Notices
Politics, Religion & Controversy Politics | Religion | Controversy (Non-Corvette)

This Blackface Thing is Out of Control

Old 02-07-2019, 12:46 PM
Vitoc
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17
Default This Blackface Thing is Out of Control

Hrmm....
Old 02-07-2019, 12:47 PM
RandolphB
CF Senior Member

These racists need to apologize immediately.
Old 02-07-2019, 12:49 PM
owebo
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '11, '16

Wait until the plantation finds out it’s all democrats under the hoods...
Old 02-07-2019, 12:58 PM
glbeauchamp
CF Senior Member

I'm wondering if there is a picture of Fauxahontas in blackface? It seemed to be quite the rage for dems a while back.
Old 02-07-2019, 01:00 PM
Lord Vetter
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Originally Posted by glbeauchamp View Post
I'm wondering if there is a picture of Fauxahontas in blackface? It seemed to be quite the rage for dems a while back.
You keep quiet, paleface. LOL
Old 02-07-2019, 01:01 PM
Grumpy
MONARTOR

Cruise-In 5-6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-10-'11-12-'13-'14-'15-'16-17-'18
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by glbeauchamp View Post
there are several with Hillary in the dark face
Old 02-07-2019, 01:03 PM
MagRedConv
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

I'm offended.
Old 02-07-2019, 01:06 PM
Over9K
CF Senior Member

Don't worry... Whoopi will be along shortly to tell us all why it's ok for her friends to do it... it's only when our friends do it, that it becomes racist.
Old 02-07-2019, 01:07 PM
Dr Bee
CF Senior Member

It's a MASSIVE waste of time and the definition of fake outrage. So tired of it.
Old 02-07-2019, 01:09 PM
owebo
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '11, '16

Originally Posted by Dr Bee View Post
It's a MASSIVE waste of time and the definition of fake outrage. So tired of it.
itís fun watching you hang on your own ropes...
Old 02-07-2019, 01:11 PM
doorgunner
Doorgunner's '68 Project
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by owebo View Post
Wait until the plantation finds out itís all democrats under the hoods...
Racist!
It is no longer called a Hood. It is called a HOODIE.
Of course the results are the same....Violence.
Old 02-07-2019, 01:12 PM
ghostmech
CF Senior Member

I'm sure CD will be along to tells us why it's not out of control and the outrage is even justified. When black people wear white face, it's all in fun and no ill intentions are meant or implied. When white people do it, it is meant to demean him and his fellow AAs... like he says, its all about intentions. Black good, white bad.
Old 02-07-2019, 01:14 PM
Chemdawg99
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12, '15

Saving myself some typing...

In strict terms, whiteface and blackface are very much the same thing. It’s a theatrical device meant to portray racial stereotypes, usually for a comedic purpose.

However, as with most things, context trumps content. Blackface was not only used for comedic effect, but was also used originally to deny black people opportunities to work in the entertainment industry. Partially because many aspiring black actors refused to cater to the tastes of white audiences of the time, but also because blackface was meant to cement black stereotypes as “the way black people are”, often in the most deleterious and nefarious ways.

My point is that blackface has a rather long and dark (no pun intended) history, whereas whiteface does not. Bear in mind that whiteface nor blackface would have ever been used in entertainment and media were it not green-lighted by a still overwhelmingly white and male dominated entertainment industry.

All of that said, people need to learn to just accept that our aesthetic and cultural differences are what make us great and it’s okay to make fun of ourselves as long as the intent is not malicious.

Context trumps content...
Old 02-07-2019, 01:15 PM
owebo
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '11, '16

Originally Posted by Chemdawg99 View Post

In strict terms, whiteface and blackface are very much the same thing. Itís a theatrical device meant to portray racial stereotypes, usually for a comedic purpose.

However, as with most things, context trumps content. Blackface was not only used for comedic effect, but was also used originally to deny black people opportunities to work in the entertainment industry. Partially because many aspiring black actors refused to cater to the tastes of white audiences of the time, but also because blackface was meant to cement black stereotypes as ďthe way black people areĒ, often in the most deleterious and nefarious ways.

My point is that blackface has a rather long and dark (no pun intended) history, whereas whiteface does not. Bear in mind that whiteface nor blackface would have ever been used in entertainment and media were it not green-lighted by a still overwhelmingly white and male dominated entertainment industry.

All of that said, people need to learn to just accept that our aesthetic and cultural differences are what make us great and itís okay to make fun of ourselves as long as the intent is not malicious.

then stop weaponizing it.....
Old 02-07-2019, 01:18 PM
Aerovette
CF Senior Member

Did Al ever apologize?

How about Ted? Whoopi defended him at the time.

Old 02-07-2019, 01:18 PM
GhostTX
CF Senior Member

While I think getting punished for some shtick 20 year ago is appalling, let them eat their own with this. The PC culture has got to go.
Old 02-07-2019, 01:22 PM
colo63sw
CF Senior Member

In strict terms, whiteface and blackface are very much the same thing. Itís a theatrical device meant to portray racial stereotypes, usually for a comedic purpose.

However, as with most things, context trumps content. Blackface was not only used for comedic effect, but was also used originally to deny black people opportunities to work in the entertainment industry. Partially because many aspiring black actors refused to cater to the tastes of white audiences of the time, but also because blackface was meant to cement black stereotypes as ďthe way black people areĒ, often in the most deleterious and nefarious ways.

All of that said, people need to learn to just accept that our aesthetic and cultural differences are what make us great and itís okay to make fun of ourselves as long as the intent is not malicious.

Well stated.
But context is out the window in today's PC world. The PC police have power now and they will continually push the limits of that power, it has already gone to bad places and will only get worse.

That is one reason people like Trump, he is brave enough to push back at that power and suffer the slings & arrows that inevitably result from that push.

Old 02-07-2019, 01:26 PM
gixxerbill
CF Senior Member

this whole thing is freak'n stupid. Micheal Jackson was the biggest white face sucker ever. Who cares. The only reason this is coming up is because it's a distraction from democrats real goals of killing elementary school children next. Democrats make ***** look like saints. Democrats = evil baby murdering pedophiles.
Old 02-07-2019, 01:33 PM
BoostManiac
CF Senior Member

Location: Deplorable 160 Proof Olde Anglo-Saxon in Atlanta, GA

Originally Posted by RandolphB View Post
These racists need to apologize immediately.
Honky, please!
Old 02-07-2019, 01:39 PM
Vitoc
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17

Hypocrisy for days ^

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: This Blackface Thing is Out of Control

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: