Isnt California Great - Page 3 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

Isnt California Great

Old 01-10-2019, 11:49 AM
R&L's C6
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 449er View Post
I'll bet that this guy voted for Trump...guaranteed
Just like a lot of us....MAGA
Old 01-10-2019, 11:50 AM
jchappies
CF Senior Member

Another law nobody will enforce unless your blatantly breaking the law by street racing or hot rodding around your neighborhood. I think motorcycles will have a harder time with this law.
Old 01-10-2019, 12:07 PM
Bruze
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by R&L's C6 View Post

Old 01-10-2019, 12:25 PM
Mr. Black
CF Senior Member

It is a personal goal of mine to never set foot in that shithole country, errr I mean state, ever again.

I think 2010 was the last time.

It pains me to even have to travel on the smidge of highway going through Needles totally illegal whilst doing so waiving the middle finger the whole way.

As we were discussing a bit in our very own Chris Drapers video on the subject these morons kind of brought it upon themselves though. If you are going to straight pipe everything and then thrash through peoples neighborhoods and community streets in the middle of the night it's going to get something done about it.

I don't mind a bit loud and almost all of my cars except 1 have some exhaust work done to them. None are straight piped, not even my Diesel.
Old 01-10-2019, 12:28 PM
JR-01
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Mr. Black View Post
It is a personal goal of mine to never set foot in that shithole country, errr I mean state, ever again.

I think 2010 was the last time.

It pains me to even have to travel on the smidge of highway going through Needles totally illegal whilst doing so waiving the middle finger the whole way.

As we were discussing a bit in our very own Chris Drapers video on the subject these morons kind of brought it upon themselves though. If you are going to straight pipe everything and then thrash through peoples neighborhoods and community streets in the middle of the night it's going to get something done about it.

I don't mind a bit loud and almost all of my cars except 1 have some exhaust work done to them. None are straight piped, not even my Diesel.
A few people ruined it for everyone. That's the way it usually goes.
Old 01-10-2019, 12:32 PM
SG Lou
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by road pilot View Post
Another reason to leave Calf. Many have done so. Tax's and the culture have driven the middle class out.
Good luck.
Same here in New Jersey..the exodus from here is unreal. I'm going as soon as the wife makes up her mind as to when she's gonna retire......"Hurry up Hon, this state is killing me " LOL
Old 01-10-2019, 12:34 PM
parad1mg

Originally Posted by R&L's C6 View Post
Yep, 90% of the people I know, and all of my neighbors, voted for Trump. We all voted red too in the midterms but commiefornia didn't like that and harvested votes till every thing looked blue.
Old 01-10-2019, 12:52 PM
tabbruzz
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Jackie N View Post
Do they at least measure it with calibrated testers and a defined procedure? I dunno what 95db sounds like so I wont comment.

​​​​​What I do know is that I hate Harley's with open pipes riding downtown Toronto in the summer time. You can't carry a conversation or hear yourself think when those morons ride by so there is a point at which tickets should be issued in some cases.
You an download a free db meter app....But who knows what they will use if they want to enforce it...
Old 01-10-2019, 12:56 PM
ssg10587

Originally Posted by Bruze View Post
Apparently N. Carolina is going through the same thing. Big city libs move there, escaping high taxes and everything else that left-wing governments impose, yet they bring their same ideology with them that destroyed the place they are running from.
I had heard people say this but hoped it wasnt true...lol it really is just nuts. Create craphole nobody can afford, move on to next place to vote for politicians to do the same. That is just beyond me. You'd think they would make the connection.
Old 01-10-2019, 12:59 PM
tabbruzz
CF Senior Member

This is a crazy law to me. In fact there is more to it. If you get cited and get your $1000 ticket you will also need to get your car checked but the "authorities" to see if you put her back to stock. And they will look for other things that are not stock as well, suck as after market intakes and stuff like that. You know, the main things that many folks, car [color=start=#222222]enthusiasts, like to do to their cars...Hopefully, the police also feel that this is a crazy law, well unless they are targeting street racers or those intersection idiots.....[/color]
Old 01-10-2019, 01:00 PM
Josephu

They have to charge a $1000 dollors. They are drowning in debt. And you cant teach stupid.
Old 01-10-2019, 01:10 PM
zone-7
CF Senior Member

Clause 3 of Article 1, Section 9 of the U.S. Constitution prohibits congress from passing ex post facto legislation. The 8th amendment prohibits the imposition of excessive fines.
The wisdom of the founding fathers was profound.
Aftermarket catback exhaust systems were perfectly legal in the state of California prior to 2019. Clearly, this is ex post facto legislation. The $1000.00 automatic fine is excessive.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out as the U.S. Constitution far outweighs state legislation.

Leaving the state is not the answer. That would be like retreating. We never retreat, instead, we adapt and overcome (drive quiet & install cut outs).
Old 01-10-2019, 01:10 PM
grantv
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Jackie N View Post
​​​​​What I do know is that I hate Harley's with open pipes riding downtown Toronto in the summer time. You can't carry a conversation or hear yourself think when those morons ride by so there is a point at which tickets should be issued in some cases.
This is maybe the only thing I actually like about winter here (aside from a couple fun things with the kids); no Harley's. Please, enact a $1000 fine for any vehicle over XX dB here also.
Old 01-10-2019, 01:11 PM
Batman75
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by 449er View Post
I'll bet that this guy voted for Trump...guaranteed
I can't believe you would admit you voted for Hillary. Your profile says you are 60. Remember, if you're 18 and conservative, you don't have a heart, if you're over 40 and are liberal you don't have a brain.

Last edited by Batman75; 01-10-2019 at 01:12 PM.
Old 01-10-2019, 01:14 PM
danzio56
CF Senior Member

For these draconian laws being referred to as "on a slippery slope" it feels that California's decline is fast approaching critical mass. That slope feels like it's just turned into a cliff. I hate this state and after 62 years can't leave soon enough. Ef 'em.

On edit: Oh, and I don't ski or surf.

Last edited by danzio56; 01-10-2019 at 01:15 PM.
Old 01-10-2019, 01:28 PM
lewislgZ06
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '18

California is a beautiful state, and I'm glad I had a chance to see some of it in 2014 just after I retired, especially the redwood forests.
I would imagine the Rinehart mufflers I have on my Harley would probably be in violation of their new law, but who knows?
I wont ever go back there though because of the insane laws, policies, and heavy regulations, particularly on vehicles. What a shame how crazy they have gotten, and continue electing such radical idiots.
I refuse to spend another penny there willingly, let alone unwillingly!
Old 01-10-2019, 01:41 PM
Shaolin Crane
CF Senior Member

There's nothing new going on yeesh, your guys states suck so much that you have to find something wrong with a state you don't live in? Yes, there are ridiculous laws here just like every other state in the Union. Long tubes have always been illegal, there has always been a fine, there has always been a ref notice issued for non compliant modifications.

If it's really an issue for you there's a simple phrase to learn "I do not consent to any searches" end of story.

During the course of my day no part of me sees the fucked up weather back east do I say to myself "I better go make a thread on an unrelated car forum to show how much that state sucks. Gee that dude is doing life in prison for having a joint on him, better bitch to a bunch of strangers.

It really is the same when people talk to me in the gym and say yeah you look great but I bet you have to watch what you eat and work out every day

Despite the **** you all complain about the weather here is great enough I can wear a tank top every day, drive my vette to the Canyons or a road course day any weekend from the 6 world class tracks within an hour of any direction(plus motocross, dunes, rallycross, mudding, boating, or any other motorsport you can think of) also still own all the firearms I want. Plus thanks to all those "ridiculous liberal hippies" everyone complains about I can get GMO free food anywhere. Plus plus, international flights cost 40% lower from LAX than the rest of the country. Go anywhere in public in socal and you'll see more gorgeous women per capita than anywhere. I can decide that if I want a Diamond rated 30 dry aged filet or bone in rib eye at 3:37am on a Tuesday there's a number of restaurants open that can make that happen.

Sure it could be better but it's not the totalitarian Berlin Quadrant you make it out to be. Plus our winters don't suck.

Old 01-10-2019, 01:46 PM
JR-01
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Josephu View Post
They have to charge a $1000 dollars. They are drowning in debt. And you cant teach stupid.
The entire country is drowning debt. Added 2 trillion dollars to the national debt in the last two years. So much for being fiscally responsible.
Old 01-10-2019, 01:49 PM
glbeauchamp
CF Senior Member

To the left, it seems that the US Constitution only matters when they can hide behind it while they are tearing it down. And CA's government is almost totally off the wall left. And then there is the US 9th Circuit.
Old 01-10-2019, 01:52 PM
70RT440
CF Senior Member

95 Decibels is above the range where hearing damage occurs at prolonged exposure. It's slightly louder than a gas lawn mower or a blender from 3 feet away.

At that volume, you're just being annoying and I applaud California for doing that. I hope that it also applies to A-holes with booming stereos as well. I hope other states follow suit.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Isnt California Great

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: