Old 01-10-2019, 11:04 AM
BlindSpot
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by ssg10587 View Post
No disagreement there. There was this exact discussion on Tucker. He must've been citing previous year census data. You find the CA people coming to AZ to be changing it or it is more the right leaning CA people escaping CA?

This is also interesting (9 year overall change): https://www.census.gov/library/visua...2010-2018.html
Our next door neighbors (young family) are from CA. Just moved here in the last 12 months to escape the heavy taxes and high cost of RE. They are both Democrats and vote that way and are fiscally liberal. They are both Professionals and have two small children. I think they're typical of the flight from CA. They're moderately well off but caving under the cost pressures of living in CA. They, and thousands of others like them will vote democratic which changes the state over time.

CA is unique in that it has some of the wealthiest people and companies in the world as residents. The uber wealthy have a long long way to go before feeling any financial pressures. It's the middle ones that probably are ever conscious of their financial situations that I see leaving. In two sales I had this year, both were retired couples bringing their cash here to AZ where their retirement money goes farther.
Old 01-10-2019, 11:10 AM
R&L's C6
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

a
Our next door neighbors (young family) are from CA. Just moved here in the last 12 months to escape the heavy taxes and high cost of RE. They are both Democrats and vote that way and are fiscally liberal. They are both Professionals and have two small children. I think they're typical of the flight from CA. They're moderately well off but caving under the cost pressures of living in CA. They, and thousands of others like them will vote democratic which changes the state over time.

CA is unique in that it has some of the wealthiest people and companies in the world as residents. The uber wealthy have a long long way to go before feeling any financial pressures. It's the middle ones that probably are ever conscious of their financial situations that I see leaving. In two sales I had this year, both were retired couples bringing their cash here to AZ where their retirement money goes farther.
Yep, liberal hypocrisy and stupidity at it's finest.....vote for policies that destroy your way of life, move, perpetuate the same thing where you moved to.....

Last edited by R&L's C6; 01-10-2019 at 11:12 AM.
Old 01-10-2019, 11:11 AM
Bruze
CF Senior Member

Apparently N. Carolina is going through the same thing. Big city libs move there, escaping high taxes and everything else that left-wing governments impose, yet they bring their same ideology with them that destroyed the place they are running from.
Old 01-10-2019, 11:24 AM
Cockroach
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by 449er View Post
I'll bet that this guy voted for Trump...guaranteed

Yes and proud of it!

Old 01-10-2019, 11:26 AM
Not So Fast
CF Senior Member

I have different data.

Top loser in population is Illinois, followed by NY and CT. California is a net gainer in population....STILL.

https://www.census.gov/library/visua...2017-2018.html

Illinois is closest to complete bankruptcy of any other state. Living in AZ I have watched these figures closely. Sometimes it feels like there are more Californians in AZ than Arizonans, but there is not a mass exodus from CA. More it is a demographic shift. Probably more money is leaving CA but more people needing state assistance are replacing them. CA has a flashing sign that says "If you need help, come here".

I have sold two properties in the last 18 months, both buyers were Californians with cash. I have another for sale right now and betting the buyer will be a Ca relo with cash. Since I've lived in the West for the last 25 years, I've watched the political base change from conservative to a more liberal bent first in New Mexico, then in Colorado, and now changing in Arizona. And I'm convinced it is largely politically influenced by migration from CA.
Conflicting reports I guess Steve cause I just heard that Mexifornia has lost 1,000,000 in total population over the last few years. Not saying its correct but just heard it yesterday Hmmmm
NSF
Old 01-10-2019, 11:36 AM
No. 386
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Bruze View Post
Apparently N. Carolina is going through the same thing. Big city libs move there, escaping high taxes and everything else that left-wing governments impose, yet they bring their same ideology with them that destroyed the place they are running from.
Sad but true.When will they wake up and pull their head out of the sand.
Old 01-10-2019, 11:37 AM
glbeauchamp
CF Senior Member

Silicon valley for tech, San Jaucquin (sp?) Valley for agriculture, a bunch of military installations, and tourism I'd guess. Still run by the fruits and nuts though. People leaving in droves fleeing the lib policies, moving to neighboring states, then getting into positions of power and adopting the same policies they left CA for in the first place. Go figure.
Old 01-10-2019, 11:47 AM
grampi50
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by ArmchairArchitect View Post
Exactly, if it wasn't for the beautiful natural geography and weather, people wouldn't put up with all the taxes and big government in California. That's how they get away with it. It's a failed form of government but people put up with it because the geography/weather is the best in the continental US.
IL is just like CA, except with a crappy climate...

Old 01-10-2019, 11:48 AM
BlindSpot
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Not So Fast View Post
Conflicting reports I guess Steve cause I just heard that Mexifornia has lost 1,000,000 in total population over the last few years. Not saying its correct but just heard it yesterday Hmmmm
NSF
Looking at any of the gov't data (and avoiding the "internet data") CA has never had a deficit in population.

Here is a summary statement from the gov't census data:

SACRAMENTO—California added 309,000 residents in 2017 to bring the state’s total population as of January 1st to 39,810,000, according to new population estimates released today by the California Department of Finance.Last year’s 0.78-percent growth rate compares to the 0.86-percent annualized growth rate since the 2010 Census. Since 2010, when the state’s population was 37,253,956, population growth has averaged 333,000 a year.

The growth has slowed down by percentage over the last several years, but keep in mind the massive size of the number - 40,000,000. 1,000,000 people might have left last year, but 1,309,000 moved in.

http://www.dof.ca.gov/Forecasting/De...essRelease.pdf

Last edited by BlindSpot; 01-10-2019 at 11:49 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Isnt California Great

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: