Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

So....is KISS still evil?

Old 02-03-2019, 11:51 AM
Jon Hekking
CF Senior Member

Liked 65 Times in 44 Posts

Saw them my senior year of high school at the old McNichols Arena in Denver, looks like the show hasn't changed much at all. Certainly not evil, just entertainers that found something that worked for their fans a stuck with it............... for 40 years. Anyone that finds evil in entertainment is looking for it.
Old 02-03-2019, 11:54 AM
KissArmy2001
CF Senior Member

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Have my tickets for this month.
Old 02-03-2019, 11:56 AM
X-ZZ4
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post

theres some great music there, love it.

Also, jelly again that OP saw another good concert.
I assume jelly=jealous....

But yeah, this seems to be becoming a habit. A good habit.

Don't see anything worthwhile local on the horizon thru June though. Maiden is here soon, but never been a fan. There's Ozzy in July....but not so sure about that either. I saw Sabbath "The End" tour 2 years ago. I think that's how I'd rather remember Ozzy.
Old 02-03-2019, 11:57 AM
blaforce
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by m and t's77 View Post
This guy

No. Alex Harvey.
Old 02-03-2019, 12:02 PM
X-ZZ4
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Originally Posted by KissArmy2001 View Post
Have my tickets for this month.
Outstanding!

And yeah, with your forum name you damn well better!

Here's my $20 pirate shirt I got from the homeless guy pawning them in the parking lot. Which one are you?

And their tour is damn impressive for guys eligible for full social security bennies....hope they make it to the end!

Last edited by X-ZZ4; 02-03-2019 at 12:06 PM.
Old 02-03-2019, 12:36 PM
Axelrod
CF Senior Member

Liked 11 Times in 7 Posts

Originally Posted by X-ZZ4 View Post

Don't see anything worthwhile local on the horizon thru June though. Maiden is here soon, but never been a fan. There's Ozzy in July....but not so sure about that either. I saw Sabbath "The End" tour 2 years ago. I think that's how I'd rather remember Ozzy.
Same here... Sabbath. So lucky to have seen them again with 3 of the 4 original members. We may be getting old but we get damn good concert tickets. We were 10th row and the impact was incredible. Toni Iommi will forever be the man. It would have been nice if Bill Ward would have been there, but, Ozzy's fill-in drummer gave the tour much more impact and heavier playing style than Bill. Awesome shows. Will never forget it. Childhood favorite band to the extreme.

Since then we saw Ozzy tour with Zack Wylde. We were in the lower level second section away from the stage and guess who came running out into the stands and played half a song right next to us?

Pondering seeing Kiss. We usually see a dozen or more shows per year... I have a couple CD's in the collection from Kiss... but not necessarily a favorite.

One of the detours this year may be seeing Tool live in Europe. Won't commit till the new album drops. Should be phenomenal given their past.

Long story short, not sure if I respect Gene Simmons enough to put $$$$$ in his pocket. I'm not seeing the "I was made for loving you" song in the current setlist for the western part of their tour. Though, 80% of the rest of the songs is a "hell yea! Let's go!" We shall see. Will probably see them in philly since they opened a 2nd night there (FRIDAY!)

BTW, Paul Stanley's biography book details his slow start and rise to fame. He had a number of things as a young adult they were holding him back and he managed to overcome physical obstacle and kept plowing forward with the desire to succeed and rose to super stardom. He says he is still a regular guy and "the dad that still goes to the grocery store".

Joe Rogan had Stanley on for a full 3 hours as well. Seems like an awesome guy.

Old 02-03-2019, 12:57 PM
Sifu-TZ
CF Senior Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

thats why I didnít see ozzy when he was here a few months ago. I donít think heís up to the job the way he used to be.

Then again i would never have expected the guys from Kiss to still be so strong at the game. If there was someone else that was really good on a card with Maiden, Iíd pay to see that.

Iím presuming you guys prepared yourselves for the show, of course!
Old 02-03-2019, 01:23 PM
67tripwr
CF Senior Member

Location: Bringing The Liberal Hypocrisy To Light, Tolerance Has Become Intolerable
Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

You know what the Dead Head said when the drugs wore off?

God this band sucks! LOL
Old 02-03-2019, 01:31 PM
69L46
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Liked 53 Times in 33 Posts
2015 C3 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-'18-Ď19

No ****. That's actuality part of my reasoning for this thread.

I remember KISS tours as a kid. There were always the jesus freaks protestors following them.

But that was before the internet, social media, and recreational outrage. I'm surprised the Jesus freaks haven't moved on to bigger and better causes these days.
We saw these nuts while walking around the Super Bowl stuff downtown last evening.

By comparison, they make the religious sign holders at the KISS concert seem rational. And there were plenty of them on hand as well, of course.
Old 02-03-2019, 01:34 PM
X-ZZ4
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Originally Posted by Axelrod View Post
Same here... Sabbath. So lucky to have seen them again with 3 of the 4 original members. We may be getting old but we get damn good concert tickets. We were 10th row and the impact was incredible. Toni Iommi will forever be the man. It would have been nice if Bill Ward would have been there, but, Ozzy's fill-in drummer gave the tour much more impact and heavier playing style than Bill. Awesome shows. Will never forget it. Childhood favorite band to the extreme.

Since then we saw Ozzy tour with Zack Wylde. We were in the lower level second section away from the stage and guess who came running out into the stands and played half a song right next to us?

Pondering seeing Kiss. We usually see a dozen or more shows per year... I have a couple CD's in the collection from Kiss... but not necessarily a favorite.

One of the detours this year may be seeing Tool live in Europe. Won't commit till the new album drops. Should be phenomenal given their past.

Long story short, not sure if I respect Gene Simmons enough to put $$$$$ in his pocket. I'm not seeing the "I was made for loving you" song in the current setlist for the western part of their tour. Though, 80% of the rest of the songs is a "hell yea! Let's go!" We shall see. Will probably see them in philly since they opened a 2nd night there (FRIDAY!)

BTW, Paul Stanley's biography book details his slow start and rise to fame. He had a number of things as a young adult they were holding him back and he managed to overcome physical obstacle and kept plowing forward with the desire to succeed and rose to super stardom. He says he is still a regular guy and "the dad that still goes to the grocery store".

Joe Rogan had Stanley on for a full 3 hours as well. Seems like an awesome guy.
No ****? How did I miss that one? Definitely gotta watch/ listen to that one third week. Sheet.... maybe get it in this morning before the Super Bowl. Thanks for that.

Edit - found it.... kinda old. Watching now!

Last edited by X-ZZ4; 02-03-2019 at 01:58 PM.
Old 02-03-2019, 01:40 PM
X-ZZ4
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post

thats why I didnít see ozzy when he was here a few months ago. I donít think heís up to the job the way he used to be.

Then again i would never have expected the guys from Kiss to still be so strong at the game. If there was someone else that was really good on a card with Maiden, Iíd pay to see that.

Iím presuming you guys prepared yourselves for the show, of course!
4 shots immediately beforehand, plus the pen is a "don't leave home without it" item and it went inside with me. It was a very happy show.

And I don't know where they get "10 servings" on those shots....3-4 whole bottles seems about right to me.

Only for special occasions though. At $10 each, those things add up way too fast. Way more better econmical ways as I'm sure you're aware...

Last edited by X-ZZ4; 02-03-2019 at 01:45 PM.
Old 02-03-2019, 02:04 PM
shane p
CF Senior Member

Liked 50 Times in 39 Posts

Originally Posted by m and t's77 View Post
Metallica sold out after their first album and anything good they did was from Mustaine.They are an excellent cover band though...

Are you sure about all that? They did sell out but way after Dave left.

Last edited by shane p; 02-03-2019 at 02:05 PM.
Old 02-03-2019, 02:16 PM
X-ZZ4
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Originally Posted by shane p View Post

Are you sure about all that? They did sell out but way after Dave left.
Watching Paul Stanley on that JRE posted above. He addresses "selling out".

He says selling out to who and for what?

He says he does what he does for himself and his largest fan base. Not some rock writer or obscure "originalist" fan.

I think he makes a good point.
Old 02-03-2019, 02:16 PM
LarsAtTheBeach
CF Senior Member

Liked 29 Times in 10 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

I saw KISS a few years ago. The absolute worse concert I have ever seen. Actually the only concert I would have walked out of in my life but we were there with others.
Old 02-03-2019, 02:21 PM
KenHorse
AOC = All Out Communist
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Aurora, OR by way of Maui, HI. I have the heart of a Progressive - I keep it in a jar on my desk
Liked 854 Times in 590 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

Never a fan so meh.......
Old 02-03-2019, 02:22 PM
shane p
CF Senior Member

Watching Paul Stanley on that JRE posted above. He addresses "selling out".

He says selling out to who and for what?

He says he does what he does for himself and his largest fan base. Not some rock writer or obscure "originalist" fan.

I think he makes a good point.

I donít think Kiss did. 77 was talking about Metallica and that is what my reply is about.
Old 02-03-2019, 02:28 PM
MagRedConv
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Liked 29 Times in 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Jon Hekking View Post
Saw them my senior year of high school at the old McNichols Arena in Denver, looks like the show hasn't changed much at all. Certainly not evil, just entertainers that found something that worked for their fans a stuck with it............... for 40 years. Anyone that finds evil in entertainment is looking for it.
Kinda like racism...

Originally Posted by blaforce View Post
No. Alex Harvey.
Now THERE'S a name I haven't heard mentioned in quite a while. Gotta love the SAHB.

Old 02-03-2019, 02:44 PM
X-ZZ4
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

I donít think Kiss did. 77 was talking about Metallica and that is what my reply is about.
I understand. I'm just addressing the whole idea of selling out, as I think Paul Stanley was.

As to Metallica, personally, I like the Hetfield version MUCH better than the Mustaine version. And I think they've just matured, and matured well. I could listen to Black and Load all day, with a little Master mixed in. In fact, I often do, that's what's perma-loaded in my car CD changer.
Old 02-03-2019, 02:49 PM
m and t's77
CF Senior Member

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

They were good right up to and including And justice for all.
The Black album came out played it once and that was it.
Megadeth and Slayer always stayed closer to their roots.
Megadeth and Dio was an awesome show in Rhode Island,as was Overkill,Slayer and Motorhead all in one night at the Orpheum.
Old 02-03-2019, 02:59 PM
shane p
CF Senior Member

I maybe be wrong but I think Dave left in 83 or 84 (shoulda looked LOL) but I think Ride The Lightening, Master of Puppets, and Justice for All are all good albums. I think the black album they started to sell out and become more mainstream. Iíve seen Slayer 3 or 4 times and always put on a good show.

Last edited by shane p; 02-03-2019 at 03:01 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: So....is KISS still evil?

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: