Notices
Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

This Blackface Thing is Out of Control

Old 02-07-2019, 06:39 PM
Chemdawg99
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12, '15

Originally Posted by C5pilot View Post
You avoided my question... Was the Wayans brothers "comedic" portrayal at the expense of white people or not? And since we all know the answer is a resounding, "YES", why was/is that ok? Why wait for whites to be upset over it in a hundred years, we should act now.
Not sure if you understand the English language, but since you appear to be too obtuse to realize what should be obvious, the Wayans used whiteface to make jokes at the expense of white people. Happy now? Are you offended? If so, it’s because you choose to be offended. At least as far as this issue is concerned.

I mean, that movie was released 15 years ago, if you are offended by it now, that’s pretty silly. I think I made my position pretty clear on this issue. I don’t think blackface or whiteface in and of itself is something to be offended by. The context is what should be the determining factor and that’s up to the individual to decide for himself or herself.

Last edited by Chemdawg99; 02-07-2019 at 09:06 PM.
Old 02-07-2019, 08:23 PM
Boba Fett
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

political correctness is a poison
Old 02-08-2019, 01:35 AM
C5pilot
CF Senior Member

Location: Be thankful we're not getting all the gov't we're paying for. S.E. PA

Originally Posted by Chemdawg99 View Post
Not sure if you understand the English language, but since you appear to be too obtuse to realize what should be obvious, the Wayans used whiteface to make jokes at the expense of white people. Happy now? Are you offended? If so, itís because you choose to be offended. At least as far as this issue is concerned.

I mean, that movie was released 15 years ago, if you are offended by it now, thatís pretty silly. I think I made my position pretty clear on this issue. I donít think blackface or whiteface in and of itself is something to be offended by. The context is what should be the determining factor and thatís up to the individual to decide for himself or herself.
LOL. Your sarcasm meter not working or are you just embarrassed to admit some blacks find racist **** funny? None of this means anything to me. I couldn't care less who is offended by anything. I live by the 1A and firmly believe we all have the right to say or convey anything we damn well please with the understanding that not everyone will agree and paybacks are a bitch.
Old 02-08-2019, 01:41 AM
pewter99
Admin
Support Corvetteforum!

Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Originally Posted by H P Bushrod View Post
This race crap is ridiculous.......
10-4 my brother

I think you can buy that White Cracker beer you like so much in TN now...

https://cigarcitybrewing.com/beers/c...ied=07a507d3e7
Old 02-08-2019, 06:21 AM
Chemdawg99
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12, '15

LOL. Your sarcasm meter not working or are you just embarrassed to admit some blacks find racist **** funny? None of this means anything to me. I couldn't care less who is offended by anything. I live by the 1A and firmly believe we all have the right to say or convey anything we damn well please with the understanding that not everyone will agree and paybacks are a bitch.
Kinda hard to convey sarcasm on an Internet forum, so if your post was meant to be sarcastic, youíd have to actually indicate it. Besides, I merely asked you if you were offended. Iím a firm believer in the First Amendment as well, but realize that our rights under that amendment are not made out of taffy, there are limits and if a person wants to say racist things, there just might be consequences for it.
Old 02-08-2019, 07:00 AM
Fuzzy Dice
CF Senior Member

Cruise-In IV Veteran

The only thing I dislike more than this political correct nonsense is hypocrisy...those on the left can go after kavanaugh's past and trump's as well, just to name two, but now that it's their own the excuses are coming out for the most part...one other thing...I like comedy as much as anyone but meanness disguised as comedy really pizzes me off...I have seen many, many left wing comedians do this but have never seen a right wing comedian do it...why is that?...
Old 02-08-2019, 10:42 AM
Chemdawg99
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12, '15

Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dice View Post
The only thing I dislike more than this political correct nonsense is hypocrisy...those on the left can go after kavanaugh's past and trump's as well, just to name two, but now that it's their own the excuses are coming out for the most part...one other thing...I like comedy as much as anyone but meanness disguised as comedy really pizzes me off...I have seen many, many left wing comedians do this but have never seen a right wing comedian do it...why is that?...
Just a thought here...
Did bringing up Kavanaughís past prevent him from being confirmed?
Did bringing up Trumpís past keep him being elected president?

Methinks you are protesting something else since neither of your examples were adversely affected by their past behaviors. In the case of Trump, his past behavior is part of his appeal to those who support him.
Old 02-08-2019, 10:54 AM
owebo
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '11, '16

Just a thought here...

Methinks you are protesting something else since neither of your examples were adversely affected by their past behaviors. In the case of Trump, his past behavior is part of his appeal to those who support him.
bringing up....strange choice of words,for the plantation....

but i do agree, Trumps stellar past is a big part of why people with character elected him....
Old 02-08-2019, 11:01 AM
Aerovette
CF Senior Member

Just a thought here...
Did bringing up Kavanaugh’s past prevent him from being confirmed?
Did bringing up Trump’s past keep him being elected president?

That is a ****-poor defense of their (Dems / Libs) actions. Like committing a drive-by shooting and defending it because no one died.

Last edited by Aerovette; 02-08-2019 at 11:01 AM.
Old 02-08-2019, 11:33 AM
BuckeyeZ06
CF Senior Member

Just a thought here...

For me, and I realize your comments weren't directed at me, I voted for Trump not because of his past, or even present behavior, but because of the alternative (Hillary) and I supported many of his stated policies.

Regarding Kavanaugh, the exercise in digging up his past certainly came close to costing him his Supreme Court position. Truthfully, if there was evidence that he committed what he as accused of, then he shouldn't have been confirmed. But there wasn't, in fact there as more evidence supported his claim he wasn't even "there" (wherever "there" was). But in Social Media, for some people, he's an attempted rapist. So it does effect people.

Look, people do wroig/stupid things all the time. And we (hopefully) evolve over the years. What used to bother me 25 years ago doesn't today. That's the perspective gained from growing old, and hopefully a bit wiser.

I was talked with my best friend (of 43 years) a few minutes ago, and he told me his high school year book had a picture from his school's Halloween party. Guess what? There were kids dressed in KKK robes. Without knowing who the people were in the pictures, I guarantee you they wouldn't dress that way today, not as 56 year olds or today's 15 year olds. We have evolved, and we have gotten better...in some ways.
Old 02-08-2019, 12:25 PM
Chemdawg99
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12, '15

Originally Posted by BuckeyeZ06 View Post
For me, and I realize your comments weren't directed at me, I voted for Trump not because of his past, or even present behavior, but because of the alternative (Hillary) and I supported many of his stated policies.

Regarding Kavanaugh, the exercise in digging up his past certainly came close to costing him his Supreme Court position. Truthfully, if there was evidence that he committed what he as accused of, then he shouldn't have been confirmed. But there wasn't, in fact there as more evidence supported his claim he wasn't even "there" (wherever "there" was). But in Social Media, for some people, he's an attempted rapist. So it does effect people.

Look, people do wroig/stupid things all the time. And we (hopefully) evolve over the years. What used to bother me 25 years ago doesn't today. That's the perspective gained from growing old, and hopefully a bit wiser.

I was talked with my best friend (of 43 years) a few minutes ago, and he told me his high school year book had a picture from his school's Halloween party. Guess what? There were kids dressed in KKK robes. Without knowing who the people were in the pictures, I guarantee you they wouldn't dress that way today, not as 56 year olds or today's 15 year olds. We have evolved, and we have gotten better...in some ways.
Perhaps I should have qualified my post about Trump supporters by saying his past and his boorish behavior are appealing to SOME of his supporters. I certainly understand your reasoning for voting for Trump. That said, my point is that there is literally nothing a person can do about how people react to something that occurred in their past. You can only control who you are and what you say and do today. I couldnít care less about a rich dude grabbing women by the ***** as long as the women donít mind and I couldnít care less about a white dude who wore blackface in a graduate school yearbook picture 25 years ago.
Old 02-08-2019, 12:27 PM
Vitoc
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17

Just a thought here...
Did bringing up Kavanaugh’s past prevent him from being confirmed?
Did bringing up Trump’s past keep him being elected president?

With each post you reveal your degrading character.

It's like saying you voted for Barack Obama because he sat in the church of a hateful anti-American racist for 17 years. That is the reason you voted for him and supported him. That is why he appealed to you.

Yeah, everybody here sees right through you. You're the forum racist for a reason.

Last edited by Vitoc; 02-08-2019 at 12:35 PM.
Old 02-08-2019, 12:52 PM
BuckeyeZ06
CF Senior Member

Perhaps I should have qualified my post about Trump supporters by saying his past and his boorish behavior are appealing to SOME of his supporters. I certainly understand your reasoning for voting for Trump. That said, my point is that there is literally nothing a person can do about how people react to something that occurred in their past. You can only control who you are and what you say and do today. I couldn’t care less about a rich dude grabbing women by the ***** as long as the women don’t mind and I couldn’t care less about a white dude who wore blackface in a graduate school yearbook picture 25 years ago.
I think what we want may be a Unicorn...everyone to act rationally and reasonably...

Last edited by BuckeyeZ06; 02-08-2019 at 01:25 PM.
Old 02-08-2019, 12:56 PM
Vitoc
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17

Perhaps I should have qualified my post about Trump supporters by saying his past and his boorish behavior are appealing to SOME of his supporters. I certainly understand your reasoning for voting for Trump. That said, my point is that there is literally nothing a person can do about how people react to something that occurred in their past. You can only control who you are and what you say and do today. I couldnít care less about a rich dude grabbing women by the ***** as long as the women donít mind and I couldnít care less about a white dude who wore blackface in a graduate school yearbook picture 25 years ago.
Nah. You don't have to qualify anything. We all know who you are.
Old 02-08-2019, 12:59 PM
Chemdawg99
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12, '15

Originally Posted by Aerovette View Post
That is a ****-poor defense of their (Dems / Libs) actions. Like committing a drive-by shooting and defending it because no one died.

Iím not defending anything.
Old 02-08-2019, 01:28 PM
C5pilot
CF Senior Member

Location: Be thankful we're not getting all the gov't we're paying for. S.E. PA

Just a thought here...

What a bunch of BS.

Did lynching a bunch of blacks and keeping them from voting and owning property stop them from being equals today? So which is it, are we suppose to forget peoples struggles, or not?
Is there anything you believe that doesn't involve a double standard?

Harry Reid and that Candy bitch got their desired affects against Romney. But to a lib, the ends justify the means.

And since we're on an Internet Forum.... let me convey, those were rhetorical questions. We all know the answers.
Old 02-08-2019, 01:32 PM
Aerovette
CF Senior Member

Iím not defending anything.
Just a thought here...

This reads very much like a "no harm, no foul" defense.
Old 02-08-2019, 02:30 PM
Chemdawg99
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12, '15

Originally Posted by Aerovette View Post
This reads very much like a "no harm, no foul" defense.
It reads like that to you because you assume (incorrectly) that I support or care about the scrutiny that public figures and those seeking or in power have to deal with on some partisan level, I don't.

If they can't stand the heat, then they shouldn't be hanging out in the kitchen.

What a bunch of BS.

Did lynching a bunch of blacks and keeping them from voting and owning property stop them from being equals today? So which is it, are we suppose to forget peoples struggles, or not?
Is there anything you believe that doesn't involve a double standard?

Harry Reid and that Candy bitch got their desired affects against Romney. But to a lib, the ends justify the means.

And since we're on an Internet Forum.... let me convey, those were rhetorical questions. We all know the answers.
Your false equivalence logical fallacy is showing.
Are you really equating what Kavanaugh and Trump have "struggled with" to Jim Crow?
Old 02-08-2019, 02:39 PM
Aerovette
CF Senior Member

It reads like that to you because you assume (incorrectly) that I support or care about the scrutiny that public figures and those seeking or in power have to deal with on some partisan level, I don't.

If they can't stand the heat, then they shouldn't be hanging out in the kitchen.
You cared enough to post what you posted. Now you don't care? If you don't remember the point you were attempting to make, it's ok. We all can be forgetful.

EDIT: As for standing the heat...there should have been no heat. Kavanaugh went in clean and rightfully had no reason to anticipate unbearable heat. It was manufactured. Trump made a glib remark about what he "could" do, not about what he did do, but of course liberal idiots are unable to make the distinction.

Last edited by Aerovette; 02-08-2019 at 02:52 PM.
Old 02-08-2019, 03:03 PM
63 340HP
CF Senior Member

Your false equivalence logical fallacy is showing.
Are you really equating what Kavanaugh and Trump have "struggled with" to Jim Crow?
The equivalency would be holding a person's or organization's great grandchildren hostage to reparations for the misguided deeds of their ancestors.

The unfair Jim Crow policies were promoted and voted into approval by the Democratic Party, and I must ask if you embrace the equivalence to hold the current Democratic Party guilty for their Party's past crimes against Blacks (or do you excuse them, and everyone else alive today)?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: This Blackface Thing is Out of Control

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: