Screw these federal workers and their paychecks... - Page 17 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Off Topic > Politics, Religion & Controversy
Reload this Page >

Screw these federal workers and their paychecks...

Notices
Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

Screw these federal workers and their paychecks...

Old 01-17-2019, 06:07 PM
Mr turbo rotary
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Road machine View Post
What private employees have to work without pay??? That is BS
I did for a couple small companies, they were having a hard time making payroll. So no, it's not BS.

. And when you get laid off you can collect Unemployment...you cannot do that when you are Furloughed .
What part of they are going to get back pay can't you seem to grasp?

Now how about addressing my points.

Old 01-17-2019, 06:14 PM
Mr turbo rotary
CF Senior Member

maybe you should.
I hold a Masters and you?

Many of those are surplus because we don't need them anymore, just like aircraft at Davis-Monthan. When we go to war or get tight budgets and need them we use them and canabalize them, it's why we do it.

Then why did the deficit grow??? The deficit is 18 percent greater than last year. The FY 2018 budget created an $833 billion deficit. Spending of $4.173 was more than the estimated $3.340 revenue.

https://www.thebalance.com/current-u...eficit-3305783
I can't believe you just typed that!

You answered your own question while contradicting yourself.

The deficit was caused by SPENDING!!!!

I love the uneducated and the dumb.

Last edited by Mr turbo rotary; 01-17-2019 at 06:14 PM.
Old 01-17-2019, 06:15 PM
BobG
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Mr turbo rotary View Post
The federal employees aren't the enemy or the problem they just got caught in the process of government which they knew could happen when they signed up. People in the private sector get laid off, have no pensions, have to work without pay and on and on. The federal employees will get back pay and be fine. Welcome to life.
This is the real truth right here, we should be focusing on the real enemy here: the liberals who are refusing to do the most basic thing, to try and accomplish the most important job the government has: to protect the country from foreign invasion, which is EXACTLY what is happening here. And the domestic enemy liberals WANT it to happen.
Old 01-17-2019, 06:29 PM
Mr turbo rotary
CF Senior Member

800,000 is not all the workers furloughed....it does not count contractors, who are losing $200 million a week. And while we do indeed have a population of 330 million, that includes children and retired people and people who do not work. Latest number for US workforce is 160 million (January of 2018). So that is .5% of the workforce not counting contractors. Now add to that the people who service those workers....the guy who sells them coffee, the guy who fixes their cars etc. Now you have a lot of people who are not earning what they should be, and that spreads on down the line as those people also stop spending. Economists tell us the economy is losing .1% of GDP for every week of the shut down, and that number will grow exponentially. Do you remember exponential math in 5th grade???
What part of a 19.5 trillion dollar GDP didn't you grasp? .1% ? Nonsense and forget the fact it's temporary. Tell me what happens when the workers get back pay? 200 million a week? Rounding ERROR. No, that number doesn't grow exponentially for a myriad of reasons. It's a limited scope of contractors, the money and contracts will get reimbursed. The contractors find other work, even temporary as do the employees. It's a finite portion of our economy and has little impact.

You keep talking about education so lets compare.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1563098247
Old 01-17-2019, 07:22 PM
63 340HP
CF Senior Member

What private employees have to work without pay??? That is BS. And when you get laid off you can collect Unemployment...you cannot do that when you are Furloughed.
I had to work without pay many times. In the 2012 shutdown, government contract progress payments were not being processed to pay, and since I didn't get paid until the contracted work was paid for I didn't get paid and still had to work. You do not qualify for unemployment when you are working, even if you are not being paid. Delayed pay was a risk I took when I bid and was awarded government contracts, the same risk any government employee takes when they accept the job.

Have you called Pelosi's office and advise her to budget the wall funds and end the shutdown?
Old 01-17-2019, 07:26 PM
juanvaldez
CF Senior Member

I don't recall any federal workers concerned when I was laid off.
Old 01-17-2019, 07:44 PM
Loose Cannon
CF Member

Originally Posted by Force-1 View Post
I was curious about what they were doing in Texas so I called the workforce commission here. In addition to the furloughed employees the excepted employees are permitted to file claims as welll. The lady told me it would take about 4 to 6 weeks due to the high climbs and slower processing due to the shutdown.
Old 01-17-2019, 08:24 PM
LarsAtTheBeach
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

Originally Posted by juanvaldez View Post
I don't recall any federal workers concerned when I was laid off.
excellent point.

Im in the construction industry. Many ups and downs over the past 50 years. I donít recall anyone in government or media giving a chit about us when tines were tough.

Fukkem. Fukkem all.
Old 01-17-2019, 10:34 PM
Tech Contributor

Location: I tend to be leery of any guy who doesn't own either a chainsaw or a handgun.

Well that is good econ 101....so why are we spending billions on tanks that are being stored in the dessert and are not wanted by the military??? Why did we give tax cuts when the economy was booming and we are still running deficits???
Why is it you Progressives are so completely ignorant when it comes to basic Economics. It is a defective gene or something?
Old 01-18-2019, 09:51 AM
Dave80C3
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Loose Cannon View Post

And that right there is a prime example of politics getting in the way of the job and a validation of the claim of "security theaterĒ

I'd imagine only idiots and people that somehow forgot they were packing heat in the carry on would be caught. Well, the idiot going to Japan made it through.
Not a gun, However, I got a short notice that I needed to fly to New Orleans. Packed my bag, and went to airport in clothes I was wearing. Flew to New Orleans, that night getting ready for bed, I emptied my pockets. I had gone through security, TSA with a 3.5" switch blade knife. Shocked me. I sent it home FedEx as I sure wasn't going to try to get it through again.

It was an Honest mistake. Days I am going to work flying somewhere, I never put a knife in my pocket in the morning. I was not suppose to be going anywhere for two more days, it was noon when I got the call, and had a 4:00 flight, had just enough time to get home pack and go to air port.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Screw these federal workers and their paychecks...

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: