Your Move Cryin’ Chuck… White House Budget Office Makes Plans for Democrat Shutdown t - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Off Topic > Politics, Religion & Controversy
Reload this Page >

Your Move Cryin’ Chuck… White House Budget Office Makes Plans for Democrat Shutdown t

Notices
Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

Your Move Cryin’ Chuck… White House Budget Office Makes Plans for Democrat Shutdown t

Old 01-11-2019, 05:20 PM
1%r
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '03 through '17

Default Your Move Cryin’ Chuck… White House Budget Office Makes Plans for Democrat Shutdown t

Your Move Cryin’ Chuck… White House Budget Office Makes Plans for Democrat Shutdown to Last Through February

by Jim Hoft January 11, 2019 6 CommentsThe Trump White House is making plans for the Democrat shutdown to last until the end of February.

Cryin’ Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi refuse to budge on border security for America.
So the President is keeping his promise to voters to protect the country and build a border wall.

The Hill reported:

President Trump on Friday said he will hold off on declaring a national emergency to circumvent Congress and begin building his long-promised border wall, at least for the time being.

Trump told reporters at the White House that he has the authority to make an emergency declaration to jump-start wall construction, but said, “I’m not going to do it so fast.”…

…The White House is now making preparations for the shutdown to last weeks longer, an administration official confirmed to The Hill.

The Office of Management and Budget is gearing up for the partial shutdown to continue through February, and aides have discussed using Trump’s Jan. 29 State of the Union to admonish Democrats over their opposition to his $5.7 billion request for border wall funding.

Old 01-11-2019, 05:41 PM
DB Cooper
CF Senior Member

Now repubs need to start badgering dems about how long they're going to starve out their government worker voter base and potentially their welfare queen voter base, just to protect their investment in their illegal alien voter base. Their marginal numbers on the government worker base is probably a group they can afford to alienate. But wait till the food stamp funding comes up on its expiration date. That's when this will get good.

Last edited by DB Cooper; 01-11-2019 at 05:45 PM.
Old 01-11-2019, 07:29 PM
Nutmeg
CF Senior Member

I hope the shut down doesn't last that long, till the end of Feb. It would not be surprising to me though if it did.
Old 01-11-2019, 07:40 PM
dmaxx3500
CF Senior Member

till the prez ''state of the union address''
Old 01-11-2019, 07:46 PM
KenHorse
Obama, the worst POS ever
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Aurora, OR by way of Maui, HI. I have the heart of a Progressive - I keep it in a jar on my desk
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by dmaxx3500 View Post
good point (although he'd never get a fair shake from the corrupt and seditious 5th Column Media
Old 01-11-2019, 08:15 PM
su8pack1
CF Senior Member

Maybe some will realize that we probably don't need all those government workers anyway.
Old 01-11-2019, 08:19 PM
30YR W8T
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: "Don't expect to build up the weak by pulling down the strong." Calvin Coolidge

Originally Posted by su8pack1 View Post
Maybe some will realize that we probably don't need all those government workers anyway.
Yep, wouldn't that be a kick in the private place for the left?
Old 01-11-2019, 08:24 PM
Platoface
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '11

If it’s not essential, we don’t need it. Boot them out.
Old 01-12-2019, 06:28 AM
tnvette2
CF Senior Member

Old 01-12-2019, 10:21 AM
Gordon Shumway
CF Senior Member

Well one thing for sure, the longer this current shutdown goes on, the more the age old threat of a shutdown will be de-weaponized in the future.
Old 01-12-2019, 10:52 AM
BobG
CF Senior Member

That will be a "must watch" event this year. After the domestic enemy liberal party's shameful behavior during last year's speech, this should provide quite the spectacle of public stupidity.
Old 01-12-2019, 10:53 AM
hedgehead
CF Senior Member

Location: I'm not doing as well as I expected, but I never expected I would

Originally Posted by su8pack1 View Post

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Your Move Cryin’ Chuck… White House Budget Office Makes Plans for Democrat Shutdown t

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: