Isnt California Great - Page 5 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

Isnt California Great

Old 01-10-2019, 04:09 PM
HOXXOH
CF Senior Member

If you want to get out of where you live, I know a fellow Corvette owner who is getting ready to sell a 1 acre lot located in a county island within Peoria, AZ. No city or HOA restrictions or taxes/dues. It's the same deal I did a few years ago and I'm real happy I did it. Build your Corvette/car friendly dream house with no fear of fires, floods, tornadoes, hurricanes, snow, or mud slides.
Old 01-10-2019, 04:13 PM
grampi50
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by JR-01 View Post
The entire country is drowning debt. Added 2 trillion dollars to the national debt in the last two years. So much for being fiscally responsible.
Plus the doubling of the national debt over the 8 years prior to that...
Old 01-10-2019, 04:16 PM
JR-01
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by grampi50 View Post
Plus the doubling of the national debt over the 8 years prior to that...

Plus the doubling of the debt the eight years before that. The last time we didn't have a deficit and actually had a surplus was Jan 2000.

Last edited by JR-01; 01-10-2019 at 04:19 PM.
Old 01-10-2019, 04:16 PM
grampi50
CF Senior Member

That goes for the right, too.
I have been an independant all my life. Voted both republican and democrat. At this point it is extremely difficult to vote for either one. They both are ruining the country.
The left does far more damage to the country than the right does...
Old 01-10-2019, 04:17 PM
work_truck
CF Senior Member

oof
Old 01-10-2019, 04:20 PM
grampi50
CF Senior Member

Plus the doubling of the debt the eight years before that.
Hardly. Owebama increased the national debt more than any president before him, except for maybe Roosevelt during WWII...

Last edited by grampi50; 01-10-2019 at 04:21 PM.
Old 01-10-2019, 04:21 PM
Shaolin Crane
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by R&L's C6 View Post
A few years back we took a cruise out of LA. The night before we left on the ship, we toured Hollywood and a few place around LA. Had to go see the Hollywood walk of fame....it looks so ritzy on tv, surprising how run down the area seemed just outside of the ''walk of fame". Stopped at a liquor store and thought we were going to be mugged lol.
I mean, I've **** in a hole in the ground in the outback and ghettos of the Middle East so maybe I'm a bit jaded to what people consider run down. But I've certainly never considered the walk of fame area ritzy. I mean it is when they have the area setup for a premier or award show but not on a daily basis. There definitely are nice areas of Hollywood but they aren't near there.
Originally Posted by JABCAT View Post
You want to see some backwards people who are brainwashed from the womb about how "great" their state is, come to TX. I've lived here 12 years & in that time, funding has repeatedly been taken from public schools significantly lowering the quality of education in the state, the politicians in this state are some of the more corrupt (lots of sexting scandals - wholesome Repubs, giving funds to your good ol' boy friends, etc.). I believe our Attorney General is currently under indictment for shady land deals in Collin County with his best bud the County Prosecutor. Our Governor was previously on the board of CPRIT (Cancer Prevention Research Institute of Texas) supposed to be overseeing that correct processes were being followed for research grant money distribution until he & Rick Perry were caught allowing their friends to get tens of millions in grant money without their grant proposals being reviewed.

AZ has horrible public education in part due to the amount of retirees who live there & vote for very low property taxes because they don't have children in the school system so why should they pay. Yeah property tax is great, but teacher pay for elementary schools is ranked last in the country while secondary school pay is 49th (2017 data). I lived in AZ for 5 years too.

Point being, most who are die hard one side or the other really don't know or understand how our political system works and/or is supposed to work, nor what the individuals they support actually vote on while in session. They were either brought up one way or believe what they want to from what they read/view from their chosen media sources. My grandparents & my in-laws vote Republican across the board without knowing what any of those people actually stand for because "damn those hippie liberals" who they also know nothing about or what they stand for. The perfect example of ignorance & a root cause is the dumbing down of the education system (which is why both sides continue to cut education funding, but we need a multi-billion dollar wall for an imaginary threat of illegals )

Back to the topic at hand - is the CA law stupid, maybe. Like anywhere else, CA has it's nice areas & it's not so nice areas. I love visiting & just got back from San Diego. I'll second Shaolin's point about GMO-free food & clear skies. While expensive, the fresh organic food is delicious (food in TX sucks) If nobody wanted to live there, cost of living would go down, so based on the current home prices one can assume there is an overabundance of people who like living there.
Ha, I was even going to put that I hated my trips to Texas but never felt the need to make a thread about it.

My family is both far left or far right and definitely far uneducated on everything that's actually going on. It's either I can't believe you voted for Hillary or Trump with the "well who else can we vote for?" like Johnson wasn't an option or the selection process didn't exist.

So for people who have a hard time reading Trump is as equally and uniquely a piece of **** to Hillary. American has never been that great because our list of atrocities goes back centuries, our military is classified as a terrorist agency by many other countries and our crimes against the world from blatantly swinging our dicks is never ending.

So if you really have a problem with government, bitch about the things that are really concerning cause there's a whole lot more worse **** going on in our government than being fined for long tubes.

Is it the best place to live in the world? Who knows, I haven't been everywhere yet, but in my experience the only people who say garbage like that haven't even left the country.

Lastly, why the **** is this in the C6 section?
Old 01-10-2019, 04:23 PM
A1958R

I love California’s climate & being able to drive my car year round, but with all the laws changing for vehicles & guns I am finally ready to leave.

As for the argument of too loud of exhaust I do understand that. My ‘58 Apache has a set of LT that we’re a bit too loud on their own so I did a muffler a little ways back to quiet it down. What I have been hearing are people getting pulled over for stock exhaust on their Camaro's with their baffles open, which are still quieter than my previous Vette with the SLP’s on it that I didn’t thing were too loud for around town driving or freeway driving.
Old 01-10-2019, 04:25 PM
Shaolin Crane
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Batman75 View Post
I have to disagree. My daughter lived in Cave Creek, AZ for a year and a half. I've lived in the San Diego area for 75 of my 79 years and have never seen more gorgeous women than I did around Cave Creek and Scottsdale.
Well beauty is subjective but I have lots of family all over AZ and have spent plenty of time there, Tempe, Phoenix, Prescott, Peoria, etc etc and the only thing I've thought about the women there was
"must be heavy meth use around here" but hey, I prefer dark black hair and fake **** on a physique competitor and get that's not everyone's thing.
Old 01-10-2019, 04:26 PM
JR-01
CF Senior Member

They have you brainwashed. Eight years of republican rule almost destroyed this country in 2008. Both parties do more harm than good.
Old 01-10-2019, 04:28 PM
JR-01
CF Senior Member

Hardly. Owebama increased the national debt more than any president before him, except for maybe Roosevelt during WWII...
Fact . Look it up, Bush doubled the debt in his eight years and help usher in the worst recession in history. The deficit was over a trillion dollars when Obama took office. Trump has the deficit back up to a trillion. How can anyone honestly believe the republicans are any better than the democrats.

Last edited by JR-01; 01-10-2019 at 04:30 PM.
Old 01-10-2019, 04:30 PM
work_truck
CF Senior Member

bush had to do it to save us from clinton's terrible surplus!
Old 01-10-2019, 04:31 PM
JR-01
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by work_truck View Post
bush had to do it to save us from clinton's terrible surplus!
That's about it.
Things will never change as long as we have the two party system.
Old 01-10-2019, 04:33 PM
grampi50
CF Senior Member

They have you brainwashed. Eight years of republican rule almost destroyed this country in 2008. Both parties do more harm than good.
Sounds like you need to get your news from somewhere other than CNN or MSNBC...talk about being brainwashed...

Old 01-10-2019, 04:38 PM
JR-01
CF Senior Member

Sounds like you need to get your news from somewhere other than CNN or MSNBC...talk about being brainwashed...
So in your world the economic collapse of 2008 never happened? OK. I am done here. I have learned a long time ago that you can not debate extremists on either side. They tend to believe what they want to believe and the hell with the truth. When Trump and Putin destroy our democracy, maybe then you will understand.

Last edited by JR-01; 01-10-2019 at 04:40 PM.
Old 01-10-2019, 04:44 PM
grampi50
CF Senior Member

So in your world the economic collapse of 2008 never happened? OK. I am done here. I have learned a long time ago that you can not debate extremists on either side. They tend to believe what they want to believe and the hell with the truth. When Trump and Putin destroy our democracy, maybe then you will understand.
Trump and Putin? Lol! Don't tell me you believe the collusion bullshit. If so, show me one shred of proof...
Old 01-10-2019, 04:59 PM
Vet Interested
CF Senior Member

While in the FAA, I went to a just every major city in the country. Those of you bragging about your great state have selective memory about your areas short combings. But ther is no doubt I will take San Diego over ANY location. Cost of living here sucks but my house is paid for and I get to wake up in San Diego every morning. Remember that when you wake up tomorrow morning. Happy New Year!
Old 01-10-2019, 05:29 PM
My Vette Life
CF Senior Member

Funny how this has gone 95% political and most of you don't even live in California
Old 01-10-2019, 05:35 PM
Mr. Black
CF Senior Member

I've lived there in the past. I would never in a million years consider myself from there though. ******* loons.

Oh and for the record I for all intents and purposes live in what we call the new NorCal anyways. Thanks for that.

I can't believe this isn't locked yet.
Old 01-10-2019, 05:41 PM
bikemiser
CF Member

amen brother

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Isnt California Great

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: