Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

Serious question here.........

Old 02-02-2019, 10:12 PM
Craq
CF Senior Member

Liked 18 Times in 7 Posts

I'm more repulsed that he's okay with murdering an infant in his care...
Old 02-02-2019, 10:25 PM
Corvette Kid
Large Impressive Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Liked 64 Times in 29 Posts
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'06-'07

Originally Posted by pewter99 View Post
I said this in the other thread, overall MOST of us realize that stuff like that was done in the past when it was acceptable, funny or whatever. MOST people still have a sense of humor and don't get butt hurt over this crap. The minority wants us to believe that EVERYONE is outraged and so offended. It wasn't that long ago that stuff like this wasn't such a big deal. I still say that social media will be the downfall of this country, you can share stuff and drive a narrative in minutes like never before. You can sway public opinion with no facts and if you are wrong no one cares tomorrow the damage is done, no one cares about the truth or the correction.
Change the term "social Media" to "mass media" in your post and either way you are still 100% correct.
Old 02-02-2019, 11:00 PM
PeterSG
CF Senior Member

Location: NCM Lifetime member -- Faced with crisis, the man of character falls back upon himself.
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-‘19

At each point in our life we are the summation package of all experiences, education, and personal elements.

If an individual appears to have reformed from some inappropriate opinion, then he should be given further opportunity to demonstrate what he has evolved into. If that proves not good or not appropriate, then he should be ousted, or not re-elected.

However, if he appears to not have reformed from some inappropriate opinion, then he has been uncovered as inappropriate for his position. He should resign or, if there is a mechanism, should be ousted through legal procedure.

Using the Virginia governor as an example: IMO, after observing him recently and assembling those images with his visible past, this VA governor appears to be a consistent package of arrogance, elitism, dislike for certain types of people, and a schmuck.
Old 02-02-2019, 11:10 PM
TCracingCA
CF Senior Member

Liked 297 Times in 264 Posts

I Thought I would only have to worry about women remembering everything I did, but now Democrats!
Old 02-02-2019, 11:13 PM
Millenium Z06
CF Senior Member

Liked 139 Times in 122 Posts

Originally Posted by themonk View Post
How long should things that you did in the past haunt you for? I'm just listening to the Virginia governor apologize for some costume that he was dressed in many years ago, I guess it was racist, whatever. So many times celebrities, politicians, etc have been forced to resign or have been called out over something that they have done or said in the long ago past. Who really gives a f'k, in most cases you're not the same person you were growing up, 10, 20. 30 years ago, so why are people so hell bent on digging up your past to find something that was out of character from who you are now. Times have changed, things in the past may have been considered funny or "acceptable" should not come to haunt you now. People really need to lighten the f'k up.

I don't disagree but he did wave the racist flag towards his opponent while he himself had skeletons. Had he not done that then maybe. I have a problem with the hypocrisy
Old 02-02-2019, 11:15 PM
Millenium Z06
CF Senior Member

Liked 139 Times in 122 Posts

Originally Posted by kingpin111 View Post
The answer depends on whose agenda it needs to fit.
This is pretty much the real answer
Old 02-02-2019, 11:33 PM
Dr Octane
CF Senior Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

How long should things that you did in the past haunt you for? I'm just listening to the Virginia governor apologize for some costume that he was dressed in many years ago, I guess it was racist, whatever. So many times celebrities, politicians, etc have been forced to resign or have been called out over something that they have done or said in the long ago past. Who really gives a f'k, in most cases you're not the same person you were growing up, 10, 20. 30 years ago, so why are people so hell bent on digging up your past to find something that was out of character from who you are now. Times have changed, things in the past may have been considered funny or "acceptable" should not come to haunt you now. People really need to lighten the f'k up.
You probably don't follow Virginia politics, but like many Democrats, his hypocrisy is difficult to bear.

Like against his previous opponent:

Old 02-03-2019, 02:26 AM
Aerovette
CF Senior Member

Liked 192 Times in 122 Posts

I think every decade **** should go away. In my 20's, don't hold me accountable for my teens, In my 30's don't hold me accountable for my 20's and so on.
Old 02-03-2019, 02:29 AM
owebo
CF Senior Member

Liked 31 Times in 27 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11, '16

Originally Posted by Humanoid 2.0 View Post
Is this PRC
it is now...we’ve got it from here...

If you’re a democrat, kindly check your hoods at the door....
Old 02-03-2019, 02:34 AM
z06inVB
CF Senior Member

Liked 169 Times in 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr Octane View Post
You probably don't follow Virginia politics, but like many Democrats, his hypocrisy is difficult to bear.

Like against his previous opponent:

http://twitter.com/RalphNortham/stat...-gop-racist%2F
My racist Governor Coonman (D) chose to go all in with the race card. His supporters were mostly coastal libs, unions and Hollywood. They swamped the state with accusations of his opponents alleged racism.

So no. Sorry but this is just Karma bitch slapping him. **** him and **** his supporters.
Old 02-03-2019, 02:39 AM
99C5Vert
CF Senior Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'11

Depends on the "what" and the "who".

This is the guy who plays identity politics. We are just applying his own medicine. As others pointed out, he and his allies were so quick to paint Gillespie as racist.

We are just applying his own conduct and standards to himself.
Old 02-03-2019, 02:46 AM
bubba68ss
CF Senior Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

How many people that claim to be offended are actually just trying to be offended on behalf of someone else just to prove how ‘kind’ they are? Like they think they are just doing a public service or something?
Old 02-03-2019, 04:24 AM
Over9K
CF Senior Member

Liked 11 Times in 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bubba68ss View Post
How many people that claim to be offended are actually just trying to be offended on behalf of someone else just to prove how ‘kind’ they are? Like they think they are just doing a public service or something?
It's called Virtue Signalling and it's the only export from the liberal's imaginary world...
Old 02-03-2019, 08:34 AM
m and t's77
CF Senior Member

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TCracingCA View Post
I Thought I would only have to worry about women remembering everything I did, but now Democrats!
My wife can bring up something from 15 years ago and make it sound like it just happened yesterday.
Old 02-03-2019, 08:38 AM
BLZNSDL
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

apologize to an individual, never to a faceless group or a collective as it simply empowers the group to oppress and extort liberty from others later
Old 02-03-2019, 08:48 AM
BoostManiac
CF Senior Member

Location: Deplorable 160 Proof Olde Anglo-Saxon in Atlanta, GA
Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts

Depends if you are White or Not White.

No really, that's what it boils down to.
Old 02-03-2019, 09:01 AM
Grumpy
MONARTOR

Liked 35 Times in 16 Posts
Cruise-In 5-6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-10-'11-12-'13-'14-'15-'16-17-'18
NCM Sinkhole Donor

can go back to last Thursday if a D, the big bang if an R. YMMV
Old 02-03-2019, 09:17 AM
grandpawmoses
CF Senior Member

Liked 68 Times in 33 Posts

The evolution of our society is going in the crapper.
Old 02-03-2019, 09:24 AM
Boba Fett
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Liked 426 Times in 313 Posts

it's ironic, we're supposed to be tolerant of people's choices and or individuality but heaven forbid someone do something that may be a wee bit offensive but certainly not world ending. I shake my head and what this world has turned into.
I agree with this
Originally Posted by kingpin111 View Post
The answer depends on whose agenda it needs to fit.
most def
Old 02-03-2019, 09:30 AM
jashmore1234
CF Senior Member

Liked 35 Times in 29 Posts

Once a racist, always a racist.

Northam has lost the moral authority to lead minorities in VA, disinfranchising those persons.

He must go immediately.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Serious question here.........

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: