Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Off Topic > Politics, Religion & Controversy
Reload this Page >

Screw these federal workers and their paychecks...

Notices
Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

Screw these federal workers and their paychecks...

Old 01-12-2019, 10:26 PM
Force-1
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-' 15-'16-'17-'18-'19
I believe in the Beer Fairy
USAF (Retired) 1979-2001

Originally Posted by 69427 View Post
I ask that question several times a week when you damn progressives don't give a flying **** about your fellow Americans who are killed or murdered by illegal aliens or the drugs they bring into this country. You bastards are more worried about some spoiled government workers being inconvenienced for a couple/few weeks, and you don't give a rat's *** about murdered Americans, and Americans who are going to be murdered in the future, all because you hate Trump.

You sicken me.
Build the wall!
Old 01-12-2019, 10:34 PM
owebo
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '11, '16

Originally Posted by Covfefe View Post

Unadulterated bullshit. Thatís the mantra, but its been proven false many times. Been there.
you saying you suck...well, you wouldnít get hired...
Old 01-12-2019, 10:35 PM
owebo
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '11, '16

Originally Posted by Force-1 View Post
You are clueless.....
how so .gov worker?
Old 01-12-2019, 11:20 PM
Force-1
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

USAF (Retired) 1979-2001

Originally Posted by owebo View Post

how so .gov worker?
Because I have the authority per US Code to make decisions and interpretations of regulations that affect national security, and implement them. Contractors should never have that authority.
Old 01-12-2019, 11:28 PM
owebo
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '11, '16

Because I have the authority per US Code to make decisions and interpretations of regulations that affect national security, and implement them. Contractors should never have that authority.
oh my....so youíll just hide behind useless .gov codes intended to protect useless .gov workers....well, sadness on you...

you wouldnt last 5 minutes if I was you boss in the private sector....which is kinda the point of your post I take it...
Old 01-12-2019, 11:36 PM
tonak
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by blufinz52 View Post
Sure, easy to find another job at a moments notice. Walk into any business and get a new job. What is wrong with you people? What is it that has made you so callous to your fellow Americans? No need to say anything negative about your Dear Leader...he's your hero, I get that. But how is it that you have zero compassion for your fellow Americans who are hurt by this?
So the government workers are faced with what the private sector faces every day, boo hoo. Reality sucks and it's time for so many of the government workers to at least get a bit of a taste of it.
Old 01-12-2019, 11:47 PM
Corvette#2
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by LarsAtTheBeach View Post
If you work for the federal government and you canít miss a paycheck or a few paychecks, you are an idiot.

I couldn't care less about most of the federal civil service, but the Coast Guard and the Border Patrol aren't getting paid. That sucks for them.
Who could blame an E-3 or E-4 Coast Guardsman for living paycheck to paycheck ? I have empathy.
Old 01-12-2019, 11:48 PM
Optimus_C5
CF Senior Member

Location: If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door. South West Florida / Livin' The Dream
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by PeterK View Post
I have a working brain - I haven't spent my youth drinking and taking drugs
Again, you should save your "pity" for somebody else. They don't need anything from you.
Point 1 in your post is debatable.

Point 2, What does that have to do with the cost of tea in China or are you trying to hurl an insult?

Point 3, You, meaning the general public? Actually they do need us that pay taxes. You know, those of us who work hard, earn money and pay taxes. Government employees, affected by the shut down, are paid by the taxes hard working individuals pay. Lots of us here are paid by the profits we help generate at the companies we work for.

Last edited by Optimus_C5; 01-12-2019 at 11:48 PM.
Old 01-13-2019, 12:43 AM
Loose Cannon
CF Senior Member

Hello all. Like others, I've been a long time lurker of this forum. I've been a vette lover for years and puruse the boards often. I do a lot of reading but have never registered til yesterday. I like this particular forum because I find it entertaining and it serves as a decent news aggrate as well. I felt compared to throw in my two cents into this discussion since I'm one of the federal employees impacted by this. I've been an enroute air traffic controller with the FAA for a little over 20 years and have worked in NM and now currently in my home state of TX. As an essential/excepted employee we are required to show up for work as normal. In many facilities, due to existing staffing shortages, this can be more than 40 hours per week.

Non-essential employees at our facility are many of the office and support staff that help keep the facility running as well as certain controllers (medically DQ'd, not rated etc). Not all non-essentials are Washington bureaucrats seeking to make life hell for the rest of us.

About furloughed employees: Difficult as it may be to find employment from someone that will hire you on a potentially short term gig where you may have to return to your other job has the opportunity to do so, as well as seeking unemployment payment from the state. Having an idea on when it ends would help with this action but it is what it is. At a minimum, these employees have a chance to secure other work, difficult as it may be during this period. Again, it is hard to imagine employers willing to hire folks working under this variable but it's possible.

For essential employees, where we are compelled to work without pay, where do we have the time to attempt to meet our financial obligations If we are working full time (and in some cases mandatory OT)? Regarding the specific field of air traffic control, outside of the military and select non-federal control towers (operated under contract by a 3rd party at low traffic fields), the federal government has a lock on this. Civilian options for this career field is essentially zero.

Indeed, we will get backpay as essential employees for working during this period. Congress will have to write legation and it'll need to be signed for furloughed employees to receive backpay. Some may see this as a vacation for non-essential bureaucrats that will get paid back, and for some that may be the case. Some of us look at it that way, while we still have to show for work. It's not technically fair and it's a **** situation for all. All federal employees are political pawns and being held hostage. The question of who the hostage taker is will depend on which side of the political spectrum you fall.

Finances: Like civilian workers, everyone's situation is different. Not everyone has six months of pay stored in the bank and the derision I see here toward the average worker bee is a bit disheartening. This is a car forum that is considered by most to be a toy and the viewpoints are skewed as expected. I'd just hope that the frustration, anger and vitriol are directed more appropriately to the people that caused this and not toward your average American that is attempting to live their live and go to work and perform in a career that they have chosen.

Outlook: If this goes on for a bit, what will the people do that are required to show up for work with no pay in sight? Do they take furlough and attempt to seek employment elsewhere? There are financial obligations that need to be met, like everyone else. I'm not aware of any civilian job that requires you to show up and work for an unknown period of time with the expectation of not getting paid or paid at some undetermined date in the future. This is the current situation for people attempting to secure the border, Coast Guard, DOD, controllers and many others who help keep things moving away from the lights and cameras day in and day out. At some point those questions will need to be asked and that's where things get interesting on the national scene. Some people will have to answer that question sooner than others.

This is a long post and I'm sure it falls into the TL;DR category and it's meant to be apolitical as well. I just want to put a perspective out there that is hopefully objective as possible in this charged climate. I know many Ds and Rs at work and all are affected for what it's worth.

About me: I'm a 20 year controller that is also a commercial pilot and a business owner. I am a conservative and Trump supporter and want the crap fixed at the border like many here. I also am trying to maintain a larger perspective of this issue as best I can as well as having some empathy for my fellow citizens caught up in this mess caused by the uni-party.
Old 01-13-2019, 01:20 AM
Force-1
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

USAF (Retired) 1979-2001

oh my....so youíll just hide behind useless .gov codes intended to protect useless .gov workers....well, sadness on you...

you wouldnt last 5 minutes if I was you boss in the private sector....which is kinda the point of your post I take it...
I'm glad you feel that way little man.....little man.....
Old 01-13-2019, 03:16 AM
owebo
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '11, '16

I'm glad you feel that way little man.....little man.....

not 5 minutes....
Old 01-13-2019, 06:15 AM
owebo
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '11, '16

Make note of those workers still showing up to do their jobs and fire the rest of the useless non essential garbage...
Old 01-13-2019, 08:59 AM
LarsAtTheBeach
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

Make note of those workers still showing up to do their jobs and fire the rest of the useless non essential garbage...
^^^
Old 01-13-2019, 09:54 AM
PeterK
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '12
2012 Election Contest Winner

Originally Posted by Loose Cannon View Post
Hello all. Like others, I've been a long time lurker of this forum. I've been a vette lover for years and puruse the boards often. I do a lot of reading but have never registered til yesterday. I like this particular forum because I find it entertaining and it serves as a decent news aggrate as well. I felt compared to throw in my two cents into this discussion since I'm one of the federal employees impacted by this. I've been an enroute air traffic controller with the FAA for a little over 20 years and have worked in NM and now currently in my home state of TX. As an essential/excepted employee we are required to show up for work as normal. In many facilities, due to existing staffing shortages, this can be more than 40 hours per week.

Non-essential employees at our facility are many of the office and support staff that help keep the facility running as well as certain controllers (medically DQ'd, not rated etc). Not all non-essentials are Washington bureaucrats seeking to make life hell for the rest of us.

About furloughed employees: Difficult as it may be to find employment from someone that will hire you on a potentially short term gig where you may have to return to your other job has the opportunity to do so, as well as seeking unemployment payment from the state. Having an idea on when it ends would help with this action but it is what it is. At a minimum, these employees have a chance to secure other work, difficult as it may be during this period. Again, it is hard to imagine employers willing to hire folks working under this variable but it's possible.

For essential employees, where we are compelled to work without pay, where do we have the time to attempt to meet our financial obligations If we are working full time (and in some cases mandatory OT)? Regarding the specific field of air traffic control, outside of the military and select non-federal control towers (operated under contract by a 3rd party at low traffic fields), the federal government has a lock on this. Civilian options for this career field is essentially zero.

Indeed, we will get backpay as essential employees for working during this period. Congress will have to write legation and it'll need to be signed for furloughed employees to receive backpay. Some may see this as a vacation for non-essential bureaucrats that will get paid back, and for some that may be the case. Some of us look at it that way, while we still have to show for work. It's not technically fair and it's a **** situation for all. All federal employees are political pawns and being held hostage. The question of who the hostage taker is will depend on which side of the political spectrum you fall.

Finances: Like civilian workers, everyone's situation is different. Not everyone has six months of pay stored in the bank and the derision I see here toward the average worker bee is a bit disheartening. This is a car forum that is considered by most to be a toy and the viewpoints are skewed as expected. I'd just hope that the frustration, anger and vitriol are directed more appropriately to the people that caused this and not toward your average American that is attempting to live their live and go to work and perform in a career that they have chosen.

Outlook: If this goes on for a bit, what will the people do that are required to show up for work with no pay in sight? Do they take furlough and attempt to seek employment elsewhere? There are financial obligations that need to be met, like everyone else. I'm not aware of any civilian job that requires you to show up and work for an unknown period of time with the expectation of not getting paid or paid at some undetermined date in the future. This is the current situation for people attempting to secure the border, Coast Guard, DOD, controllers and many others who help keep things moving away from the lights and cameras day in and day out. At some point those questions will need to be asked and that's where things get interesting on the national scene. Some people will have to answer that question sooner than others.

This is a long post and I'm sure it falls into the TL;DR category and it's meant to be apolitical as well. I just want to put a perspective out there that is hopefully objective as possible in this charged climate. I know many Ds and Rs at work and all are affected for what it's worth.

About me: I'm a 20 year controller that is also a commercial pilot and a business owner. I am a conservative and Trump supporter and want the crap fixed at the border like many here. I also am trying to maintain a larger perspective of this issue as best I can as well as having some empathy for my fellow citizens caught up in this mess caused by the uni-party.
Remember, OP lives in a FL swap, builds shacks made of stick and mud and shiits in an outhouse. The country could go to pieces and it won't affect his life. He doesn't fly and is a proud of his ignorance of the world beyond his swamp

Last edited by PeterK; 01-13-2019 at 09:58 AM.
Old 01-13-2019, 09:58 AM
LarsAtTheBeach
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

Remember, OP lives in a FL swap and shiits in an outhouse. The country could go to pieces and it won't affect his life. He doesn't fly and is a proud of his ignorance of the world beyond his swamp
incorrect on every point.

Want to to try again?
Old 01-13-2019, 10:00 AM
Dave80C3
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by coletrickle35 View Post
basic home economics class in high school teaches 50/30/20 $ rule. Any financial advisor will tell you... household should have 6 months worth of expenses saved at all times. I have no sympathy.
I think its been a very long time since that was taught in a public school, probably the 70's.
Old 01-13-2019, 10:02 AM
Silver05GTO
CF Senior Member

Dems should fund the wall and end the shutdown, this can all be over shortly.
Remember.....Trump won in large part due to the American people wanting a more secure border, a wall.
Old 01-13-2019, 10:04 AM
Frankie the Fink
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanked 3,195 Times in 2,553 Posts

1/2 the loudmouths on here, maybe 3/4, wouldn't have lasted a month working as a WG-12 Federal employee at a Navy Depot (like I did) putting F-14s and A-6s together in a hangar 12 hours a day in the freezing cold and stifling heat...
Old 01-13-2019, 10:08 AM
PeterK
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '12
2012 Election Contest Winner

Originally Posted by Frankie the Fink View Post
1/2 the loudmouths on here, maybe 3/4, wouldn't have lasted a month working as a WG-12 Federal employee at a Navy Depot (like I did) putting F-14s and A-6s together in a hangar 12 hours a day in the freezing cold and stifling heat...
Most of the trump voters here are unemployed pensioners who sucked on the government tit all their life. They are way past their prime for anything beyond posting far to the right stuff they heard from conservative news outlets. Now, if govement cuts their SS/retirement check then they would raise a huge stink because "they are entitled to it"

Last edited by PeterK; 01-13-2019 at 10:14 AM.
Old 01-13-2019, 10:14 AM
tonak
CF Senior Member

Most of the trump voters here are unemployed pensioners who sucked on the government tit all their life. They are way past their prime for anything beyond posting far to the right stuff they heard from conservative news outlets
Proof? I highly doubt that one, but it does fall in line with the msm habit of spouting pure conjecture as reality, (aka lying).

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Screw these federal workers and their paychecks...

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: